Quantcast What non-Disney trips are you planning?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default What non-Disney trips are you planning?

What vacations have you gone on or plan on doing outside of Disney? I need some inspiration for daydreaming.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We don't have any vacations currently on the books. We have however traveled to St. Thomas, Aruba, Cabo San Lucas, Rio De Janeiro, Kauai, Cancun, the Mexican Rivera, Las Vegas and Reno.
    I have to say my favorite place was St. Thomas. We loved it there. Great people. Great food and lots to do! We visited other islands while we were there! Kauai was very nice too except for the flight there and back. We had awful turbulence both flights. We stayed in Princeville on the north end of the island. It was very relaxing and peaceful. Enjoy your daydreaming! I often daydream of returning to St. Thomas

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zippy 1 View Post
    We have however traveled to St. Thomas, Aruba, Cabo San Lucas, Rio De Janeiro, Kauai, Cancun, the Mexican Rivera, Las Vegas and Reno.
    I have to say my favorite place was St. Thomas. We loved it there. Great people. Great food and lots to do! We visited other islands while we were there!
    I second the trip to the US Virgin Islands. We did a four day trip to St. Thomas and St. John in 2019. It was fantastic.

We don't have anything concrete planned, but as avid National Park visitors, we have a couple of trips that we are always tentatively planning:

1. Yellowstone, Grand Teton, and Glacier National Parks. Our son goes to college in eastern Idaho, and so we talk about flying out to pick him up at the end of the semester and spending a week hitting these.

2. North Dakota/South Dakota. There are a few National Parks/Monuments out there. Teddy Roosevelt National Park, Wind Cave, Mt. Rushmore. Clearly, we would need to wait until the Spring to do these. Maybe late summer or early fall.

3. Big Bend and Carlsbad Caverns National Parks. These are not really close together, but that's OK. The journey is part of the fun!

4. I always have a trip planned in my head to go to England or France or Spain. I have never been outside of North/Central America (unless Hawai'i counts?), and I want to see some castles!

5. Greece. I have a friend who passed away a few years ago from a malignant brain tumor. I had been his youth pastor at church about 15 years ago. He graduated, joined the Navy, got married/divorced, saw the world. As I visited him at Bethesda Medical Center, he told me that the islands of Greece were the most beautiful places he had ever seen, and he made me promise to go visit them for him. I must keep that promise.
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

Post Thanks / Like

Been to Vero Beach and to our own island, Hilton Head for DVC stays. Been trying to do things nearby when possible or just enjoy the place we moved to for a change.

6. Likes Cinderelley liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

We actually just booked for a week at BLT for June 2021. It's not our ideal time, but it works for our children as they get older. Fingers crossed that we will be back to some semblance of realty by then. Its just a shame because I'm sure Disney wanted to go big for the 50t anniversary celebration, but they probably can't. We'll see...if not then 2022!
    Beth & David

09/82 Treehouse Villas, 06/86 BVP, 10/95 CBR, 10/99 DI, 08/03 PORS, 10/05 POP, 11/06 AKL, 09/09 POLY, 10/10 Wonder, 05/11 Dream/PORS, 08/13 POLY, 11/13 GF, 04/15 POLY, 11/15 BLT, 11/16 Aulani, 03/17 BLT, 08/18 BLT, 07/19 AKL, 06/21 BLT

8. Likes Cinderelley liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

We don't have any vacations currently on the books. We have however traveled to St. Thomas, Aruba, Cabo San Lucas, Rio De Janeiro, Kauai, Cancun, the Mexican Rivera, Las Vegas and Reno.
    I have to say my favorite place was St. Thomas. We loved it there. Great people. Great food and lots to do! We visited other islands while we were there! Kauai was very nice too except for the flight there and back. We had awful turbulence both flights. We stayed in Princeville on the north end of the island. It was very relaxing and peaceful. Enjoy your daydreaming! I often daydream of returning to St. Thomas
    Were they cruises? If not, how long did you stay in each?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azcavalier View Post
    I second the trip to the US Virgin Islands. We did a four day trip to St. Thomas and St. John in 2019. It was fantastic.

We don't have anything concrete planned, but as avid National Park visitors, we have a couple of trips that we are always tentatively planning:

1. Yellowstone, Grand Teton, and Glacier National Parks. Our son goes to college in eastern Idaho, and so we talk about flying out to pick him up at the end of the semester and spending a week hitting these.

2. North Dakota/South Dakota. There are a few National Parks/Monuments out there. Teddy Roosevelt National Park, Wind Cave, Mt. Rushmore. Clearly, we would need to wait until the Spring to do these. Maybe late summer or early fall.

3. Big Bend and Carlsbad Caverns National Parks. These are not really close together, but that's OK. The journey is part of the fun!

4. I always have a trip planned in my head to go to England or France or Spain. I have never been outside of North/Central America (unless Hawai'i counts?), and I want to see some castles!

5. Greece. I have a friend who passed away a few years ago from a malignant brain tumor. I had been his youth pastor at church about 15 years ago. He graduated, joined the Navy, got married/divorced, saw the world. As I visited him at Bethesda Medical Center, he told me that the islands of Greece were the most beautiful places he had ever seen, and he made me promise to go visit them for him. I must keep that promise.
    I have a trip to South Dakota planned for this coming fall. I'm hoping everything will have opened by then.

I have always wanted to go to Greece. You defiinitely have a good reason to do it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by baldburke View Post
    We actually just booked for a week at BLT for June 2021. It's not our ideal time, but it works for our children as they get older. Fingers crossed that we will be back to some semblance of realty by then. Its just a shame because I'm sure Disney wanted to go big for the 50t anniversary celebration, but they probably can't. We'll see...if not then 2022!
    I wanted them to go big for the 50th anniversary. I was planning on celebrating my 50th birthday with them.

12. Likes baldburke liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My family is headed to Pigeon Forge/Smoky Mts. the week after Christmas. We will visit Dollywood and mostly just relax in the mountains.
    Jeff

14. Likes Cinderelley liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

None of our trips were cruises. We actually have never done a cruise. Not something my hubby wants to do. My DD and I hope to do one when she gets back to work at Disney. We usually stayed a week to 10 days at each place. Gave us time to relax and always tour the area
    Last edited by Zippy 1; 11-17-2020 at 10:02 AM. Reason: goofed

16. Likes Cinderelley liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

None of our trips were cruises. We actually have never done a cruise. Not something my hubby wants to do. My DD and I hope to do one when she gets back to work at Disney. We usually stayed a week to 10 days at each place. Gave us time to relax and always tour the area
    I love cruising.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cinderelley View Post
    I wanted them to go big for the 50th anniversary. I was planning on celebrating my 50th birthday with them.
    I hope it will be an option for both of us in 2021. BTW, I'm also turning 50 next year. Happy Birthday!
    Beth & David

09/82 Treehouse Villas, 06/86 BVP, 10/95 CBR, 10/99 DI, 08/03 PORS, 10/05 POP, 11/06 AKL, 09/09 POLY, 10/10 Wonder, 05/11 Dream/PORS, 08/13 POLY, 11/13 GF, 04/15 POLY, 11/15 BLT, 11/16 Aulani, 03/17 BLT, 08/18 BLT, 07/19 AKL, 06/21 BLT

19. Likes Cinderelley liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I love cruising.
    Ditto on that! Although I've only ever done DCL. Maybe I'm missing out? Maybe in 2022...
    Beth & David

21. Likes Cinderelley liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope it will be an option for both of us in 2021. BTW, I'm also turning 50 next year. Happy Birthday!
    Happy Birthday to you too!

23. Likes baldburke liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Ditto on that! Although I've only ever done DCL. Maybe I'm missing out? Maybe in 2022...
    I have never gone on a DCL cruise. They just seemed too overpriced to me, and we loved Royal Caribbean.

25. Likes baldburke liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have never gone on a DCL cruise. They just seemed too overpriced to me, and we loved Royal Caribbean.
    This. We have looked at cruises (we have never been), and when we price them out, DCL is not just a little more expensive, but a LOT more expensive. And I'm not comparing DCL to bargain/cheap lines like Carnival. I'm talking the nice ones like Royal Carribean or Norweigan. My wife and I would like to do an Alaskan Cruise.
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

27. Likes baldburke liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

This. We have looked at cruises (we have never been), and when we price them out, DCL is not just a little more expensive, but a LOT more expensive. And I'm not comparing DCL to bargain/cheap lines like Carnival. I'm talking the nice ones like Royal Carribean or Norweigan. My wife and I would like to do an Alaskan Cruise.
    Ha...great minds think alike! I was thinking the same thing. I'm sure Royal Caribbean is on par with DCL. According to the 2020 US News categories, it looks like DCL, RC, Seabourn and Viking take the top honors. I've heard of Viking, but not Seabourn. Norwegian ranks for the money, I'm just not sure that Carnival would be for me. Maybe 25 years ago if I had gone. However, I've got to say that everyone should do a DCL cruise at least once if they can if only to see the Disney magic on the water.
    Beth & David

Post Thanks / Like

Alaskan cruises are amazing. I highly recommend getting a balcony if you do an Alaskan cruise, and you can afford it. It is the only cruise I've been on that I think a balcony is really important.
    If you can't afford it though, there are a lot of places to watch the scenery around the ships.

Post Thanks / Like

Ha...great minds think alike! I was thinking the same thing. I'm sure Royal Caribbean is on par with DCL. According to the 2020 US News categories, it looks like DCL, RC, Seabourn and Viking take the top honors. I've heard of Viking, but not Seabourn. Norwegian ranks for the money, I'm just not sure that Carnival would be for me. Maybe 25 years ago if I had gone. However, I've got to say that everyone should do a DCL cruise at least once if they can if only to see the Disney magic on the water.
    I have been tempted a few times, mostly because DS1 is such a huge Star Wars fan. I got a little disenfranchised with Royal Caribbean when their CEO decided to get into politics with the covid thing. I just think companies should do what they are meant to do and stay out of politics. I will probably try out a few other lines now. Maybe I will give DCL a shot.

31. Likes baldburke liked this post

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: