Quantcast Hershey, Harrisburg, Lancaster, PA

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hershey, Harrisburg, Lancaster, PA

Hello everyone!

After a couple of months of trying to decide where to take a short 3 night trip that our young grandchildren might enjoy, I think we have settled on Dutch Wonderland in Lancaster, PA. We would, however, also like to do some things in the Hershey & Harrisburg area. We are planning on going at the very beginning of August for a few days, but have never been to PA and know absolutely nothing about the area. I have heard great things about Dutch Wonderland for little ones. My grandson is 5 and my granddaughter is 23 months. My DH and DS would love to visit some breweries in the area also. I am thinking Harrisburg is probably the best place.

I was wondering if anyone here is from this area, or has knowledge on the best place(s) to stay. I would like to be in an area that is close to food, shopping, etc... I like hustle and bustle! I would appreciate any help, any ideas, and all suggestions!

Thank you very much in advance!!
    '92 Port Orleans, '94 Condo/Off Site, '97 All Star Sports, '01 All Star Movies, '04 Pop Century, '07 Off Site, '07 All Star Music, '09 April Pop Century, '10 Pop Century, '12 All Star Sports,'14 AoA, '15 POP, '17 POP
    "A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes When You're Fast Asleep." Cinderella

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

A very good place to eat that is scattered across the area you are visiting is Hoss's steak and seafood restaurant. Good salad bar and great customer service. Harrisburg has the National Civil War Museum. In Hershey don't miss Chocolate World. It's free.
    First visit 1976
    Offsite 1982/1985/2000
    Disneyland July 1996
    AKL 2002/Sept 2011
    Paradise Pier-DL July 2005
    Contemporary Sept 2006/Nov 2014
    Port Orleans-Riverside Sept 2008/July 2014/Nov 2018
    Port Orleans-FQ-Nov 2012
    Paradise Pier-DLH DL 2013/2015/2017 and D-23 Expo

4. Thanks tinkerbell615 thanked for this post
    Likes tinkerbell615 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you "BrowncatP"! I appreciate your response!
    '92 Port Orleans, '94 Condo/Off Site, '97 All Star Sports, '01 All Star Movies, '04 Pop Century, '07 Off Site, '07 All Star Music, '09 April Pop Century, '10 Pop Century, '12 All Star Sports,'14 AoA, '15 POP, '17 POP

Post Thanks / Like

We've stayed at the Hershey Lodge for a long weekend and it was nice. It might be a little pricier than a standard hotel, but it will certainly give you a little bit of a Disney feel. The folks are very friendly and they have transportation and there are both indoor and outdoor pools to keep the kids busy. Plus its probably more central if you are going in between Harrisburg and Lancaster.

Your grandchildren at five and less than two might be too young for Hershey park. They do have children's rides for the five year old and they have the water park onsite, but there are quite a few coasters so you may not get the same bang for your buck there with young ones. However Hershey World, as noted by BrownCatP, would be great for young ones. Plus Hershey has a zoo.

We did Dutch Wonderland with our young ones years ago and they certainly enjoyed it. I can't say what it's like today, but Hershey actually owns that park too so you can't go wrong! Also when you are in Lancaster you might want to consider the Strasburg Railroad. That is fun for a five year old boy. Plus the Railroad Museum of Pennsylvania is right across the street. Good luck!
    Beth & David

09/82 Treehouse Villas, 06/86 BVP, 10/95 CBR, 10/99 DI, 08/03 PORS, 10/05 POP, 11/06 AKL, 09/09 POLY, 10/10 Wonder, 05/11 Dream/PORS, 08/13 POLY, 11/13 GF, 04/15 POLY, 11/15 BLT, 11/16 Aulani, 03/17 BLT, 08/18 BLT, 07/19 AKL, 06/21 BLT

7. Thanks tinkerbell615 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by baldburke View Post
    We've stayed at the Hershey Lodge for a long weekend and it was nice. It might be a little pricier than a standard hotel, but it will certainly give you a little bit of a Disney feel. The folks are very friendly and they have transportation and there are both indoor and outdoor pools to keep the kids busy. Plus its probably more central if you are going in between Harrisburg and Lancaster.

Your grandchildren at five and less than two might be too young for Hershey park. They do have children's rides for the five year old and they have the water park onsite, but there are quite a few coasters so you may not get the same bang for your buck there with young ones. However Hershey World, as noted by BrownCatP, would be great for young ones. Plus Hershey has a zoo.

We did Dutch Wonderland with our young ones years ago and they certainly enjoyed it. I can't say what it's like today, but Hershey actually owns that park too so you can't go wrong! Also when you are in Lancaster you might want to consider the Strasburg Railroad. That is fun for a five year old boy. Plus the Railroad Museum of Pennsylvania is right across the street. Good luck!
    Thank you so much! I have looked at Hershey Lodge, but think we might need to do something a little more budget friendly for us this time, although, I would really like to stay there some day when the kids are a little older. Looking for hotels is just overwhelming me for some reason. I am much better at planning a Disney vacation. lol

I think we will certainly need to do the Strasburg Railroad. My grandson will probably love that!

Thank you, again!

9. Likes baldburke liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If you never been to Hershey, drive around the town and make sure to pay attention to the street lights.. They are shaped like Hershey Kisses....

I haven't been to Hershey in years... Hmmm, maybe I need a trip out there just for Chocolate World!!!
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

11. Thanks tinkerbell615 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you, DizneyFreak2002! I will be certain to pay attention!! So cute!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: