Quantcast NYC help!

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: NYC help!

Post Thanks / Like

Default NYC help!

I am trying to book a 3 night stay in NYC for the second week in Dec. I am completely and totally out of my element! I am not very familiar with NYC, having only had one day trip there about 5 years ago. There are so many hotels to choose from and I don't even know where to start!

Looking for something clean and safe, not too expensive (would love to stay at $300 a night if possible), close to subway for easy transportation. Any advice on where I should focus my search? Any hotels that are recommended?

Here are some things we would like to do: 9/11 memorial site, Times Square, possibly a broadway show, the Christmas window displays, radio city music hall Christmas show, central park, the big Christmas tree. Typical holiday tourist things!
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I would suggest a hotel in midtown. So somewhere in the 50s between Madison and Broadway. That will allow you to walk to Rockefeller Center, Radio City, Times Square, Central Park, etc. If you are not too familiar with the city, I'd advise against a hotel in Times Square, it can be overwhelming.

I go to NYC usually once a year, sometimes twice, and am loyal to the Omni Berkshire Place at 52nd and Madison, I just stayed there at the end of March and it was $199 and am staying again in July for $270 - AAA rate both times. Their service is outstanding and there is a little convenience store/deli across the street perfect for grabbing breakfast to have in your room or a quick soda/water/etc. - definitely a money-saver.
    DVC Member
    Boston, MA and Celebration, FL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyFan1979 View Post
    I would suggest a hotel in midtown. So somewhere in the 50s between Madison and Broadway. That will allow you to walk to Rockefeller Center, Radio City, Times Square, Central Park, etc. If you are not too familiar with the city, I'd advise against a hotel in Times Square, it can be overwhelming.

I go to NYC usually once a year, sometimes twice, and am loyal to the Omni Berkshire Place at 52nd and Madison, I just stayed there at the end of March and it was $199 and am staying again in July for $270 - AAA rate both times. Their service is outstanding and there is a little convenience store/deli across the street perfect for grabbing breakfast to have in your room or a quick soda/water/etc. - definitely a money-saver.
    Thanks for those suggestions. I am a fan of Omni hotels, so I'll check it out!
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Roosevelt isn't too bad.
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite