Quantcast Tell me all about BLT!

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tell me all about BLT!

At the end of our trip in June we added and extra night and stayed at Contemporary for the first time. We were pleasantly surprised at how much we loved it. We are headed back for Mardi Gras in 2017 and were able to book BLT by renting a friend's DVC points.

Anything we should know before we go? And tips? We are booked in a Lake View Studio. Any room requests we should have my friend make for us? We are super excited to try this new resort!!
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We really enjoyed our recent stay there. It's our home resort. We had park view, but the lake view is gorgeous and tranquil, which might just be perfect for unwinding after a long day. If you don't make it up to the Top of the World lounge (and I'm not sure you can when you rent), there is a great fireworks viewing area at the end of the walkway that connects to the Contemporary. Also, the Electric Water Pageant makes its way around starting at 9 at the Poly, 9:15 Grand Flo, and I think 10 on the Bay Lake side of the Contemporary. It might be worthwhile to take some time to rent boats and zip around Bay Lake and the Seven Seas Lagoon. We had fun with our lake/pool day, and some relaxing downtime from parks. Very easy to walk to MK (quicker than monorail).
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Can anyone go to the viewing area or only people staying there? We have a tradition of viewing wishes our last night at Disney however I just noticed there is a MVMCP that night so unless we go to that we cannot watch wishes at the park. Already have MVMCP tickets purchased for another night but am thinking about purchasing tickets for that night as well but this might be another option too if it is allowed.
    1288 very long miles to WDW!
    1958 DL-Off property
    Dec 1998 WDW-Off property-Chaperone HS Band trip
    Sep 2005 WDW-POR-25th Late Anniversary
    Apr 2010 WDW-POR-30th Anniversary!
    Aug 2012 DL-first time in 54 yrs!
    Apr 2014 DL-34th Anniversary!!
    Nov 2016 WDW-Retirement!
    Apr 2018 Disney-DGD's 1st trip!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Genie1953 View Post
    Already have MVMCP tickets purchased for another night but am thinking about purchasing tickets for that night as well but this might be another option too if it is allowed.
    You have lots of options for viewing outside the MK - 1. You can view from any of the 3 monorail resorts (my choice would be the Poly beach or GF from Gasparilla Grill).

2. You can view from the ferry dock at TTC - never done this but I have heard that it is a good spot.

3. You can go on a fireworks cruise which depending on the people in your party would be less than purchasing party tickets. While there are private voyages, we really enjoyed the Pirates & Pals Cruise out of the Contemporary resort. You meet Captain Hook & Mr Smee while filling up on desserts then off on your voyage. You are blessed to view the Electrical Water Pageant as well as wishes from a prime location and the music is piped in so you miss nothing. Upon returning to the dock - Peter Pan greets you. The only downside is it runs only specific days but you can check it out to see what happens to be available on that day.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Genie1953 View Post
    Can anyone go to the viewing area or only people staying there? We have a tradition of viewing wishes our last night at Disney however I just noticed there is a MVMCP that night so unless we go to that we cannot watch wishes at the park. Already have MVMCP tickets purchased for another night but am thinking about purchasing tickets for that night as well but this might be another option too if it is allowed.
    Keep in mind regular Wishes does not show during MVMCP time, there is a holiday version shown. If you want to see Wishes it would have to be a non-party night.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone know if a guest staying on friend's DVC points can access Top of the World lounge? I've read conflicting reports. Some say only DVC owners staying on points. Some say any guest staying at BLT on DVC points. Will I be asked to show a membership card, or will our magic bands get us in? Don't want to plan to go up there only to be turned away. Would rather know for sure up front.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by buzznwoodysmom View Post
    Does anyone know if a guest staying on friend's DVC points can access Top of the World lounge? I've read conflicting reports. Some say only DVC owners staying on points. Some say any guest staying at BLT on DVC points. Will I be asked to show a membership card, or will our magic bands get us in? Don't want to plan to go up there only to be turned away. Would rather know for sure up front.
    You're right, some have gotten up and some haven't. Personally, I was asked for my DVC card in May the first time we went up and just scanned my band and PIN the second time. This was in the same week. No rhyme or reason.

Official word is no access unless a member is present. From DVC:
    This perk is available exclusively to Members and those in their traveling party who are staying on that Member's reservation. At least one Member in the traveling party must accompany the group and present his or her current MagicBand or Key to the World card with a Disney Vacation Club Membership notation in order to gain admission to the lounge and observation deck. If the Member's MagicBand or Key to the World card doesn't display a Membership notation, a Disney Vacation Club Membership Card is required in addition to the Key to the World card to verify Membership.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

9. Likes baldburke liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Book a south lake view as its better than north
    Get a room as high up as possible

Remember were you park your car as its massive and they don't have any post markers
    Last edited by RAIDER; 08-09-2016 at 03:46 PM. Reason: To take out a line
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Offsite 1996 to 2005
    Dec 2006 2007 2008 CBR
    Dec 2009 2010 2011 2013 2014 2017 BLT
    Dec 2012 2015 2016 2018 OKW
    Dec 2017 2018 S/S
    June 2010 BCV
    June 2012 OKW

Post Thanks / Like

SBETigg,
    Me and my wife are going down this sept. celebrating her 50th and would like your opinion if possible. We did book a studio for the week with a lake view. Does it matter what floor your on concerning the views, or are there certain floors that have a better view (you recommend?) Thank you
    Scotty
    6-84/6-85-off-site,1987-DISNEYLAND,1989-DISNEYLAND (HONEYMOON) 1990-CBR, 1994-WL (5YRS), 1996-WL, 1997-BC, 1998-WL, 1999-BC (10YRS), 2001-AKL, 2005-POR, 2009-VWL (20YRS), 2010-BWV, 2011-VWL, 2012-OKW AND BLT, 2013-VERO, 2014-AULANI (25YRS) 2016-BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by buzznwoodysmom View Post
    We rented BLT points as well a few years back. From everything I've read, it sounds like they have gotten stricter with that- I believe the CM is supposed to check to make sure that you have a DVC member in the group going up...not just renting DVC points- they are looking to see if you are a member yourself. We didn't get a chance to go up (we have friends who are DVC members who we were going to go with) but I wouldn't count on being able to go up if you are not a DVC member and have the card. That said, I've read reports of DVC renters (not members) being able to get in, at least when it first opened- probably a CM not being strict.

I've heard that the view from the TTC ferry dock is one of the absolute best for viewing MK fireworks. We are hoping to be able to schedule a night to do that on our next trip.

I loved staying at BLT. We had a view overlooking the CR, and could see Epcot fireworks from a distance...that was pretty awesome. And a couple of times we saw the MK fireworks just while walking around. I loved being able to walk to the MK, and also being right there to take the monorail for our other dinner reservations. The only thing I didn't like was the bathroom floors are super slippery- be careful!
    1980-2001 CR;CBR 2001 AKL 2002 AKL 2003 AKL 2004 AKL; CB; AKL 2007 WL 2008 AKL 9/09 AKL Jambo 12/10 AKL Kidani 9/11 AKL Kidani 9/12 AKL 12/12 AKL 5/13 AKL 12/13 SS 9/14 BLT 12/14 SS 2/15 Aulani DVC 7/15 CBR 10/15 Yacht Club 12/16 DS 7/17 Aulani 01/19 POR 08/19 Yacht Club

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: