Quantcast Magic is gone - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Magic is gone

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    It's not perfect, but I will tell you that for me I get just as much satisfaction from wandering around World Showcase at night and soaking in the atmosphere as I always did. For me, that's the magic.
    Ditto. It's the being there that makes it magical.
    Steve (aka brownie)
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations & Mousellaneous
    ASMv 4/00, 10/01, 11/03, 5/21
    ASMu 8/12, 11-12/22
    AKL 6/18
    BC 9/94
    CSR 8/14, 3-4/22
    POP 11-12/10, 3/12, 10/12, 7/17, 4/22
    POFQ 10/01
    POR 9/04, 1/16, 11/19
    WL 12/03
    Disneyland 6/07, 1/15
    Disney Dream 8/14

2. Likes PopPhan liked this post
  3.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I've been to Disney World twice during the 'Covid' period and have another trip planned for January. I went with a girlfriend for a day in September 2020. That was a great trip. I'm no fan of wearing a mask, who is, but despite that it was great. There were no lines, no waits, we could easily make a reservation at Be Our Guest only a few weeks out. The number of castmembers was adequate for the number of guests.

The 2nd trip was from July 24 to August 1 with my son, DIL, 6 & 3 year old granddaughters and 1 year old grandson. We stayed the 1st night at Caribbean Beach. Although we were supposed to be able to check in at 3, when we arrived at 4 we were told our room wasn't ready. We hung around for over an hour, trying to be patient. I finally went up to Guest Services again and asked if our room REALLY still wasn't ready. I'm always polite, but it was probably apparent that I was frustrated. The CM said she would check, she got on the phone and didn't speak to me for the next 15 minutes. I finally asked he if she was on hold. She told me she was and that I could take a seat and she'd come get me when she knew something. Next I was told our night there would be free. We were moving to the Polynesian the next day. That was a rough start, but ended okay. The rest of the trip was delightful because of the little kids but it was crowded, with untrained CMs, not enough CMs, long lines, long waits (15 mins to be handed a paper cup to fill my own soda) and with a seriously overflowing trash can thrown in.

Despite all of that, I still have hope for the next trip to be magical in January with my other son and his 4 year old daughter. It won't be as hot, there are more CMs and hopefully they are better trained. The magic isn't gone, it was just tarnished. I'm hoping it has gotten polished back up a bit!
    Diane
    ~•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•~
    When your heart is in your dream, no request is too extreme.

5. Likes PopPhan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Default lost magic

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    I wouldn't say the magic is gone. We live just a few minutes from the parks and visit a few times a week. Look is it what it once was? No not right now it isn't and no I'm not a fan of the My Disney Experience app either, but the fact is that this is the future of the theme park experience. Gen Z expects everything to be tech enabled and all theme parks have an app now. Maybe not one that you have to rely on quite as much as you do MDE, but that aspect is here to stay.

It's not perfect, but I will tell you that for me I get just as much satisfaction from wandering around World Showcase at night and soaking in the atmosphere as I always did. For me, that's the magic.

Well, for me, the magic was lost when Disney, Inc. decided they would kowtow to the hard left and ignore the vast majority of us who don't support the Leftist agenda they seem to be adopting. Sad to think I will never be able to stand at the end of Sunset Boulevard and admire my favorite spot in all of WDW. But, so be it. I have principles and I will honor them. When Disney falls on hard times and realizes where their bread is buttered and come to their senses, I MAY reconsider.
    Ernie

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mymickeymouse View Post
    Well, for me, the magic was lost when Disney, Inc. decided they would kowtow to the hard left and ignore the vast majority of us who don't support the Leftist agenda they seem to be adopting. Sad to think I will never be able to stand at the end of Sunset Boulevard and admire my favorite spot in all of WDW. But, so be it. I have principles and I will honor them. When Disney falls on hard times and realizes where their bread is buttered and come to their senses, I MAY reconsider.
    Here, here...

Post Thanks / Like

I have a different take on that. That isn't what led to me feeling like the parks were losing the magic. The corporate mentality of squeezing every last penny they can out of everything and cutting services and guest experiences did that for me. Their political agenda pushing irritates me and has actually turned me against them. They need to understand they are just an entertainment company and need to stay focused on entertaining. The executives can keep their political stance and other beliefs and desires to themselves because I really don't care what their position is or what they want.

9. Likes RunDMV liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1DisneyNut View Post
    I have a different take on that. That isn't what led to me feeling like the parks were losing the magic. The corporate mentality of squeezing every last penny they can out of everything and cutting services and guest experiences did that for me. Their political agenda pushing irritates me and has actually turned me against them. They need to understand they are just an entertainment company and need to stay focused on entertaining. The executives can keep their political stance and other beliefs and desires to themselves because I really don't care what their position is or what they want.
    Considering how evenly divided this country is….I’m looking forward to lighter crowds at what has always been a welcoming and inclusive WDW. Lest we forget gay days has been happening there for over two decades. Wait….can I say gay days if I’m typing this in Florida?

Cheers.
    Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa ha ha whoeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!

11. Thanks BriarRose0708 thanked for this post
    Likes PopPhan, BriarRose0708 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by goofyskier View Post
    Considering how evenly divided this country is….I’m looking forward to lighter crowds at what has always been a welcoming and inclusive WDW. Lest we forget gay days has been happening there for over two decades. Wait….can I say gay days if I’m typing this in Florida?

Cheers.
    Oh, the irony.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1DisneyNut View Post
    I have a different take on that. That isn't what led to me feeling like the parks were losing the magic. The corporate mentality of squeezing every last penny they can out of everything and cutting services and guest experiences did that for me.
    :thumbs: ITA!

Post Thanks / Like

Was at HS and Epcot a few weeks ago, just for the day on a Tuesday. 4 of us $800. Outrageous. I Couldn't believe it but when in Florida..... Reserved the day for HS. I don't see what the point of reserving the day (to control crowds?), I have never seen the parks so crowded. Never ever. So crowded you couldn't even take a picture, walk without dodging people or enjoy the surroundings. Packed - wall to wall people. Rides were down. You had to constantly be on your phone. No spontaneity. We were (unfortunately) fortunate enough to have DAS which was the only saving grace. Backlot was a disgrace - 40 people in line, one person helping and they wouldn't put a 2nd person on because they were pushing mobile orders - 10 open mobile order stations, no one picking up. Ice and drink machines not working and employees with attitude. Possibly the worst day I have ever spent at DisneyWorld. Left so disappointed and wondering where the magic went and will I go back anytime soon. I could go on but why bother. My boys are grown but autistic and tried to plan a great day for them as we haven't been since before covid. I don't even think they want to go back. I am still, to this day, upset about our trip.

Post Thanks / Like

My wife and I first visited in 1989 for our first anniversary when I returned from a military deployment to South Korea. We visited every year since at least twice a year. When we moved to Florida over 5 years ago, we got APs. We visit several times a year spending thousands every time. We have reservations next month for our 34th anniversary. We decided to cancel and boom at Universal. Genie + was the final straw for us. A vacation should be a leisurely time. Genie + has ruined for us. We will take our hard earned money elsewhere.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: