Quantcast Disney After Hours - Page 5

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by missymouseworld View Post
    Someone mentioned that on the 14th, they had access from 7pm - 2am? That was longer than the 3 hours that was mentioned in the announcement. Unless I read it incorrectly.
    You can enter on your "event ticket" at 7pm, even though the exclusive access doesn't start until the park closes.

I am actually thinking about this, just for DD & I though ... we'll have to see how it plays out over the next little while.
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I believe it is 3 hours beyond the regular MK closing. So it will be either 1 am or 2 am depending.

Post Thanks / Like

Two words: EPIC FAILURE

Is it wrong I am smiling?
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

5. Likes mickeyman42 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post

Is that why they're now offering it to pass holders at half price?
    Genna
    Always Enjoy the
    ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨Magic¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨

"Now approaching, Mickey's Star Traders"

If You Can Read This...
    ...Thank The Phoenicians!

Post Thanks / Like

True

Nope

Quote Originally Posted by magicofdisney View Post
    Most probably
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by magicofdisney View Post
    Which still feels like a scam to me. If I paid $749 for an AP, why would I spend $75 for some extra hours on one night?

9. Likes jnfr2424 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yep. It's wrong. Why would it be a point of joy that they lose money and so don't invest in the park. Not something I'd be cheering.

Besides, if one is a true Disney fan why would you get glee out of failure and second why does an optional activity matter that much too you.
    26 years staying at the Polynesian
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday...
    Twenty six straight years staying at the Polynesian
    Next trip: October 2018

11. Thanks WiltonJohn, baldburke thanked for this post
    Likes WiltonJohn, baldburke, Dulcee liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Polynesian Dweller View Post
    Why would it be a point of joy that they lose money and so don't invest in the park. Not something I'd be cheering.
    One might posit that slowing down the constant increases in tickets, exclusive events, etc, is born of a love of Disney and not from some destructive place. If they wanted to have the parks open during these times, they could choose to do so. If they want them closed, they could choose to do so. They, instead, thought they could extract $149 out of a bunch of people for what amounts to an evening in the park with a few hours of limited exclusive access. As we are routinely reminded, Disney will continue raising rates, fees, and increasing the number of exclusive events until the market won't bend to their desires. If we prefer to see these sorts of trends roll back, then any sign that the market isn't lining up to throw money at them is a positive development.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tekneek View Post
    One might posit that slowing down the constant increases in tickets, exclusive events, etc, is born of a love of Disney and not from some destructive place. If they wanted to have the parks open during these times, they could choose to do so. If they want them closed, they could choose to do so. They, instead, thought they could extract $149 out of a bunch of people for what amounts to an evening in the park with a few hours of limited exclusive access. As we are routinely reminded, Disney will continue raising rates, fees, and increasing the number of exclusive events until the market won't bend to their desires. If we prefer to see these sorts of trends roll back, then any sign that the market isn't lining up to throw money at them is a positive development.
    This. Exactly. They kept looking for "the point" where people would stop paying. Looks like they found it.

Post Thanks / Like

Now that we know the park is limited to 3000 guests I would totally do this. I haven't been to WDW since they started the magic band system because I hate the idea of having to plan everything including rides in advance. If I could spend one night in MK without the need for fast pass then it's well worth it. Of course it's only a matter of time before the 3000 limit becomes 10000.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kdilkington View Post
    Of course it's only a matter of time before the 3000 limit becomes 10000.
    If they desire to find that price point, they will surely get there. As others have surmised, the impression is that by having to give tickets away and offer discounts to DVC/AP holders, this new program is a flop. My hunch is they will abandon it completely, but there is a chance they will try to find a price point that regularly sells all 3000 for each "selected date" (which might become many more, reducing the hours previously available to regular park goers eventually).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tekneek View Post
    Which still feels like a scam to me. If I paid $749 for an AP, why would I spend $75 for some extra hours on one night?
    DVC AP renewal is under $500 and this will be our third trip on our pass so we've decided to spend the extra money. IMO MK has been very crowded since DHS is basically shut down, May & October were hot which made things worse, January was so cold but still had long waits. Being able to be in the park with low crowds is just something I couldn't resist and I don't even go on most of the rides but I plan on soaking it all in. People routinely pay extra for the parties and such which is never questioned and those are packed to the gills. Different strokes for different folks.

I think the original price point was a bit high but probably would have been a better sell if released in the summer when it's extremely hot and super crowded.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

17. Likes baldburke liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

as a DVC member I would pay $75 for this for a night, but I can't see this extended beyond the announced dates so for us its a moot point as we wont be back until Aug. at $75 its kind of like going to a holiday party, but not getting to do any of the specific party things........so just like going to the parties!
    Apr 2007 - ASMu
    Apr 2008 - Offsite
    Nov 2009 - ASMu
    Feb 2011 - CBR
    Aug 2011 - ASMu
    Aug 2012 - POFQ
    Sept 2013 - POR/AKV
    Mar 2014 - AKV
    Aug 2014 - AKV
    June 2015 - VGC/Aulani
    Nov 2015 - POP
    Aug 2016 - CSR/AKV
    Oct 2017 - AKV/BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VWL Mom View Post
    \People routinely pay extra for the parties and such which is never questioned and those are packed to the gills.
    As the price has gone up (and seems like the number of tickets sold per party have been going up as well), people have complained more about the actual value of the parties. The last time I attended one, the waits were not much better than non-party. At this point, the parties are all about the party-specific parades/extras and not a chance to get some great ride time. I don't find them to have the value they once had and probably won't ever attend another.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Polynesian Dweller View Post
    Yep. It's wrong. Why would it be a point of joy that they lose money and so don't invest in the park. Not something I'd be cheering.

Besides, if one is a true Disney fan why would you get glee out of failure and second why does an optional activity matter that much too you.
    They've been making money hand over fists the past few years, and not until they have been forced to spend money on the parks have they finally decided to.

All of us here are huge fans, but we're also consumers. Consumers that are paying more and more for a product that hasn't really improved. So the failure of this is a good thing for the consumer.

We have to force disney to do better, we all know they can.
    82 - Offsite
    85- Fort Wilderness
    88- Polynesian
    96- Offsite
    97- Offsite
    98- Offsite
    08 - French Quarter
    09 - Coronado Springs
    09 - All Star Sports
    09 - Pop Century
    09 - Off Site
    10- French Quarter
    11 - All Star Sports
    14 -Coronado Springs
    15 - All Star Sports
    17 - TBD

21. Likes baldburke liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

h++p://www.themeparktourist.com/news/20160427/31907/failed-experiments-walt-disney-world

Making news. Of course it could just be people reveling in their failure.

Of course the discount is because it's not popular. They can't afford to open with only 300 people paying. If they can get 1000 at 1/2 price, it's still closer to breaking even than 300 at full price. I'm sure they are trying to decide if the PR flak for cancelling all together is worse that grasping at straws to break even. They aren't in the business of losing money...

Post Thanks / Like

This one particular event may be a failure, at least from where we're sitting now, but I can tell you first hand the parks are still absolutely jam packed to the gills. Every year we go the parks are just a bit more crowded than the year before.

Whatever they're doing and whatever we, the hardcore fans might think of it, it really doesn't matter ... until the time comes when the parks aren't absolutely teeming with paying guests nothing is going to change.

And even if attendance does drop I think we'll see it go the other way ... more cuts not less. The only thing at this point that can fix the problem is a complete and total replacement of the company leadership with a creative/customer focused group. And really why would the Board want that? The fiscals have been at historic highs for a decade now.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Look at this five year ... what possible incentive is there to change anything?

Name:  Capture.jpg
Views: 242
Size:  17.1 KB
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post

It may seem like Disney is throwing anything and everything at the wall to see what sticks, but with Disney Shanghai opening next month the house of mouse should easily add an extra billion (full year) in sales to improve cash flow. Have patience, their plan is solid.
    Beth & David

09/82 Treehouse Villas, 06/86 BVP, 10/95 CBR, 10/99 DI, 08/03 PORS, 10/05 POP, 11/06 AKL, 09/09 POLY, 10/10 Wonder, 05/11 Dream/PORS, 08/13 POLY, 11/13 GF, 04/15 POLY, 11/15 BLT, 11/16 Aulani, 03/17 BLT, 08/18 BLT, 07/19 AKL, 06/21 BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post

Do keep in mind that the 5 year stock price graph carries you back to the low point in the height of the recession. A lot of that upwards momentum is basically just the return of the economy. It basically mimics the DOW. You now see that in the last year and a half it has leveled out and started a sideways trend. I believe investors also realize they have just about milked the cow to death.

Who really knows if Shanghai is going to be an immediate success or not. It may boom but then China is on the brink of their own massive recession which could result in this park being a cash eating machine. Only time will tell.

27. Likes Tekneek liked this post
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: