Quantcast Question about pins

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Question about pins

I started putting my pins into a pin board, but when I started running across my limited edition ones, I wondered if they are worth more if I leave them on the card they come on. Does anyone know?
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Anything still in the original packaging will be more valuable to a collector.
    Dave aka: Altair
    "Even though they're graceful when swimmin', it's hard to believe sailors thought they were women" - Manatee area, the Living Seas

4. Likes Cinderelley liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Altair View Post
    Anything still in the original packaging will be more valuable to a collector.
    With pins - they easily come off - so couldn't you say pop the card in a small baggie with the name of the pin it goes to and display it till you decide to sell it and then put it back?

I don't think most of them come in a plastic wrap or anything.

I have tons of pins - really need to go thru and decide what to do with them. They've been in the closet and not out for more than 10 years probably.
    John - aka. The Master Control Program
    Owner, Chairman & Chief Imagination Officer - INTERCOT

6. Likes Cinderelley liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

We made pin boards years ago by gluing cork to thin plywood and covering it with crushed velvet. Gave one to each chid. My wife keeps hers in those pin books you can get at the Pin Stations.

Regarding keeping them on the card, yes, it would be worth more to a collector to have the card with it. But if you're not planning on getting rid of them, then who cares? Take them off of the card and enjoy the pin on your board!
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

8. Likes Cinderelley liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azcavalier View Post

Regarding keeping them on the card, yes, it would be worth more to a collector to have the card with it. But if you're not planning on getting rid of them, then who cares? Take them off of the card and enjoy the pin on your board!
    Actually, I was wondering if my kids could sell them when I die. Morbid I know, but the doctors have been telling me I am going to die for the last 10 years. lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cinderelley View Post
    Actually, I was wondering if my kids could sell them when I die. Morbid I know, but the doctors have been telling me I am going to die for the last 10 years. lol
    I'm probably going off-topic a bit here, but anything that is generally labeled as "collectible" really isn't ever going to be worth much. When you hear about old things that are now worth money because they're rare, it's usually something that was never planned to be a collectible. Especially when it's memorabilia or old toys. So, with the card or without the card, I don't think any Disney pins will ever be worth much more than what you paid for them. Just because you can go on eBay and see stuff being offered for outrageous sums doesn't mean that anyone is actually buying them for those amounts.

Do you guys remember about ten years ago, the Disney Store put out a series of Disney Princess dolls that were limited edition? They were called Disney Princess Designer Collection, and they were in different styles/fashion. Each had a limited number made. Some were 1500, some were 2500. It was so limited that each store, worldwide, only had something like 20-50 of these dolls. My wife and daughter drove to another state to wait in line the day they came out. My wife managed to collect all ten, and has them on display on some shelves I made for her. She loves them, and that's great. But I don't think they'll be worth anything in 20-30 years. Because there are thousands of them, world wide. On eBay, you can find them, and people are trying to sell them for $100's each, or entire sets for between $1700-$2000. But no one ever BIDS on them. They're listed, but they're not selling.

In other words, in my opinion, things that are labeled as "Limited Edition" or "Collectible" mean something to the original purchaser, but shouldn't be looked on as an investment.
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

Post Thanks / Like

Don't look at the ebay for sale list, look at the sold list, that will give an idea of value. Everything is not going to be worth thousand, but if you bought something at $5 and now it's worth $10 that's a good thing.
    "Even though they're graceful when swimmin', it's hard to believe sailors thought they were women" - Manatee area, the Living Seas

Post Thanks / Like

Don't look at the ebay for sale list, look at the sold list, that will give an idea of value. Everything is not going to be worth thousand, but if you bought something at $5 and now it's worth $10 that's a good thing.
    Well, I tried to go onto ebay and find the sold list, but I couldn't. I didn't see the Haunted Mansion birthday clock pin I was thinking of anyway.

It made me smile to look at the Disney pins.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cinderelley View Post
    Well, I tried to go onto ebay and find the sold list, but I couldn't. I didn't see the Haunted Mansion birthday clock pin I was thinking of anyway.

It made me smile to look at the Disney pins.
    After you do your search, you need to look along the left edge then scroll down to the "show only" heading, in there you just need to click on "sold". It's down a ways.

Post Thanks / Like

After you do your search, you need to look along the left edge then scroll down to the "show only" heading, in there you just need to click on "sold". It's down a ways.
    Well, I still didn't find the clock pin. I guess either I'm the only one who liked it and bought it or everyone liked it so much that they aren't parting with it. I did see a Maleficent stretching room pin and a Stitch gargoyle pin that I'm going to have to go find to buy now. :P

Thank you for teaching me how to look that up.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: