Quantcast November trip

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: November trip

Post Thanks / Like

Default November trip

After a long hiatus, DH and I are finally returning to DW. I am definitely way more excited for this trip then he is so I’m trying to make it as smooth as possible. Since we haven’t been there in so long, I’m basically a rookie in planning.

I’m figuring out that things are very different since our last trip. I understand that ME no longer handles the bags so if I understand correctly, at the airport, we pick up our bags and take them to ME. Also, no more fast passes. AND last but definitely not least, I have to “reserve” our spot in the park each day. How does park hopping work?

Am I missing anything? Any other big planning obstacles that I haven’t figured out yet?

Thank you!
    Amy

10/14 French Quarter
    5/12 Coronado Springs
    5/10 Animal Kingdom Lodge
    12/08All Star Sports
    5/07 All Star Sports
    5/06 Pop Century
    1/05 All Star Movies
    2/03 All Star Sports
    3 times before this millenium!!
    Next up: 9/16 Caribbean Beach!!!!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

If you have park hopper tickets, you may "hop" after 2:00 pm each day.

4. Thanks Mom to a Princess and a Prince thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Correct that DME service no longer has the BAGS, Inc. portion, so you will need to get your own bags and take them to the bus. (Luckily, you are arriving before the DME goes away altogether as of Jan. 1, 2022)

FP/FP+ has gone away, but there is a new service - Genie+ that allows you the same service as the original FP service did....but at a cost of $15/person/day. With Genie+ you can get a Lightning Lane slot (just like the original FP.) You get one at a time, but can book your next one as soon as you use your current one. These are all "day of" selections. There will also be an Individual Attraction Selection that can be used twice per day s a 'pay to ride' option. This will be available for the most popular attractions (Think Flight of Passage, rise of the Resistance, etc.) Prices per attraction have not been released yet.

Disney is continuing the 'park reservation' system into the foreseeable future. You will need to reserve your daily 'primary' park ASAP. If you have a 'hopper' ticket, you can hop to any of the remaining parks, after 2pm, without a reservation. You MUST, however, have entered your 'primary' park on that day.

For meals, Mobile Order is becoming the rule. Use the MDE app to order ahead of time and pick up when you arrive (give or take 15 minutes...LOL) Basically, you put in your order, tell them when you have arrived and wait until they let you know your order is ready. Some, if not most, table service restaurants are back on the ADR list, so you can book them 60 days prior to arrival.

Maybe a bit more planning - before you arrive and daily - but you can make it as painful or enjoyable as you want. It's up to you.

Enjoy your trip!
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

6. Dislikes Mom to a Princess and a Prince disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

This is such great information!! Thank you so much for taking the time!
    Amy

10/14 French Quarter
    5/12 Coronado Springs
    5/10 Animal Kingdom Lodge
    12/08All Star Sports
    5/07 All Star Sports
    5/06 Pop Century
    1/05 All Star Movies
    2/03 All Star Sports
    3 times before this millenium!!
    Next up: 9/16 Caribbean Beach!!!!

Share This Thread On Social Media: