Quantcast Barksy's Barktacular Return Day 10

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Barksy's Barktacular Return Day 10

I woke up bright and early to take pictures around All Star Movies. It was really great to notice all of the details that Disney had put into this resort, down to imprints of the theming in the concrete sidewalks such as different mechanical tools in the Love Bug section, dog bones in the Dalmatian section, etc. Disney magic was very apparent here. Cast members said good morning as I wandered the grounds taking pictures. As I went to the main building to get breakfast, 6 or 8 cast members were lined up on the walkway outside of the door welcoming people to Disney. Some of them were even waving the giant mickey hands. I ordered our breakfast and browsed the gift shop. I found a Raya dragon in there. It was perfect for my granddaughter. I had been sweating it, as this was our last day here, and I hadn't found anything for her yet.
    I picked up breakfast, and it was in cardboard boxes. I wasn't sure how well that would work with the syrup I would be pouring on my mickey waffles, but it had to have been lined with something. The syrup didn't leak through at all.
    I woke Aaron up with breakfast. We got ready, packed, and had bell services come and pick up our bags to store while we went to Hollywood Studios. I really wasn't excited about it, but he had a reservation to build a droid for his roommate.

Our first stop at Hollywood Studios was to get a return time for Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railroad. I had told him we had time for one ride, and that was the one he picked. Then I got him safely to his reservation and decided to go check out the Rock N Roller coaster gift shop. I can't ride that ride, but I have become very familiar with the gift shop while waiting for others to ride it. They usually have great stuff in there. There wasn't much in there this time.
    The last thing to do on my to do list was buy some bubble makers for the children of some of my coworkers. These coworkers have been working extra hard to help me get us back into compliance with some legal stuff. First, I was very thirsty and needed a drink. I stopped to get some water at the little fruit stand on Sunset Boulevard. I noticed that they had the bubble makers there. I needed 5. There were 5. It was perfect. I had forgotten about the 2 of the same item limit when I grabbed all 5 of them.
    This cast member was very nice when he told me I could only get 2 of them. I put 3 of them back while he rang up my purchases. Then he said "just grab the other 3 also," so I went back and got them. We chatted while he did whatever override he needed to do for me to buy all of them. He normally works at an office job, but they had pulled him out to help out with so many people being there. He said he was enjoying being outside instead of in the office. I thought it was good that the suits had to do the regular cast members' jobs. I firmly believe that all management should regularly have to remember what it is like for the little guy.
    Aaron texted and said he was done. After I found him, we went for a train ride and then headed back to All Star Movies for our final Magical Express ride. They played the same video with the giant spider in Goofy's house. This time around I knew not to look.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

2. Thanks faline, Jeff, ibelieveindisneymagic thanked for this post
    Likes PopPhan liked this post
  3.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Glad you finally found the items you wanted!! Several months ago, before it became nightly news, a cast member had told me that they had been having trouble keeping/getting items in stock with supply line issues and shortages - that might also play into the lack of items you note.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: