Quantcast New Walt Disney World Annual Passes Available Sept. 8, Just in Time for 50th

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default New AP questions

I just saw the new APs and am very confused as to how things will work.

The incredi pass has only 5 theme park reservations at a time, does this mean you go on vacation for 10 days you only have 5 days planned out? Then you can make one reservation a day going forward? How is this going to work on high crowd days? When I went in the summer MK and HS wasn't always available.

How far in advance are your able to book park reservations? How do you plan a long trip or multiple trips if you don't know when reservations are available

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk
    August 1989- Caribbean Beach Resort
    July 1996- Swan
    July 1998- Contemporary Resort
    May 2010- Boardwalk
    October 2011-POP!
    June 2013 - Off Property
    July 2014- Off Property
    October 2014 - AKL
    April 2015 - POP!
    June 2015 - ?

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Default New Walt Disney World Annual Passes Available Sept. 8, Just in Time for 50th

From Disney PR:

At Walt Disney World Resort, being an Annual Passholder brings a special kind of magic – the kind that lets you visit our theme parks again and again so you can revisit the spots where your favorite memories were made. And as the countdown to our 50th anniversary celebration continues, the magic is calling: We’re excited to share that beginning Sept. 8, 2021, we will once again invite new Walt Disney World Annual Passholders to be a part of this beloved program!

We are introducing four new Annual Passes offering the flexibility and choice to meet guest needs, each designed based on Passholder feedback. These passes will help our biggest fans experience all that’s to come during “The World’s Most Magical Celebration” – from new attractions and nighttime spectaculars to dazzling decorations at all four theme parks and more!

What’s New

Here are some highlights of our new Annual Passes:

• Hold More Park Reservations: Depending on their pass type, Passholders may now hold up to five Disney Park Pass reservations at a time. We’ll also be adding “bonus reservations” to the calendar from time to time, so Passholders can make an additional park reservation without it counting against their applicable reservation hold limit. Plus, when Passholders stay at Disney Resort hotels or other select hotels, they will also be eligible to make theme park reservations for each day of their stay – in addition to the reservations you can hold based on your pass type!

• Customize Your Pass: Choose different add-on options based on your preferences – from the Water Park and Sports option to Disney PhotoPass downloads. These add-on options will be available for purchase with any of our four new passes.

• Access a New Integrated Calendar: Planning will be easier with enhancements to our reservation system, including a new integrated calendar that lets Passholders quickly see blockout dates for each pass type, view available days and make, modify or cancel a reservation all in one place.

• Enjoy Passholder Perks: Passes will continue to offer benefits you know and love including the Park Hopper option, standard theme park parking and discounts on merchandise and dining. And, there will be a few special surprises throughout the 50th anniversary celebration!

Click here to discover more information on your pass options available beginning Sept. 8, 2021.
    We’re also introducing a new look for the Annual Passholder program to honor our past while looking forward to the future. Using a piece of the original Walt Disney World Resort logo as a foundation for bright colors and energetic design, the program’s new look puts Passholders right in the middle of the magic.

Please note as we continue to manage attendance to provide a great experience for everyone, at any time, Annual Passes may be unavailable for purchase. Annual Passholders will also still be required to make park reservations for each day of their visit. Go to DisneyWorld.com/Pass for more information and important details about our new Annual Passes.

Current Passholders

Thank you to all of our current Annual Passholders for your continued loyalty, passion and dedication, particularly over the past year and a half. If you are a current Passholder, please know you may continue to use your Annual Pass as you do today – when it is time for you to renew, you will be able to renew into one of our new passes (at a special renewal price). Plus, beginning Sept. 8, 2021, Silver, Gold, Platinum and Platinum Plus Annual Passholders will also be able to hold more reservations at a time! Visit DisneyWorld.com/AnnualPass to learn more. Also be on the lookout for a new exclusive magnet coming your way soon.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by John; 08-30-2021 at 10:49 AM.
    John - aka. The Master Control Program
    Owner, Chairman & Chief Imagination Officer - INTERCOT

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hog View Post
    I just saw the new APs and am very confused as to how things will work.

The incredi pass has only 5 theme park reservations at a time, does this mean you go on vacation for 10 days you only have 5 days planned out? Then you can make one reservation a day going forward? How is this going to work on high crowd days? When I went in the summer MK and HS wasn't always available.

How far in advance are your able to book park reservations? How do you plan a long trip or multiple trips if you don't know when reservations are available

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk
    I think in the details, you can make park reservations for each day you have a valid Disney resort stay...

Now if you are staying off property, I'm not sure at all.
    John - aka. The Master Control Program
    Owner, Chairman & Chief Imagination Officer - INTERCOT

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know if this will be any help to anyone, but I just got off the phone with the AP Hotline and got a few questions answered....

NOTE: I have an AP 'Exchange' in my MDE account that a purchased in 2019 and have yet to activate.

1) Will I need to pay an 'upgrade' fee for the Incredi-Pass? NO. Pass is paid in full and no upgrade charge(s) will be levied.

2) Since I paid for the 'original' Platinum Annual Pass, will I lose the MemoryMaker option that was included prior to this new Incredi-Pass? NO. Since the pass was paid for under the old system, the 'free' MemoryMaker service is grandfathered in for the length of time the pass is active. (One year after activation.)

3) I have Park Reservations for the entirety of my upcoming trip -- 7 days. Will I lose 2 of those reservations due to the 5 park reservation limit on the Incredi-Pass? NO. Since I have the reservations made, and am staying 'on property,' those Park Reservations will remain 'booked.'
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

Post Thanks / Like

I'm somewhat surprised to see the park reservation system accessibility upgrades included as a significant "perk".
    Does this mean that park reservation requirements, implemented in response to COVID-19 safety considerations, will now be a permeant policy even after the pandemic has (hopefully) passed?
    Wells
    "But...I don't want to go among mad people."

"Oh, you can't help that," said the cat, "we're all mad here"

Post Thanks / Like

It has been stated by Disney in general media that they like the reservation system and plan to keep it

Post Thanks / Like

Is it possible to make more than 5 park reservations without mentioning that you're an annual pass holder?

Post Thanks / Like

When Disney first re-opened, day guests who hold annual passes were allowed to have up to 3 park reservations at a time. This was later increased to 5 reservations at a time. In addition to these day guest reservations (not staying at a Disney resort), annual pass holders can book reservations for each day of a stay at a Disney resort. Therefore, it is possible to have more than 5 park reservations at a time which may be a combination of off-site reservations and Disney on-site reservations.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

10. Likes PopPhan liked this post

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: