Quantcast Resale Changes Eff 4/4/16 -UPDATED AGAIN?? - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

People are starting to report that the decision has been back switched again and brokers are emailing their clients. John contact your broker.

Today's email
    This note is to inform you that anyone with a contract that was received by Disney Vacation Club by the end of the day on April 3, will be grandfathered in to have the same access to Membership Extras that are available to others who have purchased DVC memberships from sources other than Disney since March 21, 2011. (Note: Those members who purchased from sources other than DVC after March 21, 2011 may not use their points for the “Disney Collection” (select Disney Resort Hotels, Disney Cruise Line and Adventures by Disney) and the “Concierge Collection” resorts. As a reminder, the Membership Extras are incidental benefits offered by DVC and are subject to change.)
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

2. Thanks WiltonJohn thanked for this post
    Likes WiltonJohn liked this post
  3.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

If true, that would certainly be fair and the right thing to do.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

5. Likes WiltonJohn liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VWL Mom View Post
    People are starting to report that the decision has been back switched again and brokers are emailing their clients. John contact your broker.
    I have been reading the same thing from multiple sources as well and was coming here to post about it, thinking of John as well. Call your broker!
    Christine șoș

Intercot Staff-Accommodations, Dining, Guests with Special Needs

Please support Intercot's Sponsors

7. Thanks WiltonJohn thanked for this post
    Likes WiltonJohn liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I heard from my broker. Disney sent out a communication to them. The decision has been reversed to contracts pending as of April 3 retain the "bennies".

All the fuss and letter writing apparently had an effect.

best,

..............john

DVC Member 2016 AKL
    After: October 2019 F+W Fest <Jambo>
    Next: March 2019 Flower and Garden Fest <Jambo>
    Last: August 2018 <Kidani>
    October 2017 F+W Fest <Kidani>
    Also: 1988, 1990, 1992, 1997, 2010, 2012, 2015, 2016
    Disneyland - 1972

Post Thanks / Like

Got our official communication in the mail yesterday.

I understand people don't like being nickeled and dimed every step of the way. As previously mentioned on this thread DVC is still a great investment if you want to regularly vacation at Disney properties.

I just wonder where DVC goes from here with with partnerings at every deluxe at WDW plus two stand alones, one at DL, Aulani and the other two east coast sites. Maybe something Star Wars themed adjacent to Hollywood Studios?
    Beth & David

09/82 Treehouse Villas, 06/86 BVP, 10/95 CBR, 10/99 DI, 08/03 PORS, 10/05 POP, 11/06 AKL, 09/09 POLY, 10/10 Wonder, 05/11 Dream/PORS, 08/13 POLY, 11/13 GF, 04/15 POLY, 11/15 BLT, 11/16 Aulani, 03/17 BLT, 08/18 BLT, 07/19 AKL, 06/21 BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by baldburke View Post
    I just wonder where DVC goes from here with with partnerings at every deluxe at WDW plus two stand alones, one at DL, Aulani and the other two east coast sites. Maybe something Star Wars themed adjacent to Hollywood Studios?
    I don't think they're looking at a stand alone right now. I think their next step will be another conversion at either YC/BC or BW similar to what they've done at Poly and WL.

Just glad this whole thing worked out for all involved but I don't think this is the last resale change we will see from them.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

Just glad this whole thing worked out for all involved but I don't think this is the last resale change we will see from them.
    I expect about a year from now (when the dust from this brough-ha-ha settles down) they will drop all of the added bennies from ALL non-direct purchases.

I think someone screwed up in saying that the pending stuff was OK... got their butt chewed...... and then trying to fix their mistake, the backtracking was a clear "faux pas" with the customers ........ but the intent is there to do so.

best,

......................john

DVC Member 2016 AKL
    After: October 2019 F+W Fest <Jambo>
    Next: March 2019 Flower and Garden Fest <Jambo>
    Last: August 2018 <Kidani>
    October 2017 F+W Fest <Kidani>
    Also: 1988, 1990, 1992, 1997, 2010, 2012, 2015, 2016
    Disneyland - 1972

Post Thanks / Like

When my sister was buying resale direct from Disney a year ago the sales rep discussed this with us. He pointed out the dropping of the other non-DVC properties that had just happened as being step one. Step 2 according to him was the dropping of the DVC Perks which we've just seen. As for the next 4 steps he said would be happening......it ain't pretty. As it is only a rumor I don't feel it is fair to say what those 4 steps are. We all have all heard many rumors in the past that we have seen not followed through on. I for one am keeping my fingers crossed that these just vanish.
    BTW - Disney direct DVC resale is a very active purchase function. There are up to one year and better wait lists for membership in most all DVC resorts currently.
    KAY

DVC MEMBER - OKW & HHI
    First trip to WDW - Dec, 2005
    Last visit to Disneyland - 2014

First trip to Disneyland - 1955

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: