Quantcast Where are YOU headed?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Where are YOU headed?

So we are on a little Disney hiatus, waiting for some of the construction to be over etc. and we have some fun trips booked this year.

-3 day cruise out of Miami in March on Royal Caribbean's Enchantment of the Seas (first time staying in a Grand Suite, pretty excited, wish it was longer than 3 days!)
    -In May we are headed back to Alaska on Celebrity's Solstice for a week round trip out of Seattle, ironically on this trip we are keeping it cheap and don't even have a balcony-we'll see how that pans out.
    -Early Sept I'm headed with my mom and dad on a Norway Fijords cruise for a week-so excited, never been to that area.

So where are you going other than WDW?
    Janet, aka JanetMegan

Scrapbooking-There is a fine line between a mental illness and a hobby.

2. Likes John liked this post
  3.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Looking like a stay-cation here - need to work on the house so we can enjoy it more! Just got back from a few days in NYC. Might do a few quick trips to Savannah and overnight trips to Disney or Universal.
    John - aka. The Master Control Program
    Owner, Chairman & Chief Imagination Officer - INTERCOT

Post Thanks / Like

I'm headed on some work-related travel to National Harbor outside DC in late March, and then husband and I are headed to Orlando for Universal (with some Disney dining thrown in!). Otherwise, not a lot of travel planned yet but we usually head to the south Jersey shore in the summer time, or head out to Cape Cod.
    ~Nikki~
    Last Trip: February 2024
    Next Trips: April 2024

Post Thanks / Like

The kids and I are headed to Disney in late May\early June for a week. That will be our main summer vacation.

Going to Georgia (Fort Benning and Atlanta) either during Easter break or sometime this summer. DH wants to go see the new-ish Infantry museum at Fort Benning and we will just make a weekend trip out of it.

Hoping to find an available 3-4 day weekend to go to the beach this summer, anywhere between Pensacola and Destin, Florida.

DH is going on an elk hunting trip in New Mexico in the fall.

Planning a trip to Philadelphia for the Army\Navy football game, along with a few nights in NYC in December.

Already starting to plan what we want to do next year!
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Looking like a stay-cation here - need to work on the house so we can enjoy it more! Just got back from a few days in NYC. Might do a few quick trips to Savannah and overnight trips to Disney or Universal.
    How far is it now for you to drive from HH to WDW? We are looking at moving to Central FL but also considering your area.
    Janet, aka JanetMegan

Scrapbooking-There is a fine line between a mental illness and a hobby.

Post Thanks / Like

Disney's Hilton Head Island to Disney's Old Key West Resort is 5 hours 8 minutes without potty stops (yeah, right ) 337.1 miles.
    KAY

DVC MEMBER - OKW & HHI
    First trip to WDW - Dec, 2005
    Last visit to Disneyland - 2014

First trip to Disneyland - 1955

Post Thanks / Like

Mid-August! Options are limited with high school and college age kids. It will be hot but maybe crowds will be lighter with southern schools back in session earlier. Crowds weren't too bad when we did it in 2013.
    Beth & David

09/82 Treehouse Villas, 06/86 BVP, 10/95 CBR, 10/99 DI, 08/03 PORS, 10/05 POP, 11/06 AKL, 09/09 POLY, 10/10 Wonder, 05/11 Dream/PORS, 08/13 POLY, 11/13 GF, 04/15 POLY, 11/15 BLT, 11/16 Aulani, 03/17 BLT, 08/18 BLT, 07/19 AKL, 06/21 BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheDuckRocks View Post
    Disney's Hilton Head Island to Disney's Old Key West Resort is 5 hours 8 minutes without potty stops (yeah, right ) 337.1 miles.

We want to try the Hilton Head.

We are considering several alternatives.
    For us, we are looking at Hawaii, or a big hunt/fish trip in Alaska. Perhaps some other destinations in the NW. The DW wants to see a variety things, I just want to hit Thunder Ranch.
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

We are also taking a Disney break this year and probably the next 2-3 years after that. I leave in April for 5 weeks to central Texas to help my sister who's having a hip replacement. Later this year we are spending 10 days in the southwest including several days at Grand Canyon.
    Life is always better when you mix in a little MOUSE
    1981 1986 1990 2000 2003 off site
    1994 1998 All Star Music,
    2002 All Star Movies,
    2004 2005x2 2012 2013 2019 POR
    2007 2012 2014 2016 2019 Pop
    2008 ASMu Suites
    2014 2017 CBR
    2015 AoA Cars
    2017 AKLx2
    2018 Grand Canyon

Post Thanks / Like

2018 - Disney World in May and in October. Adding on a Caribbean cruise with Royal Caribbean.
    2019 - Japan to visit my brother who is stationed there. (probably at the end of March for the cherry blossoms) Will most likely throw in a visit to Tokyo Disney. I will stop in Hawaii to visit my friend who lives there on my way to Japan or on my way back home.
    2020 - Family reunion trip -Alaskan cruise on Royal Caribbean to celebrate my son's graduation.
    2021 - WDW to see the Star Wars stuff.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

13. Likes baldburke liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd like to do 2020 Japan, for the summer Olympics.
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings

Post Thanks / Like

This year we're going out west for a couple weeks. Will be seeing Los Angeles, the Grand Canyon and then finally getting to Las Vegas.

Then later this year a few days in NYC.
    Offsite...(12/97 & 10/99)
    DL...(10/02 & 5/05)
    CBR/Disney Wonder 2004, AllStar Music 2004, AKL 2006, POP 2006, POP 2007, Poly 2007, BWI 2007, WL 2008, CSR 2009, Poly 2009, CBR 2010, AKL 2011...

Post Thanks / Like

I'm headed to Hawaii (Aulani) for my 50th in October. Over the summer, I'll be at a conference in Denver and probably catching up with Mousefever (Amy) while I'm there.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

17. Likes BriarRose0708 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by texas211 View Post
    We want to try the Hilton Head.

We are considering several alternatives.
    For us, we are looking at Hawaii, or a big hunt/fish trip in Alaska. Perhaps some other destinations in the NW. The DW wants to see a variety things, I just want to hit Thunder Ranch.
    If you go to Hawaii, I would recommend the island of Kauai. We just spent a week there and it was amazing. Lots of outdoors things to do and not very touristy or crowded. If you spend some extra money, you can take a helicopter tour that lands at the "Jurrassic Park waterfall".
    AP Platinum/Florida resident

Post Thanks / Like

We're going to the Grand Canyon in April. DH is hiking down to stay overnight at Phantom Ranch, then hiking back up the next day. Me, I can barely walk more than a couple steps, so I'll have the time to myself in the Bright Angel Cabins. After that, nothing until our annual Thanksgiving at Disney's Hilton Head Resort, although I'm thinking of a solo trip to the Polynesian Villas. I've taken lots of solo trips, and DH supports it-gives him an excuse to make a golf trip to Alabama!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ryca1dreams View Post
    If you go to Hawaii, I would recommend the island of Kauai. We just spent a week there and it was amazing. Lots of outdoors things to do and not very touristy or crowded. If you spend some extra money, you can take a helicopter tour that lands at the "Jurrassic Park waterfall".
    Thanks for the heads up. We've been to Hawaii several times. I prefer Maui. Mostly b/c I like the Grand Wailea the best, and its a good compromise b/w LA on an island and Jurassic Park (Honolulu and Kauai). Though it depends how haole my wife is going to be.
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings

Post Thanks / Like

Just got back from out West. We did California Grand Canyon and Vegas all in one.

And we did also spend a few plus days in NYC. Enjoyed both trips.

Now we are looking to just go Midwest, Chicago to be exact. Checking hotels now as we speak.
    Offsite...(12/97 & 10/99)
    DL...(10/02 & 5/05)
    CBR/Disney Wonder 2004, AllStar Music 2004, AKL 2006, POP 2006, POP 2007, Poly 2007, BWI 2007, WL 2008, CSR 2009, Poly 2009, CBR 2010, AKL 2011...

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: