I haven't posted in FOREVER, but I'm just a little over 100 days out from my next trip (8 days AoA) and I'm beside myself with excitement!

Three years ago I lost my husband to cancer. My DD was only 2.5 at the time. Since then we have done a lot of grieving and getting back on our feet. Between all that and, you know, living through a pandemic, I feel like our little family has been put through the wringer these past few years. This will be our first trip ever without any other family members or friends and I am so excited!

My daughter doesn't know we're going yet. It's going to be her Christmas present from me. I just think her 5yo head is going to explode and I can't wait for it! I've worked so hard to rebuild our lives and, while the grief is never ending, this trip feels like a real celebration of all we've been able to accomplish as a family of two since losing our rock.

Anyway, no questions. Just beyond excited and I needed to share with someone who would appreciate it so I don't ruin the surprise for my daughter before Christmas!