Quantcast 60 During 50 – (pseudo) Live Trip Report Day 5

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default 60 During 50 – (pseudo) Live Trip Report Day 5

Okay, I think I am straightened out now....

Got to take it a bit easier this morning with EPCOT being my reserved park.

Checked outside before I left the room to see a misty rain, wind and cold (for Florida) temps. It never got much more than into the mid-50’s all day. Wasn’t about to let that take the wind out of my sails. Last nights extra rest has my back and legs feeling much better, so I am raring to go!

Caught a bus almost as soon as I walked up to the area and was quickly on my way to EPCOT. Looking forward to checking out Remy’s ride. They were holding people at Spaceship Earth until 9:30, so the crowd built up pretty quickly. Once they started letting resort guests in, it was a ‘mad rush’ to France. By now the rain had started coming down in more than the mist from earlier. Still not too awfully bad, but with the breeze, it chilled you pretty quickly. When I got over to France the line was already well outside the Ratatouille sign that serves as the entrance to the new area. I wasn’t about to get out of line to come back later as I felt that I would not have a better chance for a ride. Long story not so long, it was almost 11am before I came off the ride. I am glad I waited and got it in. My glasses were not the best, the left lens kept blurring, but I worked around it and enjoyed the ride. I would not, however, wait that long, in that kind of weather, to ride it again.

Now, it is getting uncomfortable outside. The rain is coming down harder and the temps are not going up. Time to find a hot coffee and something to munch on. For me, that means heading over to Norway for a Viking Kafe and Schoolbread. When I got over there I saw that Frozen Ever After had a 45 minute posted wait time, so I hit this first. They missed the mark on the timing for this one. It was more than an hour before I got my boat ride to Elsa’s celebration. It was now raining pretty hard and I know that there is a covered area to eat/drink, so I FINALLY got my coffee!!!

Glad I got a couple rides in, but I am not feeling it here today and it is already 2pm. Walking around World Showcase in the cold rain isn’t making it any more fun. (Yes, I know I am harping on the cold rain…LOL) My wind breaker/rain slicker is pretty much ineffectual by now, so it’s time to head over to the Connections Shop (formerly Mouse Gears) to see if I want to spend any money on anything beside food on this trip. On the way over, I went into the old Odyssey building to see the display there. On my way in I stepped the wrong way on the metal door strip and went down…One leg went out in front of me, the other came down on my knee. Nothing major, but embarrassing nonetheless. Walked it off and took it much more slowly and carefully after that.

Nothing really ‘spoke’ to me, so after checking out the new shop, it was time to ‘lick my wounds’ and get off my feet for a few hours. Headed back to the resort without any other ‘accidents.’

It was nice to get back to the room, get dry clothing on, and warm my bones a bit. Hard to believe I’m whining so much when I live in PA where it is in the teens and twenties during the day right now…I'm fine with teens and 20's with snow, but 50's with rain gets me every time.

The rain stopped in the mid-afternoon, but the temps and wind did not get any better. On my walk toward the buses to hop over to MK I came to the realization that it just wasn’t happening, so just grabbed some drink, turned around and headed back to the room. At least there is some football to watch this evening.

Tomorrow, it’s back to DHS in the morning and another ride on Rise of the Resistance. Whatever happens beyond that will depend on crowd levels and my attitude. My original plan was to hit EPCOT in the evening hours, but I might go to MK since I missed it tonight.

Stay tuned…..
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

2. Thanks faline thanked for this post
    Likes faline liked this post
  3.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Glad to hear you weren't hurt when you took a tumble!! It's not much fun to tour when it's rainy and chilly!! We've been having quite a few chilly days here in Florida recently. At least, you managed to experience Remy!!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

5. Likes PopPhan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by faline View Post
    Glad to hear you weren't hurt when you took a tumble!! It's not much fun to tour when it's rainy and chilly!! We've been having quite a few chilly days here in Florida recently. At least, you managed to experience Remy!!
    It's all good. May have been a good thing in the end. Forced me to take some extra 'time off' and rest the legs and back. Got up this morning feeling pretty good. Spent almost 4 hours in DHS this morning and am feeling pretty good, although chilled, right now.

Remy was a decent ride. Actually better than I was expecting for a simple ride through the movie like it is. Definitely good for the kids and a ride once in a while.
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry it was cold and rainy, that's not expected at Disney. Warm and rainy is a lot easier to handle. I'm glad you took a break after your fall. You still had a couple of good rides.
    Diane
    ~•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•~
    When your heart is in your dream, no request is too extreme.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: