Quantcast Barksy's Barktacular Return Day 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Barksy's Barktacular Return Day 3

Hollywood Studios Day

We woke up and arranged to have our luggage stored while we went to the park today. We were transferring to an offsite timeshare for a week. After a quick breakfast at the Coronado Springs food court, we were off to Hollywood Studios.

Aaron figured out a way to tuck the strings on my mask, so that no one complained. This made the day soooo much better.

First stop, we got a return time for Mickey's Runaway Railway. Then we spent some time shopping in the stores until it was our turn. I knew this was going to be a huge shopping day, because DS1 is a huge Star Wars fan. Aaron is a huge Marvel fan. We spent most of our time in the shops, which wasn't bad considering how hot and humid it was outside.

Mickey's Runaway Railway was nice. I'm not a fan of the new way they are drawing the classic characters. Right away, I felt like Goofy was a zombie. I couldn't put my finger on it, until I showed the ride to DS2. He commented on how Goofy's eyes were yellow. So, now Goofy looks like an alcoholic zombie to me. :P And then Mickey's nose would move so that it was on the opposite side of his far eye. For people who know what a halibut looks like, that is what it reminded me of. For those of you who haven't seen a halibut, a halibut lives on the ocean floor. Both of its eyes have migrated to one side of it's head. It looks weird. It has weirded me out since I learned about it more than 10 years ago. If you like eating halibut though, Mickey may not creep you out like he did to me. :P I don't want to say too much and ruin the ride for anyone who hasn't seen it. I did like the conga part the best though.

After we safely returned from our train ride, we headed to Galaxy's Edge. We piloted the Millennium Falcon and then ate at Backlot Express while waiting for our transport to Bakura. We made a small detour with Star Tours, and I was the rebel spy. That was pretty cool, since I have been going there since 2005 without ever being the spy. We also stopped at the Photopass spot right outside of Star Tours. The photographer was setting us up for a picture in front of the ATAT when I asked him if I could make it look like I was pushing Aaron over. He told me to stand in front of Aaron and put my hand on his chest like I was pushing off of him to run faster. It was a fun picture. He was a great photopass photographer.

After we were saved from Kyle Ren and bought plenty of supplies to ship to the resistance fighters back home, we headed over to Toy Story Land. We ran into the same photopass photographer from Star Tours doing pictures near TSMM and got a few more fun pictures. Toy Story Midway Mania was a walk on, so of course we tried out some of Andy's toys. Then we rode Slinky Dog and sang along with Wheezy.

We decided to call it a day, collected our luggage and headed to our timeshare.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

2. Thanks Jeff thanked for this post
    Likes PopPhan liked this post
  3.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Glad you had such a lovely day!!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

I'm glad you had a fun day and I'm with you about the 'new' style of drawing the classic characters!
    Diane
    ~•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•~
    When your heart is in your dream, no request is too extreme.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a pretty decent day.

Post Thanks / Like

What times were your "walk ons" to attractions?
    (46) CB -91,95,08,13 (2)
    Poly-93, 01 Port Orl FQ - 97,98, 09, 10 Riverside 01,09, 18 Coronado -99,08
    BC - 01,03,05,06,07
    Dland 03 AK - 06 Pop-14,18 All Star 14,17,18,23
    Christmas at WL 06,07
    SS - 07,10 WL - 06, 07,10 Epcot 08,21
    GF 11 YC 12, 16, 18, 19, 23 DS 21, offsite 14
    Dolphin 21

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: