Quantcast Disney tells salaried and non-union employees in the U.S. they must be vaccinated - Page 3
 
INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us
     

INTERCOT Ads
 

 
 

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 69
  1. #41
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Huntsville, Alabama
    Posts
    1,306
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by azcavalier View Post
    You stated that you seemed to get it more than once, which is disturbing in and of itself. Your body should have produced antibodies. So, you got two different variants of it.
    Actually no, it isn't disturbing at all. It was to be expected. Rather you have had the actual virus or have been vaccinated, when you are exposed your immune system mounts a response and you are likely to have mild symptoms. We do in fact have a high level of antibodies. We were recently tested during routine annual blood work. We have actually had light symptoms after being exposed twice since our original infection and illness almost a year and a half ago. The most noticeable symptoms when you are exposed and your immune system is ramping up is a noticeable loss of taste for a day or two and things taste funny and tiredness. It is really no big deal but they are noticeable and are the exact same symptoms most people that have been vaccinated have. We did in fact catch the delta variant this last time and it was while on vacation. Had the light symptoms for maybe two days and kept on rolling.

    Being someone who actually caught the virus and had the illness in the very beginning and then watching all of this craziness for the past year and a half has been sort of a strange experience. The most eye opening part of it was witnessing the media and politicians whip so much of the public into such a frenzy they became irrational. For instance, they went out and bought every single roll of toilet paper they could find. That was comical. It is surprising how some talking heads on TV can so easily influence the public into behaving so irrationally.

  2. Likes baldburke liked this post
  3.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
  4. #42
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Wilmington DE
    Posts
    1,608
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Four words: It comes from China
    Beth & David

    09/82 Treehouse Villas, 06/86 BVP, 10/95 CBR, 10/99 DI, 08/03 PORS, 10/05 POP, 11/06 AKL, 09/09 POLY, 10/10 Wonder, 05/11 Dream/PORS, 08/13 POLY, 11/13 GF, 04/15 POLY, 11/15 BLT, 11/16 Aulani, 03/17 BLT, 08/18 BLT, 07/19 AKL, 06/21 BLT

  5. #43
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Buffalo, New York
    Posts
    198
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by baldburke View Post
    Four words: It comes from China
    Three words. Safe and effective.

    Three more. Get the vaccine
    Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa ha ha whoeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!

  6. Thanks TheVBs thanked for this post
    Likes PopPhan, TheVBs liked this post
    Dislikes baldburke disliked this post
  7. #44
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    7,962
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by goofyskier View Post
    Three words. Safe and effective.

    Three more. Get the vaccine
    It isn't safe and effective for everyone.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

  8. Likes baldburke liked this post
  9. #45
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    7,962
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by azcavalier View Post
    Well, I'll probably check out of this discussion now. Thanks for reading.

    Let it be known that I love you all, because I believe that you are all good people who believe what you believe because of your individual life experiences, and I can respect that. I think that you each come from a place of wanting our country to be a great place, and that is an honorable thing. And, of course, you all have good taste because of your love of all things Disney (even if you occasionally get grumpy about it).

    And, with that, I'm taking my wife away for the weekend. We're gonna go check out some Civil War battlefields that we've never seen.
    I hope you are having a great weekend with the wife.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

  10. Likes baldburke liked this post
  11. #46
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Buffalo, New York
    Posts
    198
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cinderelley View Post
    It isn't safe and effective for everyone.
    Nothing is safe and effective for everyone. Your argument is what then.....continue to build heard immunity which is less safe to more people?

    Individuals can consult his or her physician who will more likely than not tell the patient they should get the safe and effective vaccine.

    People should get the safe and effective vaccine if they want to end this pandemic.
    Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa ha ha whoeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!

  12. Likes PopPhan liked this post
    Dislikes baldburke disliked this post
  13. #47
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Huntsville, Alabama
    Posts
    1,306
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by goofyskier View Post
    Nothing is safe and effective for everyone. Your argument is what then.....continue to build heard immunity which is less safe to more people?

    Individuals can consult his or her physician who will more likely than not tell the patient they should get the safe and effective vaccine.

    People should get the safe and effective vaccine if they want to end this pandemic.
    We get it already. You believe the vaccine is "safe and effective." lol You believe so because the media and the government told you so after the shortest FDA trials ever. Sure they have proven to be safe and mostly effective against severe disease so far which is a good thing. You can't blame so many people for being cautious or skeptical though because the media pushes slanted agendas all the time and misreport new constantly. The government.....well you have to take what they say with a grain of salt because it is all so polluted with political views and agendas on top of being full of incompetence.

    Some just simply do not want the vaccine and are willing to ride the roughly 98.5% chance that they will be fine even if they do catch the virus. Besides that a new anti-viral medication has now been developed that can be administered to those who begin to develop more moderate or elevated symptoms.

    We are past the point of the belligerent, constant the vaccine is "safe and effective and everyone must go get it" rants. Even the media is beginning to move on now because people just aren't interested in hearing about Covid anymore. The ship has basically sailed and people are getting on with their lives.

  14. Likes baldburke liked this post
  15. #48
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    7,962
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by goofyskier View Post
    Nothing is safe and effective for everyone. Your argument is what then.....continue to build heard immunity which is less safe to more people?

    Individuals can consult his or her physician who will more likely than not tell the patient they should get the safe and effective vaccine.

    People should get the safe and effective vaccine if they want to end this pandemic.
    I was just reading an article about a week ago that said the effectiveness of the vaccine decreases at the 6 month mark.
    1. The vaccine has been circulating for over a year now. This information should have been known 6 months after it started being administered.
    A. Proper follow up was not being conducted for the studies or
    B. The information was known, but they did not want the general public to know for some reason.
    2. I do not know the exact percentage needed for herd immunity for this particular virus, but let's be conservative with this and use 80%. In order for this to work, the vaccine will need to be given to 80% of the world within 5 months (because not all people will have immunity last for 6 months. There is a lot of individual variation within the human race.) They cannot vaccinate 80% of the world within 5 months.
    3. There have been a lot of vaccinated people running around thinking they are safe when their shot is really no longer effective.
    4. I know a lot of healthcare professionals who are advising their patients not to get the shot.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

  16. Likes baldburke liked this post
  17. #49
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    York, PA
    Posts
    3,011
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Can we stop the bickering on this 'topic' please. The original post was stating that Disney has 'mandated' that their employees get the shots or get tested regularly. Period. It is their right, as a company, to set ground rules for their employees. Whether you agree or not makes no difference, unless you work for Disney.

    Anecdotal evidence, on either side of the 'debate' is just that - anecdotal - and does not stand up to the scientific data. Scientific data shows effectiveness of up to 95% (well above any annual flu shot) and lasting beyond the 6 - 9 month period so far. Yes, there have been serious side effects for around 0.002% of those who get the vaccine (at least as far as the Pfizer and Moderna shots are concerned) but this is also lower than what comes out of the annual flu shot. KEYWORD(S): ANNUAL FLU SHOT.

    Here is MY anecdotal evidence, not that it matters to anyone but me: I, personally, had a reaction to my second dose, which presented as low grade flu symptoms which lasted for about 12 hours. This is nothing unusual. My immune system simply went into overdrive to create antibodies.
    -Bud

    Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO

    Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

    Next up: WDW - Jan. 2022 - ASMO

  18. Thanks Wayne, TheVBs thanked for this post
    Likes Wayne, TheVBs liked this post
    Dislikes baldburke disliked this post
  19. #50
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    7,962
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PopPhan View Post
    Can we stop the bickering on this 'topic' please. The original post was stating that Disney has 'mandated' that their employees get the shots or get tested regularly. Period. It is their right, as a company, to set ground rules for their employees. Whether you agree or not makes no difference, unless you work for Disney.

    Anecdotal evidence, on either side of the 'debate' is just that - anecdotal - and does not stand up to the scientific data. Scientific data shows effectiveness of up to 95% (well above any annual flu shot) and lasting beyond the 6 - 9 month period so far. Yes, there have been serious side effects for around 0.002% of those who get the vaccine (at least as far as the Pfizer and Moderna shots are concerned) but this is also lower than what comes out of the annual flu shot. KEYWORD(S): ANNUAL FLU SHOT.

    Here is MY anecdotal evidence, not that it matters to anyone but me: I, personally, had a reaction to my second dose, which presented as low grade flu symptoms which lasted for about 12 hours. This is nothing unusual. My immune system simply went into overdrive to create antibodies.
    Here's the link to the study information that shows that efficacy drops in 4-6 months.
    https://www.thelancet.com/journals/l...183-8/fulltext
    Obviously, more studies need to be done, but if it is important to you to have it, you may want to consider getting a booster shot.

    I don't really view it as bickering. I view it as providing information to people who may not necessarily run across it in their every day lives. I probably run across more information in my job than a lot of other people.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

  20. Likes baldburke liked this post
  21. #51
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Wilmington DE
    Posts
    1,608
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cinderelley View Post
    I don't really view it as bickering. I view it as providing information to people who may not necessarily run across it in their every day lives. I probably run across more information in my job than a lot of other people.
    Precisely! The left doesn't want to hear your opinion, they only want their opinion coming out of your mouth. One need look no further than your own Krysten Sinema, God bless her!
    Beth & David

    09/82 Treehouse Villas, 06/86 BVP, 10/95 CBR, 10/99 DI, 08/03 PORS, 10/05 POP, 11/06 AKL, 09/09 POLY, 10/10 Wonder, 05/11 Dream/PORS, 08/13 POLY, 11/13 GF, 04/15 POLY, 11/15 BLT, 11/16 Aulani, 03/17 BLT, 08/18 BLT, 07/19 AKL, 06/21 BLT

  22. #52
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,412
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 1DisneyNut View Post
    Some just simply do not want the vaccine and are willing to ride the roughly 98.5% chance that they will be fine even if they do catch the virus.
    What's missing here is the reality that getting vaccinated is not just about protecting ourselves, it's about protecting other people too. It's about removing the option for a larger host community for the virus to mutate in. Now, there are people who genuinely don't have the option to get the vaccine, even if they want to. And there are people who are afraid to get the vaccine - and I'm going to acknowledge here that the media has not entirely helped this situation. However, one missing component of nearly every argument I've seen for people who don't want to get vaccinated, is the acknowledgement that it would help other people. There's always the ready acknowledgement that they themselves, the individual, are willing to take that risk. But never an acknowledgement that they might, or likely will, impact someone else's health or mortality. It wraps right back around to that statement on this forum that utterly shocked me. "Why would I care about protecting you? I don't even know your name." This is a serious deficit in our society. And while I liked and thanked PopPhan's comment about the reality of the original post not being impacted, I also do not see this as bickering. These conversations can be had respectfully and they need to be.
    Susanne

  23. Likes PopPhan, baldburke liked this post
  24. #53
    Join Date
    Jun 1999
    Location
    Harlingen, Texas, USA
    Posts
    759
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PopPhan View Post
    If children need to have certain immunizations before starting school, and certain areas of travel need certain immunizations before going there, I see no problem with this. Had this been done immediately after the EUA for the vaccines was granted, I might say differently, but we are 10 months into use of the vaccines and extremely few negative reactions have been reported, other than the same types of things you can get from flu shots.

    With the number of cases rising in Florida (and other states as well) protection for their employees and visitors should be their first priority.

    I know I will catch a lot of flack for this, but it is my opinion and I stand by it.
    And I'll stand there with you.

    When your "freedom of choice" regarding getting the vaccine interferes with DH's medical treatment if he has a heart attack, that "freedom of choice" ends. I've heard of too many hospitals who've had to turn people away because they're full/overwhelmed caring for the unvaccinated with Covid. And DH is at very high risk of cardiac issues, so this scares me.

  25. Likes PopPhan, TheVBs liked this post
  26. #54
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Huntsville, Alabama
    Posts
    1,306
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheVBs View Post
    What's missing here is the reality that getting vaccinated is not just about protecting ourselves, it's about protecting other people too. It's about removing the option for a larger host community for the virus to mutate in. Now, there are people who genuinely don't have the option to get the vaccine, even if they want to. And there are people who are afraid to get the vaccine - and I'm going to acknowledge here that the media has not entirely helped this situation. However, one missing component of nearly every argument I've seen for people who don't want to get vaccinated, is the acknowledgement that it would help other people. There's always the ready acknowledgement that they themselves, the individual, are willing to take that risk. But never an acknowledgement that they might, or likely will, impact someone else's health or mortality. It wraps right back around to that statement on this forum that utterly shocked me. "Why would I care about protecting you? I don't even know your name." This is a serious deficit in our society. And while I liked and thanked PopPhan's comment about the reality of the original post not being impacted, I also do not see this as bickering. These conversations can be had respectfully and they need to be.
    I understand your concerns and agree with you in many ways. One thing I also see missing is the fact that studies have shown that even those vaccinated are capable of spreading Covid, especially the Delta variant. If they are capable of spreading it, they are also capable of contributing to new variants. I guess the point is there is no 100% solution. People want Covid stopped dead in it's tracks and you will read people saying that as an argument for everyone getting vaccinated but reality is it can't be stopped dead in it's tracks. It is simply going to have to run it's course and the sooner we allow it to do so, the sooner this will all be over with. That is what we are doing now with masking mandates no longer in effect in much of the country along with other business restrictions being dropped and having ball games and concerts. We are now letting it run it's course.

    I do not see this as bickering either. It is just a discussion with everyone stating their viewpoints. We will all learn from it and may see things from another angle.

  27. Likes baldburke liked this post
  28. #55
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    7,962
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Simba's Mom View Post
    And I'll stand there with you.

    When your "freedom of choice" regarding getting the vaccine interferes with DH's medical treatment if he has a heart attack, that "freedom of choice" ends. I've heard of too many hospitals who've had to turn people away because they're full/overwhelmed caring for the unvaccinated with Covid. And DH is at very high risk of cardiac issues, so this scares me.
    I just wanted to reassure you with the knowledge that emergency rooms cannot legally refuse you if you are having a medical emergency.
    A lot of people go to the ER who should not be there. Emergency rooms are for people who are at risk of dying, like your DH. Often, people use them as urgent cares or primary care doctors which causes a whole host of other issues that I hate to open up here. If people are being refused, they are not having a medical emergency and need to go to another, more appropriate, source of healthcare.
    It is called EMTALA - Emergency Medical Treatment & Labor Act - if you would like to read up on it in order to be reassured.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

  29. Likes baldburke liked this post
  30. #56
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Wilmington DE
    Posts
    1,608
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Disney tells salaried and non-union employees in the U.S. they must be vaccinated by end of September
    So back to the original point of this conversation, I called our pharmacy to get a refill on a prescription at DD's request because she was running out of the product. The pharmacist said they were refilling, but to note that this would be her last refill unless we checked with her medical provider. Fast forward to this morning and I call the doctor's office. The lady answering the phone tells me that because DD is over 18 and despite me paying the bills, she cannot disclose any details based on HIPAA.

    I'm vaxxed and have to problem telling. Get vaxxed or don't, I don't care. However, I think as these cases move to the legal system we'll see there are indeed challenges to employer's demands for your personal information that are illegal for them to request. What's really crazy is that you have medical systems firing health care workers then rehiring them as temps because agencies aren't required to provide proof of vaccination. Yet this is more costly to hospitals because they are paying the agency fee on tip of the labor cost.
    Beth & David

    09/82 Treehouse Villas, 06/86 BVP, 10/95 CBR, 10/99 DI, 08/03 PORS, 10/05 POP, 11/06 AKL, 09/09 POLY, 10/10 Wonder, 05/11 Dream/PORS, 08/13 POLY, 11/13 GF, 04/15 POLY, 11/15 BLT, 11/16 Aulani, 03/17 BLT, 08/18 BLT, 07/19 AKL, 06/21 BLT

  31. Likes Cinderelley liked this post
  32. #57
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,412
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 1DisneyNut View Post
    I understand your concerns and agree with you in many ways. One thing I also see missing is the fact that studies have shown that even those vaccinated are capable of spreading Covid, especially the Delta variant. If they are capable of spreading it, they are also capable of contributing to new variants. I guess the point is there is no 100% solution. People want Covid stopped dead in it's tracks and you will read people saying that as an argument for everyone getting vaccinated but reality is it can't be stopped dead in it's tracks. It is simply going to have to run it's course and the sooner we allow it to do so, the sooner this will all be over with. That is what we are doing now with masking mandates no longer in effect in much of the country along with other business restrictions being dropped and having ball games and concerts. We are now letting it run it's course.

    I do not see this as bickering either. It is just a discussion with everyone stating their viewpoints. We will all learn from it and may see things from another angle.
    So I agree with you partially here, and this is one thing that always confuses me - we always knew that vaccinated people could still get it and spread it. This was never, ever new news. We have always had a strong suspicion that because of the type of virus it is, that it would likely always be around in some form like the flu and that we may need to have annual covid shots like we get annual flu shots. These aren't new pieces of information. There was never any statement from the scientific and medical specialists that this would ever be stopped dead in it's tracks. What that vaccine does do is immensely reduce the likelihood that if you get it that you will get seriously ill or die. It also greatly reduces the virus load you carry around, which - with masks - greatly reduces the likelihood that you will infect someone else. If the majority of a population is vaccinated it also removes the opportunity for the virus to become more virulent (fun fact - I can never properly pronounce that word). The vaccinated population also helps protect those who genuinely cannot get vaccinated. So, this is very much a situation where we set aside that it's not fun to wear a mask or gee we'd rather not get a shot and work towards protecting the population as a whole. We need to work together for the greater good. And I think the best suggestion I've heard is that anyone with doubts about the vaccine should talk to their doctor about it. Forget social media, forget news media, sit down face to face with your doctor and talk with them about it.
    Susanne

  33. Likes PopPhan, baldburke liked this post
  34. #58
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Huntsville, Alabama
    Posts
    1,306
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheVBs View Post
    And I think the best suggestion I've heard is that anyone with doubts about the vaccine should talk to their doctor about it. Forget social media, forget news media, sit down face to face with your doctor and talk with them about it.
    I am glad you brought that up. The funny thing is we did just that. We talked to our doctor about it. Knowing that we actually had Covid back in the beginning a year and a half ago and have been exposed multiple times since then he said we really have no need to be vaccinated. We have basically been given booster shots over the past year and half by being exposed. Studies have shown that it is still very rare for someone who previously had the virus to have severe illness again when exposed. That rarely gets any recognition and people want to demand that everyone get vaccinated whether they really need it or not.

  35. #59
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,412
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 1DisneyNut View Post
    I am glad you brought that up. The funny thing is we did just that. We talked to our doctor about it. Knowing that we actually had Covid back in the beginning a year and a half ago and have been exposed multiple times since then he said we really have no need to be vaccinated. We have basically been given booster shots over the past year and half by being exposed. Studies have shown that it is still very rare for someone who previously had the virus to have severe illness again when exposed. That rarely gets any recognition and people want to demand that everyone get vaccinated whether they really need it or not.
    First of all, I am SO sorry you guys had it! And I am so grateful you've kept your doctor in the loop with your decisions. Continued protection from Covid after an infection can vary depending on a number of factors, which your doctor would obviously be privy to in your case. The CDC is still encouraging those to who have been infected to be vaccinated, and to get boosters, for more protection. And I think that's the safety baseline most places are working from when they require vaccinations. Are you worried that being vaccinated will have a negative effect on you? I'm also so sorry you've been exposed multiple times. That had to be really stressful! Hopefully the vaccination rates in your area have improved since then and you won't have to keep facing the possibility of reinfection.
    Susanne

  36. Likes PopPhan liked this post
  37. #60
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Wilmington DE
    Posts
    1,608
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    So it's funny seeing images from the first few days of the WDW 50th celebration or any sporting event, including the World Series, where stands are packed. Obviously the people have spoken that we are ready to return to normal life. Much of the problem with COVID is the media, including ABC owned by Disney, spinning it to create hype. Our "science" certainly isn't helping it either. When people clear die of other causes but get counted as COVID deaths that's not good science. Likewise when employers don't take into account antibodies that's not good science either. Crazy times!
    Beth & David

    09/82 Treehouse Villas, 06/86 BVP, 10/95 CBR, 10/99 DI, 08/03 PORS, 10/05 POP, 11/06 AKL, 09/09 POLY, 10/10 Wonder, 05/11 Dream/PORS, 08/13 POLY, 11/13 GF, 04/15 POLY, 11/15 BLT, 11/16 Aulani, 03/17 BLT, 08/18 BLT, 07/19 AKL, 06/21 BLT

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

 
Company
Advertising
Guest Relations
Community
Discussion Boards
Podcast
Newsletter
Shop
Social
Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube
Pinterest
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Enter your email address below to receive our newsletter:
INTERCOT Logo PRIVACY STATEMENT / DISCLAIMER | DISCUSSION BOARD RULES
Since 1997 INTERCOT - a Levelbest Communications Website. This is not an official Disney website.
> Levelbest Network Site