Quantcast 2 Day visit and could use some advice!!

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default 2 Day visit and could use some advice!!

I feel like I'm rolling in like a newbie here! We had a big Disney World trip planned for last year that we cancelled for obvious reasons. DH was not ready to go for another big trip this year with limited offerings, uncertainty and top dollar prices - and I get it. But, the girls and I need our Disney fix. So the compromise is that we're doing a road trip with stops to visit family that will include 2 full days and roughly 2 half days in DW.

We're staying at POP, which will be a first for us. We've walked over from AoA to check it out, but never stayed. I know we can use the Skyliner from there. We've booked a "preferred" room which I think is in the 50s or 70s areas? Any tips for enjoying this resort to the fullest? Are they still limiting how many people are in the pools?

For our two park days we've chosen the Magic Kingdom and Hollywood Studios. We're hoping to ride Splash Mountain one last time before it's re-themed. I understand there's no FP, so I'm assuming everything in MK is standby only? How long are people having to wait these days to get on Splash? Any tips for shorter wait times? And I understand there are no more extra magic hours, but there may be early attendance to any park while we're there?

Our main motivation for choosing Hollywood Studios is to see Black Spire Outpost. We were last there 3 years ago, so we haven't seen this at all. Any and all advice/tips would be most appreciated!! If I understand correctly, you have to try for boarding groups for Rise of the Resistance through the app. There are two opportunities for this? Once at 7am from anywhere, and once at 1pm but only if you're in the park. Do I have that right? Do you get a specific time or a window? How hard is it to get on the Millenium Falcon ride? Is it a simulator? Do people with motion sickness issues have problems on it?

We're also interested in doing the Droid Depot. How much fun is it or how much of a pain is it, to walk around the park with your droid? Have people who have done it enjoyed the overall experience and thought it was worth the price? Any benefit to shooting for morning, afternoon or evening? What happens if your Droid Depot time ends up conflicting with your Rise of the Resistance time? Any other tips for enjoying Black Spire?

We're going to spend at least one of our two half-ish days in Disney Springs. How is it moving around there these days? Are most of the shops and restaurants open? Anything new and exciting there?

Thank you as always for any help you amazing Disney gurus!
    Susanne

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Splash Mountain had almost hour long waits when we were there mid-May. All the parks were letting people in an hour or so before park opening, I'm not sure if they're stilling doing that. Get in early to beat the crowds - the waits just get longer as the day goes on.

For Rise of the Resistance, have everyone in your party in the My Disney Experience app just before 7am. You need to be in the Join Queue part. When your phone says 7am, pull down to refresh and then click on join. Waits for Smuggler's Run were typically 30-45 minutes when we were there in mid-May. We rode it multiple times. It is a simulator.

Droid Depot is worth it and was fun. Make a reservation through the Disney World site: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/sh...s/droid-depot/. We took our droids out to the car when we were done so we didn't carry them around. It was like $170 to get the droid, a personality chip, and the backpack. For just the droid it's $100.

Disney Springs was always crammed when we were there. Friday evening was especially crowded. The Polite Pig had great food, so if you like BBQ at all, I recommend trying it.
    Steve (aka brownie)
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations & Mousellaneous
    ASMv 4/00, 10/01, 11/03, 5/21
    ASMu 8/12, 11-12/22
    AKL 6/18
    BC 9/94
    CSR 8/14, 3-4/22
    POP 11-12/10, 3/12, 10/12, 7/17, 4/22
    POFQ 10/01
    POR 9/04, 1/16, 11/19
    WL 12/03
    Disneyland 6/07, 1/15
    Disney Dream 8/14

4. Thanks TheVBs thanked for this post
    Likes TheVBs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for this info brownie!
    Susanne

Post Thanks / Like

If you're able to book a time for Rise of the Resistance, is it an exact time or a window of time?
    Susanne

Post Thanks / Like

DS1 is a huge Star Wars fan and loved the droid depot. He still plays with his droid and it has been a couple of years.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

8. Thanks TheVBs thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheVBs View Post
    If you're able to book a time for Rise of the Resistance, is it an exact time or a window of time?
    You get a boarding group number and an estimated number of minutes before your group is called. You can check the status to see how much longer your estimated wait it. When your group is called, you have an hour to get into line.
    Steve (aka brownie)
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations & Mousellaneous
    ASMv 4/00, 10/01, 11/03, 5/21
    ASMu 8/12, 11-12/22
    AKL 6/18
    BC 9/94
    CSR 8/14, 3-4/22
    POP 11-12/10, 3/12, 10/12, 7/17, 4/22
    POFQ 10/01
    POR 9/04, 1/16, 11/19
    WL 12/03
    Disneyland 6/07, 1/15
    Disney Dream 8/14

10. Thanks TheVBs thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Just hope you can get through the line quicker. But if it is hot need to drink plenty of liquids. Just saying!
    April Showers and Easter 2024!!

12. Thanks TheVBs thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you everyone! We're so excited and hoping we get a chance to enjoy everything on our list!
    Susanne

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: