Quantcast Italy and Med Cruise Day 14-Final Sea Day

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Italy and Med Cruise Day 14-Final Sea Day

It was the last day-wahhhh. I always see this as a chance to eat and drink as much as I can-ha ha! Bloody Mark in the morning, extra snacks at lunch, you get the picture. I went ahead and packed this morning so I wouldn't have to think about it and then spent the rest of the day hanging out with new friends, checking out the ship and reading (finishing) a book I had been working on. We tried to convince our cabin steward Joe and our waiters to come home with us but no luck. The cruise was over.

The next morning we woke at 5am to loud noises as we docked and a lot of commotion outside but I think it was fairly normal for the ship coming back into the home port. Mom and Dad ate breakfast and we hauled all our own bags off the ship at 7am for a pre arranged private shuttle to the airport (about an hour.) Because of traffic our driver took us kind of back country roads and I was slightly fearful we were being kidnapped but finally I saw some planes overhead and figured we might be ok.

Security at the Rome airport is NO JOKE. We walked through and showed our passport at least 4 times and made a VERY long walk to our terminal and gate. Mom and Dad left about 11am and my flight was about noon. (non stop to Atlanta.) Much longer this time (11 hours) and being daylight the whole time it wasn't appro to pop a sleeping pill this time so to me it seemed like it took FOREVER! Finally landed in Atlanta Friday night at 5pm and took about an hour to get through Customs and get bags, shuttle to Marta (train) and then hubby picked me up at a station closer to home. Walked in the door at home at 8pm-a very long day!!

It was an amazing trip and if anyone has any questions about the ports feel free to PM me so I be sure to see them!
    Janet, aka JanetMegan

Scrapbooking-There is a fine line between a mental illness and a hobby.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I am in the de Gaulle airport waiting for our flight to Venice and catching up on your cruise report. What an amazing time!!! Thanks for sharing everything.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: