Quantcast Ridiculous Wait Times

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ridiculous Wait Times

Just curious if anyone on here has actually survived the 2+ hour wait times and been able to speak with a cast member about dining reservations? I have stayed on for 2+, 3+, and this morning dialed in at the stroke of 7 to hear the dreaded "the wait is over two hours" recording. Am I missing something?
    "You should never take more than you give."
    The Circle of Life

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ddcrna View Post
    Just curious if anyone on here has actually survived the 2+ hour wait times and been able to speak with a cast member about dining reservations? I have stayed on for 2+, 3+, and this morning dialed in at the stroke of 7 to hear the dreaded "the wait is over two hours" recording. Am I missing something?
    Nope. You are not missing anything. We had to sit on the phone for almost 3 hours during our trip two weeks ago. We just hung up after the 3 hour mark.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

insanity.
    John - aka. The Master Control Program
    Owner, Chairman & Chief Imagination Officer - INTERCOT

Post Thanks / Like

That is insane. I would just move on to planning a trip elsewhere. I just simply do not have near enough patience for any of that. I have about a 15 to 20 minute tolerance for being on hold on the phone and then I am out. Plus the fact that I am busy and simply do not have the time.

That reminds me of a funny story that is related although it isn't concerning Disney. A number of years ago I had Dish Network for TV. I wanted to cancel my service to change to our cable provider because they had switched to fiber tv and had much better pricing. So as it turns out with Dish Network you could basically do anything you wanted to do online in your account such as upgrade or change extra packages and all that but you cannot cancel your service. They want you to call in so they can keep you on the phone and try to talk you out of cancelling. Well the problem with that is they are well known for long wait times because they get so many calls like this. I tried to call and waited for 15 minutes and hung up. I tried calling that evening and same thing. I tried calling really early the next morning and same thing. So finally I was like okay, how do I solve this problem. I decided to not pay the bill that month. It went a few weeks and finally they started trying to call me. LOL They left voicemails a few times and they finally caught me at home and I answered the phone. I told them what I had done and I had intentionally done it so they would call me and have to chase me down and I told them I no longer wanted their service and refused to pay the past months bill. I told my brother about it and when he wanted to cancel DirecTV a year or two later he did the same thing.

6. Likes ibelieveindisneymagic, Jeff liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm wondering if I'm missing something. Why are people calling in for dining reservations? We always just do it online. Or, is it for the new restaurant where I think I did see that you have to call for reservations?
    Susanne

Post Thanks / Like

Yikes! Nothing is worth staying on hold that long. Is there a reason not to make reservations online?
    Diane
    ~•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•~
    When your heart is in your dream, no request is too extreme.

Post Thanks / Like

I was so sick of sitting on hold and not being able to get online reservations that I rented a car for our upcoming December trip. I’ll pay for parking and pay the 225 for the week rather than waste my time on the phone. I’ll save some by driving offsite for our Anniversary dinner and we may decide to see some other local sites in the Orlando area.

10. Likes Jeff liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

In the book "Keys to the Kingdom: Seven Secrets to Disney's Success," the Disney Cast member/instructor asks, "Who is Disney's competition?"
    Most answer with the obvious: other theme parks, zoos, cinemas, etc.

"Ok. What about Sears?"
    "How is Sears your competition," one asks?

"Ever call Sears Customer Service? Ever call ours? Ever compare the two? The truth is: our competition is anyone with whom we are compared!"

They have fallen so far off the mark I don't even recognize my once beloved company!!!
    WDW - 99 Off Site
    WDW - 00 C.Springs, Wilderness
    WDW - 01 POFQ, Boardwalk
    WDW - 02 C.Beach, POFQ, AK Lodge
    WDW - 04 Riverside
    WDW - 05 C.Springs
    WDW - 07 Riverside
    WDW - 11 C.Beach
    WDW - 12 POFQ
    WDW - 14 Riverside
    WDW - 15 POFQ
    WDW - 19 Wilderness