It has been reported on multiple sites that Grand Floridian management will be hosting a series of meetings on February 8th for staff to get suggestions on how to "enhance the guest experience". This is following recent rumors that have circulated about refurbishing the GF to be comparable in amenities and service to the Four Seasons. It seems the Disney Parks and Resorts Chairman Bob Chapek wants to totally redo the Grand Floridian to make it a modern luxury resort !

While I do not want to gut the Grand Floridian, I do think changes are needed. Those of you who have read these boards over the years know that Four Seasons hotels are better at providing amenities and personal service than the Grand Floridian. I thoroughly enjoyed staying at the Grand Floridian, but in comparison to my stays at Four Seasons hotels throughout the US, it did not measure up. For about the same price per room, I received better amenities and more personalized service at the Four Seasons.

So, what are your thoughts? Do you think that the GF needs to improve it luxury offerings to compete with other luxury hotels or do you think it's fine the way it is?