Quantcast 60 During 50 -- Pre-Trip report

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default 60 During 50 -- Pre-Trip report

60 During 50 -- Pre-Trip report

Yep, it’s that time again. After an over 3 year ‘break,’ I am heading back to ‘The World’ to celebrate Walt Disney World’s 50th Anniversary as well as my own 60th ‘anniversary’ (birthday.)

If any of you remember my past trip reports, this will undoubtedly be LONG! LOL

Dates of trip: January 18 – January 25, 2022

Cast of Characters: Me, myself, and I.

Resort: All Star Movies on an Annual Passholder discount. Thank you, Denise of Magical Journeys, for getting me taken care of! You’re the best!

Ticket(s): Grandfathered Platinum Annual Pass (PAP,) which has been waiting for me to activate for more than two years. Because it is a grandfathered pass, I still get the MemoryMaker and other PAP benefits.

Flights: Southwest - BWI <=> MCO

Transportation: Mears Connect <=> MCO

Park Reservation made, with hopping ‘options’ planned in.

Yeah, maybe that’s TMI, but that just shows how excited I am to return. LOL

The “Plan:”

Tuesday, January 18th:
    Park Reservation: MK

I will be flying out of Baltimore (BWI) early, with an expected arrival time just after 9am. Hopefully, it won’t take too long at Baggage Claim and a Mears Connect bus will be waiting for me. Once I arrive at ASMO, I will check my bags in to Baggage Claim as I do not expect my room to be ready that early, and wait for a bus to MK. I will spend the rest of the day in MK and do what I can, even if only to walk the park and soak up the atmosphere. No Genie+ on this day, mainly to get a feel for crowd level and ability to take in attractions without it.

My only real desire on this (long) day is to have a decent spot to catch the Beacon of Magic and Disney Enchantment shows.

Wednesday, January 19th:
    Park Reservation: DHS
    Planned ‘Hop To’ park: AK

If I can get up early enough, I hope to take advantage of the 30 minute ‘extra magic’ for resort guests. This might make it possible to get Batuu under my belt before crowds get too big. Looking forward to seeing Batuu for the first time and, hopefully, get Rise of the Resistance and Smugglers Run in.

Plans then call for me to hit Toy Story Land for the 3 attractions there. After that, continue clockwise around the park and drop in on the attractions as time and queues allow. I’m in no real hurry as I will be back here a few more times during my trip.

Since AK has hours until 7pm, I hope to ‘hop’ over there for the late afternoon/evening hours. Kind of bummed that Expedition Everest is scheduled to be down for my entire trip, but there is still plenty for me to see and do in the park before going to Pandora once the sun starts going down. Besides, I will be back here ‘bright and ugly’ tomorrow morning.

Thursday January 20th:
    “Happy 60th Birthday!!!”

Park Reservation: AK
    Planned ‘Hop To’ park: EPCOT
    Dining Reservation: Le Cellier 7:05pm

Since yesterday was an ‘early evening’ day, I should have plenty of rest before getting in on the ‘extra magic’ half hour at AK. I would like to start in Africa and get Kilimanjaro Safaris in while the animals are getting their breakfast. Then, take a walk to see the gorillas and maybe take a train ride over to Rafiki’s Planet Watch. I haven’t done that on my last few trips, so I’m about due. Once back from my train ride, I hope to be able to catch Festival of the Lion King before heading over to Asia.

Again, since EE is scheduled for maintenance, it may be just a quick trip through Asia and on to Dinoland USA for Dinosaur. This is going to depend greatly upon whether or not the updated Nemo show will be running. If it is, I will try to hit this first. By the time I return from the Cretaceous Period, it is back to the Oasis to ‘get small’ with all my friends in It’s Tough to be a Bug before heading over to EPCOT for the evening.

Once over at EPCOT, my plan is to see what the queues are like around Future World, or should I say – World Celebration, World Discovery, and World Nature? If anything is ‘walk on’ (under 30 minute wait time,) I’ll try it. Again, I’m in no great hurry to hit everything in one day, so I’ll get what I get and be happy.

My two big reasons for being at EPCOT this evening are: Birthday Dinner at Le Cellier and HarmoniUS! I have one other evening scheduled for EPCOT, so anything else I get in is a bonus for the day.

Friday, January 21st:

Park Reservation: MK
    Planned ‘Hop To’ park: DHS

For some reason, I just don’t ‘plan’ MK days, I just let the magic happen. Of course, I want to hit Jungle Cruise, Pirates, Haunted Mansion, Big Thunder, Space Mtn., etc., but we’ll see what happens….I am, however, hoping to catch at least one Cavalcade during the day.

Splash Mtn is typically down for the winter by this time, and who knows when it is going down for the PatF reimagining, so I don’t expect this will happen on this trip.

Hopping over to DHS for the evening and REALLY hoping (against hope) that Fantasmic! Is back. Even if it is not, I will enjoy the parts of the park I did not hit on my day visit earlier. Muppets 3D, Indy (if running again,) Star Tours, a stop at Baseline Taphouse are all in the ‘plan’ for this evening. If I have not hit Rock ‘N Rollercoaster and/or Tower of Terror, this might be the time for those. I still have a morning and evening planned for DHS, so we’ll see.

Saturday, January 22nd:
    Park Reservation: EPCOT
    Planned ‘Hop To’ park: MK

Just a personal note here….I really miss the earlier opening times for the front half of this park!

The 30 minute ‘early magic’ time might really come in handy here with the park opening at 10, rather than 9, especially on a weekend day. My thought is to head for The Land pavilion for Soarin’ and Living with the Land, then maybe a bite to eat. But, this might not be the best use of my time in that Test Track and Mission Space may get busy quickly and have relatively large wait times before I finish up. If I try for Mission Space, then Test Track before heading for Soarin’, I might be stuck in a long queue there. Or maybe just head to Norway for Frozen Ever After? Or France to try for Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure? I am SOOOO confused! LOL

Whatever I can hit in the ‘early magic’ time will be fine by me. After that, just wandering around and taking in what I can will be the order of the day.

The afternoon takes me back to MK for things that I had missed on my earlier visits. Maybe skip the shows and fireworks to ride some things after dark. This is just a great park to walk aimlessly around in the evening hours.

From here on in, I have hit all 4 parks for the mornings and for the evenings, so going back to each is more to catch anything I might have missed, or to hit my favorites all over again, so I won’t go into detail for planning…

Sunday, January 23rd:
    Park Reservation: DHS
    Planned ‘Hop To’ park: EP

Monday, January 24th:
    Park Reservation: AK
    Planned ‘Hop To’ park: DHS

Tuesday, January 25th:
    Departure Day
    Park Reservation: EPCOT

Since I don’t have a lot of time, and have to make sure I am all packed up and ready to head back home, I figured EPCOT would be a good ending. Give me time to get my things in order before the park opens, do a few things, then head back to ASMO to be picked up by the Mears Connect coach around 2:30pm.

Granted, this is an aggressive ‘plan,’ but it is just that, a ‘plan.’ We all know from experience that things at WDW rarely go as planned, so you’ll just have to check out my actual Trip Reports to see how I did. LOL

Thanks for your patience in reading all of this and I welcome any thoughts on what I could do differently or make better use of my time.
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Just an 'add on'....I had a few 'celebration' buttons made up and I intend to give out 'Thank You' cards to CMs while I am there. Photos are attached...if allowed. Sorry for the poor focus...Never good with close-ups! LOL

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...20000..&type=3

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...20000..&type=3
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Post Thanks / Like

So excited for you! It sounds like a great trip (and I love how much you plan ... I'm the same of course!)
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

5. Thanks PopPhan thanked for this post
    Likes PopPhan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hope you have a wonderful trip!!

I don't think the safari is open as part of the morning extra 1/2 hour - I believe that attraction opens with the start of the "official" park opening for all guests.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

7. Thanks PopPhan thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

A great trip you have planned.
    Next Up:

Summer 2018... WE ARE BACK!!!
    2 families
    4 teenagers and Larry
    Taking on the parks!

9. Thanks PopPhan thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Just came to see how close it was to your trip. Have a great bday celebration!
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

11. Likes PopPhan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cinderelley View Post
    Just came to see how close it was to your trip. Have a great bday celebration!
    As of this moment (12:33pm) I will (should?) be walking around the Magic Kingdom on my first day!! LOL Getting anxious now!

Thanks for the bday wishes!

I am taking my laptop with me so that I can do my daily reports before I go to bed each night....We'll see how that works out! LOL
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: