Quantcast Barksy's Barktacular Return Day 8

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Barksy's Barktacular Return Day 8

Disney Springs Day - I was still looking for something Raya related for my 5 year old granddaughter. I was really surprised at the lack of merchandise I could find for her. I thought we would find something at World of Disney. What we found was tons of people and Disney tech not working once again. Theoretically, you could select your items and pay with your phone instead of standing in line for the registers. It was a great idea. Yeah, it wasn't working. They do have a whole pet section now though.
    We left World of Disney and headed to D-tech On Demand. I got a Sleeping Beauty case for my cell phone.
    After that, we headed to the Christmas store. It's a tradition for me to buy a personalized Christmas ornament for the grandkids' first Christmases. I wasn't able to get one for my grandson last year, so I needed one for him and one for my new granddaughter. Usually there is a large selection of mickey head shaped ornaments in different colors that could be personalized. This year, there was only blue and rose gold. It worked, because I only needed 2.
    We browsed the art store and the origami stores and then headed back to the timeshare. We had a dinner reservation at Toledo that we needed to get ready for.
    There was another hiccup with our dining reservation, but the cast members came through once again. We went out on the balcony while waiting to be called. I'm not a fan of heights, but it was fun to be able to see the parks from there.
    The restaurant itself was pretty. The lighting above you changes colors. We were sitting pretty close to other tables, so if you are a stickler about social distancing, I wouldn't try this restaurant for a while.
    The food was good. We had the rioja-braised chorizo for an appetizer. He had the rioja-braised chicken, and I had the filet of beef. My favorite part was the olive oil potato puree. The waiter brought out a surprise birthday dessert made of chocolate. It was delicious.
    We took some pictures in the Gran Destino lobby before heading home. One thing to note if you are going to stay at Coronado Springs - if you walk into the entrance of the tower from the parking lot, you will not be able to see the check in desks, which was why we couldn't find anyone to help us when we had first arrived to Coronado Springs at the beginning of the trip. The desks are tucked behind the entrance wall, so you have to walk all the way past the walls, and then turn and look around and behind the walls. I know that isn't a very good description, but I'm not sure how else to describe it. Basically, walk into the entrance and keep walking until you can't walk any more. Then turn around and look behind you and to the side.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

2. Thanks ibelieveindisneymagic thanked for this post
  3.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

What a yummy dinner!! Glad you were able to get the ornaments you wanted - even if supply was limited!!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you got the ornaments, our personalized Disney ornaments are some of my favourites.
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: