Quantcast Ft. Wilderness - Nov 1-8 - part 1

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ft. Wilderness - Nov 1-8 - part 1

It's been quite a while since we've visited. Son's not wanted to go for a long time, but don't tell him we snuck down, okay? (Besides, he was busy at college.)

We arrived right around 11 - and hadn't had a site assigned yet. The cast member at the gate found one for us, and it wasn't long before we were passing a VERY long line of RVs trying to get out the gate. We couldn't believe how many folks were trying to get out, and how many had trailers/toads in the overflow parking. Our loop had a LOT of people breaking down their Halloween displays and loading them up - we'd seen a few Youtube videos about the elaborate site decorations, and recognized quite a few.

Once on-site we set up quickly and then headed over to Epcot... or tried to. First bus we got on was going the wrong way (rookie mistake, lol) and we ended up at the Wilderness Lodge. After taking interior shots and hitting the gift store for masks (it's a state law, lol) we caught the bus to Epcot, and my lovely bride's favorite attraction - Spaceship Earth. Then mine - Mission Space.

Then we wandered for a bit - Test Track didn't have much of a line, so we got onto that. I'm not much of a fan of the new (to us) theming on the attraction - I preferred the more industrial look of the previous version. This just seems too... slick? Yeah, that's the way to describe it. But the ride itself was just as much fun as always, even if the after-ride areas are rather dull in this time of Covid. (Had the same feeling after Spaceship Earth, too.)

Then down to check on the Frozen ride - which we had expected to miss since we'd originally been booked from Nov 2nd to Nov 8th, but were able to slide in a day early. Frozen had been scheduled to close for a refurb on the 2nd, so we weren't at all surprised to find that there was a long line on that. But we had a dinner reservation at La Haceinda de San Angel - so we figured we'd go through the Pyramid instead. That had a line also - but it moved quickly and it wasn't long until we were in. The Gran Fiesta Tour was fun - but I'll admit I miss the old El Rio del Tiempo ride.

Then it was dinnertime - and we had a great meal seated where we would have had a wonderful view of anything going on out on the lake - except nothing was going on. Ah, well. It was STILL a great meal.

Of course, the heavens had opened by the time the meal was over - but I'd planned ahead and had some disposable ponchos in the backpack. We squished over and got in line for Frozen - and I've really got to feel for the cast members who were managing the line's twists and turns. It was REALLY coming down, and I was amused by the folks who were complaining about all the rain. It's Florida - it's going to rain.

The ride itself was great - getting in out of the rain was a treat on it's own, lol. The theming's amazing, the sauna window was hilarious, the ride itself was... sigh. It was nice. Technically a whole lot of fun. But the sound effects and music really overwhelmed the dialog for me, and I couldn't understand the vocals.

We stopped and got Schoolbread for the next morning's breakfast, and headed out of the park... where I made a mistake around Spaceship Earth. We'd gone on it again, and coming out I stopped at the Pin Trading store.

And I got hooked on pins. Dang it! There was this one, and that one, and then there was another - and of course I'm going to need another lanyard, and... oh, look at THIS ONE! Before my lovely bride pried me away I had a sackful...

Well, as souvenirs go, it could have been a lot worse. We hoofed it back to the busses, caught the bus back to Ft. Wilderness, caught the bus to our loop, and collapsed. It'd been a LONG day...
    July '66, Disneyland.
    Aug '73, Mar '82, Sep '97 - Before Mr. Boo..
    Feb '02 - With Mr. Boo, age 4
    Oct '03 - POR! Forget the sun, let it RAIN!
    In 2009? March for a day - EPCOT! July - Ft. Wilderness!
    Nov 2020 Ft. Wilderness
    Nov 2021 Ft Wilderness again!
    Nov 2023 Ft Wilderness, here we come!

2. Thanks faline thanked for this post
    Likes faline liked this post
  3.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a decent first day. Crazy about everyone leaving though! We stayed at the Fort once around Halloween and it was crazy with all the decorations.
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

5. Thanks Jll3Sonex thanked for this post
    Likes Jll3Sonex liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report! I enjoyed reading it, love your style!
    Jeff

7. Thanks Jll3Sonex thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Good start to your trip. Fort Wilderness was our "original" home when at Disney World and we have many fond memories of stays there. Florida should be in its dry season now but this year seems to be exceptionally rainy. I, too, miss older versions of some of the rides.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

9. Thanks Jll3Sonex thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I love Schoolbread.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

11. Likes PopPhan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I love hearing about first days of a Disney vacation and this seemed to be a great start to your trip.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: