Quantcast Barksy's Barktacular Return Day 1

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Barksy's Barktacular Return Day 1

I danced out of work at about 4 am and headed home to shower and do last minute packing. Our flight was scheduled to fly out at 8:45 am. My daughter drove us to the airport and boarding went smoothly. We had a layover in Dallas. We ate breakfast and then boarding went smoothly again. I slept most of the way to Orlando.

We took our first monorail ride at the airport, picked up our luggage and trekked all the way across the airport to the Magical Express check in. They aren't using the desk anymore. I was rather sad that there wasn't anyone waving with a giant Mickey hand. We just stood there waiting to be seen at a little kiosk. Finally it was our turn to check in. After a little wait in another line, we got to board the Magical Express. I wanted to stay on Disney property for a couple of days to try a new property and take one last trip on the Magical Express. It wasn't nearly as Magical as I remembered it. The video they showed didn't pump any excitement into me. In fact, it had a giant spider in it, so I wasn't a fan.

We arrived at Coronado Springs pretty quickly. We were dumped at the end of a long sidewalk that jetted out into the parking lot. No cast members were around to greet us or offer directions. I pulled up the map of the resort on the app, found our room number and we started the long trek to our room on the other side of the resort.

After getting most of the way to our room, we got lost. Fortunately, a cast member finally appeared. He tried to give us directions to our room, but I was still confused. He got back into his little truck and started leaving. A second cast member appeared and took the time to walk us to our room. He gave us time to put our luggage in our room, and then he graciously drove us back to the food court to have dinner. He was very pleasant and talked about how he had worked for the airlines and now works for Disney. I wish I had gotten his name, but I was just too tired to think of those things at the time.

The food court was essentially shut down. There was hot food set out under heating lamps that you could pick up. If there was an offering on the board that didn't have any more servings under the heating lamps, you could ask a cast member to make it for you. I got the chicken sandwich. It wasn't very good, but it was food to fill my belly.

After eating, we wandered through the gift shop for a few minutes and then headed back to our room. It wasn't long before I was asleep.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Doesn't sound like the most magical beginning to your trip. Hope things improve for you!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Looking forward to hearing more...
    John - aka. The Master Control Program
    Owner, Chairman & Chief Imagination Officer - INTERCOT

Post Thanks / Like

Not the beginning of a” Magical “ vacation so far. Hopefully, it picks up!!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for posting a trip report. The magic was a little tarnished when I was there in July and I am hoping things have changed. It looks like you had a rough start.
    Diane
    ~•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•~
    When your heart is in your dream, no request is too extreme.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: