Quantcast Sea Racyers/ Mouse Boats

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sea Racyers/ Mouse Boats

We would like to try out the little speed boats on our arrival days, but I'm having a hard time finding the locations daily times. Does anyone know this information? HAs anyone done this before? Which location is best? Any tips would be great.
    Thanks, everyone for your time and help.

Lisa

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

You can find it on MDE under things to do. Then look under sports and recreation. Then motorized boats. You will find prices and info there

Post Thanks / Like

From the Disney Web site:

Pilot Your Own Adventure
    Whether you have a need for speed or crave a relaxing excursion, we’ve got a boat just right for you. Cast off with your crew—enjoying theme park views and natural surroundings as you cruise our scenic lakes, lagoons and inlets.

Choose from a variety of watercraft:

Sea Raycer by Sea Ray® – seats up to 2 Guests; $32 per half-hour
    Climb aboard and have a blast on these mini-speedboats. Drivers must be at least 12 years of age and at least 5 feet tall. Younger Guests may ride as passengers. Maximum weight: 320 pounds. Parent or guardian signature required for all drivers 12 to 18 years of age.
    Boston Whaler® Montauk – seats up to 6 Guests; $45 per half-hour
    Chart a course for fun on one of these easy-to-pilot, versatile and roomy boats. Drivers must be at least 18 years of age. Maximum weight: 1,650 pounds. These boats are restricted to the waterway in which they were rented.
    Sun Tracker® Pontoon boats – seats up to 10 Guests; $45 per half-hour
    Smooth and spacious, the perfect choice for larger parties. Drivers must be at least 18 years of age. Maximum weight: 1,900 pounds.
    Rental Details

Reservations are not required; rentals are available on a first-come, first-served basis
    Guests must be 18 or over to rent a boat and present a valid Resort ID plus a valid driver's license, state-issued ID or Military ID
    Onboard smoking is not permitted
    Passengers must wear the complimentary life jackets provided
    Marina Locations

Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort
    Disney's Beach Club Resort
    Disney's Beach Club Villas
    Disney's Contemporary Resort
    The Cabins at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort
    The Campsites at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort
    Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
    Disney's Polynesian Village Resort
    Disney's Polynesian Villas & Bungalows
    Disney's Wilderness Lodge
    Disney's Yacht Club Resort
    The Villas at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
    I don't know exact hours of operation but, typically, they are available during daylight hours at the locations noted. Any of the locations around the Magic Kingdom would be a good place to rent. In the past, we've rented the little boats (Sea Racyrs). The last couple of times, we rented a pontoon boat.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

The hours change with the seasons but are generally 10am to 1 hr before sunset or 6pm whichever is first. In winter they usually close nearer 5pm. Summer openings can be 11am. You really have to check when you are there.
    26 years staying at the Polynesian
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday...
    Twenty six straight years staying at the Polynesian
    Next trip: October 2018

Post Thanks / Like

Do they specify very clearly where you can and can't go? I have a 15 year old and a new 12 year old, and I would let them each get their own boat (with me in my own as well) but I'm worried my two clowns would get zipping around and end up smashing into a ferry!
    ~ Carolyn ~ aka "CANADA!"
    Every year since 1979! Annual Passholder in CANADA!

* Old Key West
    * Saratoga Springs
    * Boardwalk
    * Coronado Springs
    * Contemporary & Bay Lake Tower
    * Caribbean Beach
    * Port Orleans Riverside
    * Fort Wilderness
    * Pop Century
    * All Star Music Movies & Sports

Post Thanks / Like

I'm pretty sure that you are required to have a valid driver's license to drive the boats..... So I'm not sure your 2 clowns would be able to zip around on their own!! That being said, there are plenty of signs around to tell you where you can and cannot go. Stay away from the rocks, the big boats have the right-of-way, and stay away from the water skiing area (marked with buoys) near the Contemporary. And observe the no-wake signs, of which there are a few going over the bridge between the 2 lakes.

But if your plan is to have your kids driving the Sprites, I don't think they'll be able to at this time.

Post Thanks / Like

From the Walt Disney World website:

Drivers must be at least 12 years of age and at least 5 feet tall. Younger Guests may ride as passengers. Maximum weight: 320 pounds. Parent or guardian signature required for all drivers 12 to 18 years of age.
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks. It's been awhile since we've done the Sprites, so I must have remembered wrong. Looks like you need someone 18 and older with a valid license to rent the boats, not necessarily drive them. So have fun!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ThanxForNoticin View Post
    Thanks. It's been awhile since we've done the Sprites, so I must have remembered wrong. Looks like you need someone 18 and older with a valid license to rent the boats, not necessarily drive them. So have fun!!
    I seem to recall there was a time when they changed the policy and would only allow those with valid driver's licenses to drive them. It looks like, somewhere along the line, they changed the policy again to what they are posting now.
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone!

Post Thanks / Like

You have to be 13 years old to drive these by yourself. My daughter did this on her 13th birthday last year and loved it! We love doing it at the Grand Floridian since it’s off to the side of the Seven Seas lagoon you don’t worry about the boats that much there. She drove a bit on that side of the lagoon til she hot comfortable and then went all over. The boats are good about staying away and the ferry isn’t near that side either. Have fun!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: