Quantcast Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend Trip Day 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend Trip Day 2

Sharon and I were up at 6:15am on Tuesday, January 5, 2016, so we could get our training runs in before heading to the Magic Kingdom. After our runs, we got Mark up and all got ready.

We drove over to the Ticket & Transportation Center and walked to the Polynesian Village Resort. We had breakfast at Captain Cook's. Tonga Toast for Sharon & I! I still miss the banana-stuffed french toast from Boatwrights, though.

When I went to pay by using my MagicBand and charging to our room, the cashier said we were over our credit limit and asked if we had just checked in. I told her we had checked in late the night before. She told us they didn't add a credit limit to our account. She overrode it and said we would need to get it taken care of. I went to the registration desk at the Polynesian to see if they could fix it, which they did. I really did not want to have to go back to Riverside to have it taken care of.

After breakfast, we rode the monorail to the Magic Kingdom. I was randomly selected to go through secondary screening (walk through a metal detector). We made it into the park around 9:20am.

First up was the Jungle Cruise, which was still decorated as the Jingle Cruise. Next we rode Pirates of the Caribbean followed by a walk through the Swiss Family Tree House (first time seeing this). Waits were less than 10 minutes for the Jungle Cruise and Pirates of the Caribbean. We hung out in Adventureland until the podium opened for the Skipper Canteen so we could get a table for lunch. Our server came right out to us in the "waiting area" when the Skipper Canteen opened at 11am. We were seated in the main room. It's really cool inside, a lot of things to see. The food was decent. Mark and I had Skip's Mac & Cheese. I had a Schweitzer Slush which was really good.

After lunch, we headed over to Tomorrowland. We did Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin, where Sharon beat me, once again. The wait was about 20 minutes. We used our Fastpasses for Space Mountain next, where there was a wait for everyone (about 3 hours for standby). They only had one side working. We had to wait about 30 minutes or so.

We went back to Adventureland and rode Pirates of the Caribbean using our Fastpasses this time. Then we were off to Fantasyland where we rode "it's a small world" and then used our Fastpasses for Peter Pan's Flight. It's been a few trips since we've ridden it, and we still enjoy it.

We rode the Haunted Mansion next; we had about a 30 minute wait. After riding the Haunted Mansion, we went to Main Street and browsed the shops until dinner.

We had a 5:15pm dinner reservation at Tony's Town Square. Our server, Mark, was awesome! He had the soup written down for Sharon before she ordered it, based on her reaction when he told her what it was. I had the chicken parmigiana, which was excellent.

After dinner, we left the Magic Kingdom. We took the monorail back to the Transportation & Ticket Center and drove back to Riverside. We stopped at Riverside Mill to get refillable mugs and fill them up. We chilled in our room for a while before calling it a night sometime after 10pm.

The theming and design details in the Alligator Bayou rooms is great. We really enjoyed our room. I liked the washboard under the sinks and the crates forming the tv stand and drawers. Even the carpet was made to look like wood planks!
    Steve (aka brownie)
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations & Mousellaneous
    ASMv 4/00, 10/01, 11/03, 5/21
    ASMu 8/12, 11-12/22
    AKL 6/18
    BC 9/94
    CSR 8/14, 3-4/22
    POP 11-12/10, 3/12, 10/12, 7/17, 4/22
    POFQ 10/01
    POR 9/04, 1/16, 11/19
    WL 12/03
    Disneyland 6/07, 1/15
    Disney Dream 8/14

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice relaxed day! Did you get a chance to wander through the other dining rooms in Skipper's Canteen?
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

We didn't wander through the other rooms. We could've, we just didn't take the time to do so.
    Steve (aka brownie)
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations & Mousellaneous
    ASMv 4/00, 10/01, 11/03, 5/21
    ASMu 8/12, 11-12/22
    AKL 6/18
    BC 9/94
    CSR 8/14, 3-4/22
    POP 11-12/10, 3/12, 10/12, 7/17, 4/22
    POFQ 10/01
    POR 9/04, 1/16, 11/19
    WL 12/03
    Disneyland 6/07, 1/15
    Disney Dream 8/14

Post Thanks / Like

Nothing better than a day in the Magic Kingdom!!!!

Thanks for sharing your day!
    Julie
    Next Up:

Summer 2018... WE ARE BACK!!!
    2 families
    4 teenagers and Larry
    Taking on the parks!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: