Quantcast I'm just curious - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by magicofdisney View Post
    Perhaps they're testing people's willingness to pay this much for a hard ticket event so they can jack the rates of MNSSHP and MVMCP. I'm only referencing the nighttime offering here.
    I 100% agree with this. I have a feeling those parties will be $99 (at least) this year.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I can't imagine us doing either one of those. As others have pointed out, if you stay on property you have the EMH to use. Even if we were just passing through and wanted an evening in MK, that's $600 for our family of 4. Yikes! We did MVMCP that way a few years ago. We just stayed a couple nights at AoA, did the party, then the mini golf courses and Downtown Disney. But, the party tickets came to $300, I think? I can't remember how much we paid for them. This would have been 3 years ago.
    Susanne

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by magicofdisney View Post
    Perhaps they're testing people's willingness to pay this much for a hard ticket event so they can jack the rates of MNSSHP and MVMCP. I'm only referencing the nighttime offering here.
    They don't need to test the public's willingness by doing these paid EMH... They know the publics' willingness already... They continue to jack the prices of MNSSHP and MVMCP and they always almost still sell out...

This is just another revenue stream to add to the bottom line... Just another thing they want to monetize, because they don't monetize everything else...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

TWGator Guest

I was looking over the Run Disney site today in preparation for this weekend's Star Wars run and saw something I've never noticed before. They now have a "VIP" option to pick up your race packet the morning of the race. For "only" an additional $39!!! I had to read that several times to let it sink in. $39 - more than the cost of most local 5K races - to JUST pick up your packet. I didn't see anything else included.

I love Disney, but it does seem they're trying their best to swindle every last penny from their guests.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Just to stir the pot... What about premium parking? Only right now at MK and Epcot at $35.00 a pop. It's basically just behind the handicapped parking in one section (at Epcot). I can see$10.00, but $35.00 is ridiculous.
    Marci

Many visits. Live 20 minutes from the parks.
    Work at Universal Studios in Diagon Alley. Ollivanders/ wand magic.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TWGator View Post
    I was looking over the Run Disney site today in preparation for this weekend's Star Wars run and saw something I've never noticed before. They now have a "VIP" option to pick up your race packet the morning of the race. For "only" an additional $39!!! I had to read that several times to let it sink in. $39 - more than the cost of most local 5K races - to JUST pick up your packet. I didn't see anything else included.

I love Disney, but it does seem they're trying their best to swindle every last penny from their guests.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Well, to play devil's advocate, a LOT of people have to fly in early and get an extra night of hotel room just to be able to pick up their packet the day before.

Paying $39 is far less than the cost of a night at any of the Disney hotels and if this had been publicized a couple months ago, my husband would have absolutely done this as opposed to paying an extra $125 for a night at Pop that he really doesn't need this week for the Star Wars races.
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    They don't need to test the public's willingness by doing these paid EMH... They know the publics' willingness already... They continue to jack the prices of MNSSHP and MVMCP and they always almost still sell out...

This is just another revenue stream to add to the bottom line... Just another thing they want to monetize, because they don't monetize everything else...
    . . . YET.

Give em' time.
    1971 (age 15) MK was new!
    1974 off-site (Senior Trip)
    1982 off-site
    1988 off-site
    May 2002 AS-Sports, with DW & kids
    May 2004 Pop Century
    Feb 2005 Wilderness Lodge
    Oct 2006 Pop Century
    Oct 2008 Camped at Fort Wilderness
    Feb 2010 Cruise on the Wonder
    Dec 2014 POFQ for Christmas!

Post Thanks / Like

We won't pay it. We stopped getting hoppers years ago.
    Jack Sparrow: Hide the rum

91-98 Off property
    ASMusic-99
    POFQ-01 Wildfires
    ASMovies-02,03
    Pop-04 Hurricane Jeanne
    Pop-05 Tropical Storm Arlene
    Pop-09,10,11
    Sports-12
    Pop-15

Post Thanks / Like

The early morning one doesn't appeal to me at all. You get (at most) an hour of "exclusive" time to ride 3 attractions. Depending on how many tickets they sell for this event, you may only be able to get on each of those rides once during that hour. Granted, there is a breakfast buffet included, but in order to eat there, you're going to be giving up precious early morning park time when the lines are still relatively short for most attractions. I can see where this event might appeal to off-site guests who weren't able to get a FP for 7DMT and PP on their only day at MK on their once-in-a-lifetime trip to Disney World.

I might be willing to pay for the evening event if it was just me and my husband and we were only in town for 1 day or just passing though and only had an evening available to stop at Disney World. At least with the night time event you can get in the park at 7:00 and spend a few hours doing things before your 3-hour "exclusive" time begins. I think we'd be able to get a lot more things done during the night time event. That being said, I would never pay for our whole family to attend during one of our week-long trips to Disney World.

11. Likes Eric87 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I would consider the morning having two young children, hitting those rides are a must and our FP could be used on other important attractions.

The evening, I would only do if it were my wife and I. We would attend the evening on a resort/pool day that way we're not using a park day on top of it. We'd get there in the early window to still see the parade, castle show, and fireworks. Then spend the rest of the time hitting our favorite attractions that we haven't rode together in years because of our young ones. As others mentioned, a short trip, this would benefit as well.

As long as EMH is still offered to onsite guests and these are offered on other nights I'm ok with Disney making these available. If people want to pay for it, let them spend their money. The more successful our parks are, and universal, the more this "extra" money will be reinvested into the parks and magic band technology.
    I know everyone is on this Disney is gouging the consumer kick, but a full days worth of entertainment at Disney is a great value. I recently went to Hawaii and we paid $100 a person for a Luau and they had 3 hours of entertainment, a buffet, and a free drink. I just recently saw a Bruce Springsteen concert and with tickets, parking, a drink, and sand which it was about $225 for 3 1/2 hours.
    I think Disney and Universal for that matter are starting to understand that they can charge more comparably and people are still walking away feeling good about the money spent. I hate the price increases, but we go every year because we feel like it's still worth it.
    Sorry to go off on a tangent.
    Apr 87 - Offsite
    Mar 92 - Offsite
    Jul 99 - Offsite
    Aug 99 - Fort Wilderness Cabin
    Jul 03 - ASMu
    Aug 05 - Pop Century
    May 07 - ASSp
    Aug 08 - Poly/ASMu
    Mar 09 - Pop
    Sept 10 - Pop
    Oct-Nov 11 - Pop
    Nov 13 - Wyndham Bonnet Creek
    Jun-Jul 14 - ASSp
    Jun 15 - Pop
    Aug 15 - Disneyland

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure if I am allowed to post a link, but there was an interesting article on Motley Fool's website today regarding the possible "flop" of the After Hours launch last week.

JS
    3/89 WDW
    3/02 Day trip MK
    10/02 Honeymoon WL
    3/03 Day trip DLR
    10/03 1st Ann. ASMovies
    11/04-12/04 SSR
    9/05 Grand Calif
    7/06 WDW
    1/08 A Friend's Bachelor Party DLR
    8/09 DLR w/ newborn
    10/10 Princess' 1st trip to WDW
    6/14 Littlest Princess' 1st visit to WDW
    3/16 DLR
    9/19 WDW

Post Thanks / Like

I read an article of the weekend that the first night time extra hours was a flop. 1000 guests and most were free tickets for travel agents and APH. They lost money and most surveyed so no they are not willing to pay extra .

As for me, No WAY. It is too expensive.
    Disney Cruise 2017
    AKL 2016
    PORR 2015
    Beach Club 2013
    POP Century August 2011
    Disney Cruise Dream 2011
    Cruise Disney Wonder 2006
    Wilderness Lodge, 04, 06, 08, 10
    Allstar Movies 02
    Allstar Sports 96. 98, 00
    Offsite 2015 x2, 90,89, 85

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by waymickey View Post
    I read an article of the weekend that the first night time extra hours was a flop. 1000 guests and most were free tickets for travel agents and APH. They lost money and most surveyed so no they are not willing to pay extra .

As for me, No WAY. It is too expensive.
    The 1000 number was ONE bloggers "guess." It was not an official number. They only offered a limited number of free admissions to DVC members but they did cut that off when they reached "capacity." It was also a rainy night so some of those DVC members might have skipped it or left early. By Disney's count, the event "reached capacity."
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with what everyone else is saying, and no, I wouldn't pay extra. I think it's ridiculous how they're making us pay extra and cutting down on quality. For example, they now purchase a cheaper bread for Tonga Toast. However, the old bread was what made it taste good/memorable to others (or so I've heard). Dining experiences like that should not be changed and overcharged. Ridiculous.
    "I want to be apart of your world."

All Star Music 2000-present & future

Post Thanks / Like

If I were going to Florida for a non-Disney vacation and I wanted to spend a day in the kingdom I probably would. I would find $150 to be a great deal to have 7 hours (and 3 of them relatively unbusy) in the magic kingdom at night (my favorite time) since you would not have to pay for a regular day ticket. I figure paying an extra $40 (I figure a regular park ticket for a single day would be around $110) for having the park relatively empty for the 3 hours is not an unfair price.

However I would never pay it if I were there for any length of time and already had a regular multi-day ticket.
    "Is there a 12 step program for this Mouse addiction?"

Next Trips:

11/18-11/29 Destination D:Amazing Adventures!! GF for two nights then Caribbean Beach with free dining...

Post Thanks / Like

No!
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

No no no... I can't believe that someone came up with these ideas and that people bought into the -- it's ridiculous!!! I try to frame things in a way that I see the outcome. I can't see anyone walking away from paying and attending this and honestly saying that it was worth the price.
    1998 Caribbean Beach
    2002, 2003 Off Property
    2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008 PO Riverside
    2009 :(
    2010, 2012, 2016 Polynesian

Post Thanks / Like

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by mydisneygirls View Post
    Would you really pay a $150 for extra hours at night or $69 ($59 for kids) for Early Morning Magic where you get breakfast and can ride Seven Dwarf, Pooh and Peter Pan. This is will be Tuesdays and Saturdays and does not take the place of Early Magic Hours on other days. I certainly won't.

It seems that they're eventually going to be charging for everything!!! What's going to be next....$10 a day for using the pool!!!!!!! It's getting ridiculous.
    I wouldn't pay for extra time - I'm already paying to get in so to me it seems like I'm paying twice for the same day??

It might be okay if they TRULY limited admission to say 15,000 or so. But I am sure like everything Disney, it will start off quite limited and gradually just keep increasing in numbers until people stop going. Like the parties that are waaay too packed now.

After all, posting selling number to 5 tickets below full capacity could be considered "limited", wouldn't they?
    Shannon

~It's not the number of breaths you take, it's the moments that take your breath away~
    ~You should never take more than you give~ The Circle of Life

Post Thanks / Like

Early Morning Magic runs until 10:00. Does that mean the park will already be crowded when it opens on these two non-EMH days? I've given up on EMH because of the crowds. My plan has been to get there at park-opening on non-EMH days. Now I have to avoid Tuesdays and Saturdays? Or will it spread the crowds out and actually help? Who knows. Maybe they just needed an extra breakfast venue.

Not paying extra and not happy. Things are getting too complicated.
    First trip: 1992 with sister, last trip 2018 with grandchild, not done yet!

Post Thanks / Like

I am on the Disney website now and guess what! They're selling tickets for a day in April and four days in May - 3 on Thursdays and one on a Sunday. So if an average family of 4 go, it would cost $634 FOR A TOTAL OF 3 EXTRA HOURS!!! Utter greedness. It's about time for Mr. Iger to go for a ride on the Gran Fiesta Tour and bid hasta luego!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: