Quantcast Barksy's Barktacular Return Day 9

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Barksy's Barktacular Return Day 9

Today was supposed to be spent at Animal Kingdom. I was still pretty disillusioned with Disney and didn't want to spend the day there. However, I knew that Aaron's favorite ride is Flight of Passage, and I do like the way Pandora looks at night. Disney had extended the park hours, so it would now be open after dark. My compromise was to spend a couple of hours in the evening enjoying Pandora. We also switched from the time share to All Star Movies.
    We got to All Star Movies around 11:30 and decided to eat lunch there. You could go into the restaurant, but you still had to order using the app. Lunch was pretty tasty, and I noticed that they had mickey waffles for breakfast in the morning. I know a lot of people don't enjoy the All Star resorts, but I do. I love the larger than life stuff that really says Disney to me. This was Aaron's first time at a value resort, and he loved the theming also. We were in the Mighty Ducks section, which he thought was great. He's a big sports and movie fan. I'm not a fan of the renovated rooms though, because I feel it took a lot of the Disney character out of them. They seem sterile now.
    We relaxed during the afternoon, and then headed to Animal Kingdom. This was the second best park time of the trip. We were going to get our picture taken in front of the Tree of Life, but the line was too long and chaotic. It was hard to figure out where it even started, so we just headed straight to Pandora. We got a return time for Flight of Passage and then wandered around looking at how pretty everything is. We got a picture in front of the waterfall which I probably like better than if I had gotten the one in front of the Tree of Life. We did some last minute shopping on our way out and ran across some people who were wearing light up Raya hats. I asked where they got them, and they told me the only place to get them was back near Expedition Everest. Although my granddaughter would have loved that hat, I didn't have enough time to walk that far away before the park closed. I don't understand Disney's new way of only putting certain merchandise in one store, and I didn't see a whole lot of stuff that really interested me. I must admit it probably saved me a lot of money that I would have spent on souvenirs though.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

2. Thanks faline, Jeff thanked for this post
    Likes PopPhan liked this post
  3.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quite a relaxed day. Glad you got to enjoy the sights at Animal Kingdom in the evening.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you're finding ways to enjoy your trip, even if it is different. I LOVE AK at night, so very pretty, I wish it was open later more often.
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: