Quantcast Disney world & brightline enter into agreement - train station at disney springs!

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Disney world & brightline enter into agreement - train station at disney springs!

WALT DISNEY WORLD AND BRIGHTLINE ENTER INTO AGREEMENT REGARDING BRIGHTLINE STATION AT DISNEY SPRINGS

MIAMI (November 23, 2020)– Today, Brightline and Walt Disney World Resort announced they have entered into an agreement to construct a train station at Disney Springs, the popular shopping, dining and entertainment complex. The Brightline station is intended to provide a convenient travel option between Walt Disney World Resort and Brightline stations at Orlando International Airport (OIA), Miami, Fort Lauderdale and West Palm Beach and planned stations in Aventura, Boca Raton and Port Miami. Brightline’s expansion from West Palm Beach to OIA is on track to be completed in 2022. The agreement is conditioned upon Brightline’s satisfaction of certain obligations including obtaining all necessary government approvals.

The design concept for the proposed station at Disney Springs at Walt Disney World Resort includes a lobby on the ground level, passenger facilities and an upper level train platform. The proposed location would be in close proximity to Walt Disney World Resort’s four theme parks, two water parks and more than 25 hotels.

“Brightline will offer a car-free connection to the millions of visitors from around the state and the world who plan to make Walt Disney World Resort part of their vacation plans,” said Patrick Goddard, president of Brightline. “Our mission has always been to connect our guests to the people and places that matter, and Walt Disney World Resort is a tremendous example of this.”

“We’re excited to work with Brightline as they pursue the potential development of a train station at Walt Disney World Resort, a project that would support our local economy and offer a bold, forward-looking transportation solution for our community and guests,” said Jeff Vahle, president of Walt Disney World Resort.

In 2018, Brightline was awarded the right to execute lease agreements with FDOT and the Central Florida Expressway Authority to connect OIA and Tampa. In February 2020, Brightline commenced engineering and design work for the proposed project.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    John - aka. The Master Control Program
    Owner, Chairman & Chief Imagination Officer - INTERCOT

2. Thanks PopPhan, Jeff, Jeany031 thanked for this post
    Likes PopPhan, baldburke, Jeany031 liked this post
  3.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

In would be interesting to see if this could be used as an alternative to DME. Maybe your luggage still gets shipped via truck from MCO to WDW, but I wouldn't mind a train ride and subsequent ride on standard WDW transportation to get to my resort. As an alternative, maybe you could go straight from DS to a park to start your vacation ASAP! Its a cool concept!
    Beth & David

09/82 Treehouse Villas, 06/86 BVP, 10/95 CBR, 10/99 DI, 08/03 PORS, 10/05 POP, 11/06 AKL, 09/09 POLY, 10/10 Wonder, 05/11 Dream/PORS, 08/13 POLY, 11/13 GF, 04/15 POLY, 11/15 BLT, 11/16 Aulani, 03/17 BLT, 08/18 BLT, 07/19 AKL, 06/21 BLT

5. Thanks Jeany031 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

This is awesome idea! I love Brightline and Disney team up! Awesome!
    JEANY SANCHEZ
    January 2022 Polynesian Village Resort

7. Likes John liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by baldburke View Post
    In would be interesting to see if this could be used as an alternative to DME. Maybe your luggage still gets shipped via truck from MCO to WDW, but I wouldn't mind a train ride and subsequent ride on standard WDW transportation to get to my resort. As an alternative, maybe you could go straight from DS to a park to start your vacation ASAP! Its a cool concept!
    I would like this idea if they did take your luggage like DME. Although a train ride would be fun, I wouldn't want to lug my baggage onto a train, off of a train, onto a WDW bus and then off of a WDW bus. Then possibly even reversing that for the trip back to the airport.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

9. Thanks Jeany031 thanked for this post
    Likes baldburke, Jeany031 liked this post

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: