Quantcast Every Other Day

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: Every Other Day

Post Thanks / Like

Default Every Other Day

I just made my reservations and park reservations and was doing my early check-in requests. I see they only make up the rooms every other day?!?! (I had to request that!!!) Moreover, it is only a lite clean!!! I'm going to assume this is a COVID protocol. I'm having a hard time following the logic. How would leaving our room dirty protect people from COVID?? Or maybe it is to protect the staff from us? But it is an airborne disease so I'm struggling here.

Seems like just cheapening the trip to me. To me, and I could be wrong here, but it feels like Chapek said, "Let's use COVID to save some money!" If I wanted to make my own bed and clean my own bathroom, I would just stay home!!!

Just ranting.
    WDW - 99 Off Site
    WDW - 00 C.Springs, Wilderness
    WDW - 01 POFQ, Boardwalk
    WDW - 02 C.Beach, POFQ, AK Lodge
    WDW - 04 Riverside
    WDW - 05 C.Springs
    WDW - 07 Riverside
    WDW - 11 C.Beach
    WDW - 12 POFQ
    WDW - 14 Riverside
    WDW - 15 POFQ
    WDW - 19 Wilderness
    WDW - 20 C.Beach

2. Likes PopPhan, baldburke liked this post
  3.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrPeetrie View Post
    To me, and I could be wrong here, but it feels like Chapek said, "Let's use COVID to save some money!"
    Increasing prices and decreasing costs to grow the bottom line...you're not wrong here!
    Beth & David

09/82 Treehouse Villas, 06/86 BVP, 10/95 CBR, 10/99 DI, 08/03 PORS, 10/05 POP, 11/06 AKL, 09/09 POLY, 10/10 Wonder, 05/11 Dream/PORS, 08/13 POLY, 11/13 GF, 04/15 POLY, 11/15 BLT, 11/16 Aulani, 03/17 BLT, 08/18 BLT, 07/19 AKL, 06/21 BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Unfortunately, this started well before CoVID. On my last visit, in 2018, there was an 'option' to have MouseKeeping skip your room for a day, or more. At that time, however, they were offering a 'payback' for not using MouseKeeping.
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know all the reasons for this but one of them is staffing issues. They have been unable to get enough housekeepers even with financial incentives

Post Thanks / Like

Didn't bother us at all on our trip back in May. I'm alright with them not coming in every day.
    Steve (aka brownie)
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations & Mousellaneous
    ASMv 4/00, 10/01, 11/03, 5/21
    ASMu 8/12, 11-12/22
    AKL 6/18
    BC 9/94
    CSR 8/14, 3-4/22
    POP 11-12/10, 3/12, 10/12, 7/17, 4/22
    POFQ 10/01
    POR 9/04, 1/16, 11/19
    WL 12/03
    Disneyland 6/07, 1/15
    Disney Dream 8/14

8. Likes PopPhan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Not a fan of this - I like a made up room every day. It's part of what I'm paying for - and I like to leave in the morning and have it magically cleaned up when I get back later in the day.
    John - aka. The Master Control Program
    Owner, Chairman & Chief Imagination Officer - INTERCOT

10. Likes PopPhan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It is just corporate cost cutting. They are using Covid as an excuse but it was coming anyway and don't expect them to go back to cleaning the rooms every day. Most all hotel chains have done this too and it is super irritating to have to ask for towels every time you need some rather than them just coming in during the day and doing it while you are gone.

I have been dissatisfied with the level of service and all the cost cutting at WDW over the past 8 or so years but they have finally about crossed the line. It is starting to look like the people aren't coming back as much anymore. I got a room discount pin for the week leading up to Christmas day and I have never gotten one for that time period before. I got online and entered the pin code and looked at the available rooms but kind of laughed at the pricing. WITH the pin code the room rates were about where I would expect FULL price to be. No thanks, I closed the window out and moved on with my day.

Post Thanks / Like

We recently stayed 4 nights and I think housekeeping came in once. It wasn't a huge deal to us that they didn't come in every day, but it did create some logistical issues. The trash and recycle bins are tiny. We regularly had to either carry stuff to a nearby trash can or put the full bags outside our door. And, if we needed something, we often realized it in the evening after a long park day. It's hard to assess stuff when you're trying to get out the door in the morning. If there were an option in the new app to contact housekeeping to say we need more towels, or would like our room cleaned that day, that would be one solution. Although, again, the logistics falls on the guest rather than the resort.
    Susanne

Post Thanks / Like

More than half the people do not want anyone in their room during their stay, the other half wants daily cleaning/restocking/etc. If I didn't want anyone in the room, I would leave the Do Not Disturb sign on the door and, if they felt so inclined, there would be a bag of towels/toiletries/etc. hanging on the door when I got back. If I needed anything else/more, all I had to do was call down (or go down) to the front desk, and it would not take long before I got what I asked for.

You don't need an (the) app to order MouseKeeping, there is a phone in your room, or you can stop by the Concierge desk on your way out for the day.
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

Post Thanks / Like

A couple of years ago, they were talking about how they were going to enter rooms at least every few days as a safety precaution. After that mass shooting in Las Vegas where they guy was there for days and requested no room cleaning and had the do not disturb tag on the door so he could amass an arsenal in the room before the concert. Now all of the sudden it is like everyone including Disney has completely forgotten about that and jumped at the chance to cut costs by not entering and cleaning rooms at all during your stay. Just for safety reasons like this I think they should at least do housekeeping on the rooms at least every two or three days whether someone really wants it or not.

15. Likes PopPhan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

No logic to it that I can see other than cutting costs/not enough staff.

When we were at Coronado Springs, Mousekeeping came in.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

17. Likes PopPhan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PopPhan View Post
    More than half the people do not want anyone in their room during their stay, the other half wants daily cleaning/restocking/etc. If I didn't want anyone in the room, I would leave the Do Not Disturb sign on the door and, if they felt so inclined, there would be a bag of towels/toiletries/etc. hanging on the door when I got back. If I needed anything else/more, all I had to do was call down (or go down) to the front desk, and it would not take long before I got what I asked for.

You don't need an (the) app to order MouseKeeping, there is a phone in your room, or you can stop by the Concierge desk on your way out for the day.
    I only suggested the app because, for us at least, in our focus to get all of us out the door in the morning, I could get halfway through our day before I remembered - "Oh, shoot. I meant to call housekeeping this morning." Or, meant to stop by the front desk. Being able to do it through the app could be a convenience for those of us who want to do it when we forget to call or don't want to take the time to stop by the front desk.
    Susanne

19. Likes PopPhan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PopPhan View Post
    Unfortunately, this started well before CoVID. On my last visit, in 2018, there was an 'option' to have MouseKeeping skip your room for a day, or more. At that time, however, they were offering a 'payback' for not using MouseKeeping.
    Yeah, I think even before that, it started as a "Help Us Save Water!" appeal, and it applied just to towels and sheets. (And to be fair, it was a huge water savings, I'm sure, to not have to wash towels that didn't actually need to be washed.)

But not making the bed and not emptying the trash? Not sure that helps the environment... pretty sure that's just a cost-cutting measure.

Post Thanks / Like

"If I needed anything else/more, all I had to do was call down (or go down) to the front desk, and it would not take long before I got what I asked for."

Good luck with that! We had problems in July at the Polynesian not only with getting Mousekeeping supplies, but also with getting someone to answer the phone! I'm not happy with less Mousekeeping. For the price we are paying for rooms, it should be cleaned for us every day. I would be less unhappy if the trash was at least emptied and a new bag put in and we were given new towels every couple of days.
    Diane
    ~•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•~
    When your heart is in your dream, no request is too extreme.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: