Quantcast Barksy's Barktacular Return Day 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Barksy's Barktacular Return Day 2

We got up and headed to Epcot. There was a bus stop right outside of our room. It was great.

When we arrived, there was only a 5 minute wait for Spaceship Earth, so we hopped on. We made petroglyphs on cave walls, watched Rome burn, learned how home computers were invented and watched a video which didn't have our pictures in it. After returning to our time, we headed to guest relations to activate my DAS.

Some quick background information which becomes relevant at this point, I have nerve and muscle damage which I get multiple injections for every three months. I work as a nurse, and my job makes accommodations for how I have to wear my mask when caring for patients due to this (and at the risk of jinxing myself, I haven't had covid while caring for patients throughout the whole pandemic even when I worked in a strictly covid unit.) I was wearing my mask exactly the way I wear it when I work. The cast member at the desk told me that I could not wear my mask that way. I told her that I had to due to a disability. She stated that it didn't matter. I told her that I could give her a doctor's note stating such. She stated that didn't matter either. If you have lung issues or any other problems where you cannot wear a mask, I wouldn't suggest going to Disney World.

After leaving guest relations, we headed over to Soarin'. By the time we arrived, I had a raging migraine from having to wear the mask the way the cast member demanded I wear it. We went on Soarin', but it just wasn't the same without the smells which couldn't make it through the mask I was wearing. On a related note, Aaron had bought a mask at the Disney store in the airport (Black Panther), and he couldn't smell the scents either. I was rather impressed that Disney's mask was that good. When we got off of Soarin', I was getting sick to my stomach from the migraine. We sat at Sunshine Seasons where we could take our masks off. Aaron ate some food, and I took some anti nausea medication. After I started feeling a little better, I ate an Uncrustable. We decided to spend the rest of the day outdoors.

We wandered down to Space 220 to check out the line. It wasn't horrendously long, but it moved very slowly. The menu didn't interest me enough to wait, so we headed over to the Food & Wine Festival. We went right, mostly because I wanted to get the filet mignon from Canada and the apple tart from the Appleseed Orchard.

It may have been because I wasn't feeling well, but I didn't really enjoy the food at the festival this year. The filet mignon was delicious, but that was about it. We made it to France where I had really been looking forward to trying the Strawberry Rose Mimosa. As we sat there by the fountain, a cast member came up and noticed my birthday pin. She talked to us for a few minutes and then asked if we would like to go on the Remy's Ratatouille Adventure Ride which didn't open for another couple of days. Aaron was too excited to for me to say no, so she took us back to the ride. I glanced at the Ratatouille merchandise as we were walking. There was a cute little chef's hat that lit up with Remy inside of it.

The ride was cute. It felt like Rise of the Resistance and Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway with just a different theme.

By the end, I was completely done. I felt so miserable, that I decided to ride the Skyliner instead of walk all the way back to the front of the park, which is saying a lot. I am terrified of heights. I was pretty convinced we were going to drop out of the sky in the Skyliner vehicle and die. We didn't though. We got off at the Riviera resort and took a Lyft back. I don't even remember what time we went to bed.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Even though you didn't have the best day, you did get the perk of getting on Remy's ride before it opened. Hope you were able to rest up and feel better.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

I'm so sorry you had a difficult day. I hope you wake up refreshed.
    Diane
    ~•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•~
    When your heart is in your dream, no request is too extreme.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: