Quantcast Dining Questions

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Dining Questions

We have a trip planned for the end of this June. There are 17 in our group. It seems like it is going to be a challenge, even if we break into a number of smaller parties, to secure dining reservations. We are all staying on-site, so we are hoping the extra ten day window will allow us an opportunity to snag some table service dining. What are others experiencing?

Also, how does the "walk-up" system work?

Any advise will be appreciated.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

At this moment, many restaurants at Disney remain closed and it can be a challenge to get dining reservations even for a small party. I would suggest you make the reservations you are able to make as soon as possible. Are you speaking of walking up to sit down restaurants? If so, and unless things change between now and the end of June (which is possible with the number of vaccines currently being administered), you might be out of luck in getting into sit-down dining establishments as walk-ups. We were in Animal Kingdom the other day and, while waiting to be seated for our reservation at Yak & Yeti, we observed a number of people who approached the podium to request seating without reservations only to be told the restaurant was fully booked and they could not be accommodated.

For quick service locations, most are using an order ahead system where you place your dining order on your phone and then go to the quick service establishment to pick up your order when you are notified it is ready.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Good info, thanks! We are also traveling with a sizeable party (13) in June. We're hoping to get one breakfast or dinner as a group but we'll see!
    Beth & David

09/82 Treehouse Villas, 06/86 BVP, 10/95 CBR, 10/99 DI, 08/03 PORS, 10/05 POP, 11/06 AKL, 09/09 POLY, 10/10 Wonder, 05/11 Dream/PORS, 08/13 POLY, 11/13 GF, 04/15 POLY, 11/15 BLT, 11/16 Aulani, 03/17 BLT, 08/18 BLT, 07/19 AKL, 06/21 BLT

Post Thanks / Like

The "Join Walk-Up List" is an option for table service restaurants on the MyDisney Experience app. How does this process operate. Do you have to be in the park? at the restaurant? can you select a later time? can large groups be accommodated?

Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone know if there are party size limits at WDW? Overall, we have a part of 13, but my immediate party is 7. I know in my home state the current restrictions are for a party of up to 6 with no more than 4 adults at a table. I realize that we might not be able to make a ressie for a party of 13, but is there any chance that we might be able to get a meal (or two) with our party of 7?
    Beth & David

09/82 Treehouse Villas, 06/86 BVP, 10/95 CBR, 10/99 DI, 08/03 PORS, 10/05 POP, 11/06 AKL, 09/09 POLY, 10/10 Wonder, 05/11 Dream/PORS, 08/13 POLY, 11/13 GF, 04/15 POLY, 11/15 BLT, 11/16 Aulani, 03/17 BLT, 08/18 BLT, 07/19 AKL, 06/21 BLT

Post Thanks / Like

When we travelled as a large party (17), we called for dining and were referred directly to the manager of the restaurant. We ended up getting a guaranteed reservation time in the old restaurant in the Italy pavilion in EPCOT.
    WDW Visitor since 1973, DVC member since 2000

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry, I'm just now seeing this.

Similar situation. We're going with a party of 16 in late May. We were able to snag one reservation for the entire group for the week we're there. Just one. Teppan Edo, for lunch on that first Sunday. And, honestly, there will only be 13 of us that day as the other three fly in that evening.

Now, we also got reservations at Mama Melrose, Raglan Road, and Whispering Canyon Cafe, but we had to break the party up and get four reservations of 4 each. For one of those, I had to wait on hold with Disney Dining for two hours, and the CM booked all four under my name. For the other two, I just had three different adults in my party search for reservations for 4 around the same time as mine. When we get there, we'll see if we can't get some of us together or not.

Having the buffets closed makes it super hard to get dining reservations for parties of any size.
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

Post Thanks / Like

Isn't there a phone number for people with groups of 8+ visiting? Maybe it has been done away with over the last few years, but I could swear it existed at some point.
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: