Quantcast Atlanta/"hot"lanta weekend suggestions :-)

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Question Atlanta/"hot"lanta weekend suggestions :-)

Hello Intercoters!

I plan to be in Atlanta (first time ever, besides the airport) for the weekend of 19Oct-21Oct visiting my daughter for her 22nd birthday I plan on taking a very early flight from NY on the 19th, and a later evening flight back to NY on the 21st. Her birthday is on the 20th. I am open to all suggestions we should see in this jam packed short weekend, including places to eat, drink and sleep!! Thanks in advance, I can't wait to hear what you come up with!!

Kindly,
    mickeymousedabomb1 (Marcy)

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Just be prepared for your return. Hartfield is a nightmare airport. Flights running late, issues, etc. So, just plan good time for your return, and be ready to have to work some flights, just in case.

Other than that, have a great time.
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the heads up! I’ve flown in and out of this airport before and haven’t encountered any issues, so fingers crossed for continued good luck :-)

Post Thanks / Like

The Georgia Aquarium, World of Coca Cola and CNN Center are all close to each other within walking distance. The Fernbank Museum is worth seeing. I think you can get a City Pass ticket book with all of those attractions at a reasonable price. If you don't mind driving just a little, Stone Mountain Park is pretty cool and worth the ride over.

The Embassy Suites Centennial Park is right there next to those attractions as well as Centennial Park. It is a pretty nice hotel and convenient. The Hampton Inn Downtown and Hilton Atlanta are also in that area. I have stayed in the Embassy suites a number of times and been pleased. The Hampton Inn and Hilton I have stayed in once each for only a night or two and they were nice as well.

I'm not a big foodie so I don't remember restaurants all that well but the one that stands out in my memory in Atlanta is McCormick and Schmicks. It is also in the CNN center. We ate there once and it was fantastic.

6. Thanks mickeymousedabomb1 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

All great information!! Thanks so much

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1DisneyNut View Post
    World of Coca Cola...
    I did the voice over for the Librarian in one of the audio stories you listen to. I've never gotten to hear my work, but it's fun to know I'm immortalized in a museum!
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1DisneyNut View Post
    ...McCormick and Schmicks. It is also in the CNN center. We ate there once and it was fantastic.
    The original McCormick & Schmick's is in Portland, Oregon. They bought a 100 year old Crab restaurant and have continued the tradition in great style. The food is wonderful!!!
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Isabella View Post
    I did the voice over for the Librarian in one of the audio stories you listen to. I've never gotten to hear my work, but it's fun to know I'm immortalized in a museum!
    That is awesome!

11. Thanks Isabella thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Falcons or Hawks tickets!
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

I live in Atlanta and at this point, am very used to being tour guide for friends and family visiting!

World of Coke, the Aquarium, and the MLK historic sight are the touristy must-do's in my opinion. Then I recommend getting out of Downtown ASAP! It's my least favorite part of my great city. Stay in Midtown instead. There's a lovely Hyatt on 10th Street and Peachtree. From there, you're in a very walkable area to Piedmont Park, restaurants and the MARTA train.

If you enjoy nature, our Botanical Garden in Piedmont Park is beautiful and a lovely way to spend a morning or afternoon. There are street bikes you can rent through an app for a nominal fee and plenty of bike paths throughout the city. The Beltline is a great path to explore the city. You can take it from Piedmont Park to Krog Street Market and enjoy food and shopping along the way at Ponce City Market. Do you like breweries? There is a new one called New Realm which is right on the Beltline with great city skyline views, especially at sunset. They have really good food there too, so even if you don't like beer, it's worth it. A local favorite is King of Pops popsicles which are perfect for a hot day and you can usually find one of their stands in Piedmont Park, along the Beltline, or go to their brick and mortar location. Also, see an Atlanta United (soccer) game!
    1986 & 1990 - off-site
    1988 - Dixie Landings
    1995 - Euro Disney - Hotel New York
    2001 - CBR
    2008 - POP
    March & May 2016 - POP
    July 2016 - CSR
    Sept 2016 - CSR
    Nov 2016 - POFQ & WL
    March 2017 - POR
    May 2017 - POR
    Upcoming trip: Nov 2019

Post Thanks / Like

Wow GeorgeOfTheJungle, these are fantastic options for our mother daughter weekend!! I appreciate all the tips so much!! I will definitely take advantage of booking the hotel you Suggested in Midtown. I was looking at midtown anyways because I heard that was the better section in Atlanta to stay in😊😊

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: