Quantcast Bay Lake Tower Weekend Part 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bay Lake Tower Weekend Part 2

Saturday, July 11

After we arrived, my husband realized he did not have his cell phone with him. We have reservations to visit Epcot today but, since they don't open until 11 am, we have time to run home and search for the missing cell phone.

We leave Disney property and stop at Bob Evans for some breakfast. After breakfast, we make the drive to our house and, after a brief search, we find the missing phone. With that accomplished, we drive directly to Epcot and enter the park just as it is opening.

We've recently been on most of the rides throughout the park but haven't done any of the films for quite some time. We head over to the China pavilion and stop in for Reflections of China. We are the only two people in the entire theater so have a private showing for just us. It was a tad bit amusing to listen to the cast member go through her entire spiel as though the theater were full of multiple people!!

As we leave China, we continue around World Showcase stopping in shops along the way. I wish they would reopen all the shops that are still closed but we keep being told they are having difficulty obtaining merchandise in order to fully stock the shops.

There are very few people in the World Showcase area on this day. It looks like we just missed a showing of The American Adventure. We hang out on the tables outside the restroom. Voices of America are now performing in the American Theater instead of inside the attraction so we listen to them from across the way and then enter the theater. Even with more people entering before the doors close, there are less than three dozen people in attendance for this showing.

We are now looking for some lunch so stop in to Spice Road Table where we end up sharing an order of Naan and Hummus. Thus refreshed, we continue our way around the countires.

I knew they had closed the Far and Wide movie in Canada but, other than Le Cellier, the entire pavilion appears to be shuttered and a bit desolate. We continue back to the front of the park where we stand on line for about a half hour for Spaceship Earth and then return to our car and our room at Bay Lake Tower.

We decide to see if we can eat dinner at the bar at The Wave. There is plenty of room for us and the bar tenders are in good spirits. My husband has another steak and tells me that he actually likes it much better than the steak he had the evening before at California Grill. I have the catch of the day which is salmon and it is delicious. Since the Wave is closing in a few days for a total refurbishment, they are not replenishing any of the beer, wine or liquor they have on hand.

After dinner, we return to our room and once again plan to watch the fireworks from our balcony. Throughout the entire fireworks display, we can hear a group of people somewhere else in the building who are screaming with each firework explosion. These are not the normal sounds folks make while enjoying a fireworks show - this seems like a competition to see who can scream the loudest and possibly drown out the fireworks. It is very annoying and distracting. My husband notices a security guard down below who appears to be looking up at the building as though searching for where the disturbance is located. All in all, this made for a very disappointing fireworks display and not a great way to end our day.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

2. Thanks ibelieveindisneymagic thanked for this post
    Likes baldburke, PopPhan liked this post
  3.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

So glad you had a nice visit! Slowly but surely back to "normal."
    Beth & David

09/82 Treehouse Villas, 06/86 BVP, 10/95 CBR, 10/99 DI, 08/03 PORS, 10/05 POP, 11/06 AKL, 09/09 POLY, 10/10 Wonder, 05/11 Dream/PORS, 08/13 POLY, 11/13 GF, 04/15 POLY, 11/15 BLT, 11/16 Aulani, 03/17 BLT, 08/18 BLT, 07/19 AKL, 06/21 BLT

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: