Quantcast Symphony in the Stars Dessert Party

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Symphony in the Stars Dessert Party

Anyone have any insight into whether this will actually be worth the steep ($69!) price tag? My 4-year-old is a huge Star Wars fan and we had fun on the Pirates and Pals cruise a few years ago, but this just looks like a private area with cupcakes to see the same fireworks everyone else experiences. I don't see info on a private meet and greet with characters or any other Star Wars-related perks. Am I missing something?

Couldn't I just buy a $5 cupcake and watch from the park for the same experience?

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I attended one of the first dessert parties they started about 8 years ago. It is definitely was not worth the price (it was $39 a person then), but I was really paying for the experience, not the food per se - we didn't have to fight the crowds to see the fireworks & they had a special photopass person stationed there for castle shots.

Not sure what this dessert party offers - but $69 is a lot of money. I'd want a character or two there for that price!!!!!
    SSR & BC DVC Member
    Coming up - BWV July '18
    BWI '98, BWV '05, '08-16
    BLT - '15, '17
    Beach Club '96, BCV - '04, '06, 09
    Swan '07
    Contemporary - '91, '94, '02, '04
    Wilderness Lodge '00, VWL, 08
    Off Site - '80's

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGiant View Post
    Not sure what this dessert party offers - but $69 is a lot of money. I'd want a character or two there for that price!!!!!
    Enjoy an out-of-this-world selection of desserts and specialty drinks—including alcoholic beverage options. Nibble on Darth Vader cupcakes as you take in an up-close view of the enthralling Symphony in the Stars: A Galactic Spectacular fireworks show.

To remember the very unique evening for a long time (in a galaxy not so far, far away), you'll receive a souvenir stein featuring one of the most beloved Star Wars characters, Chewbacca.
    Name:  Screen Shot 2015-12-27 at 7.51.18 AM.jpg
Views: 329
Size:  14.3 KB
    The Force is strong with this one!

Dates
    The Symphony in the Stars: A Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party is offered on multiple nights from January 5, 2016 through March 19, 2016.

Price
    The price is $69.00 per adult (age 10 and over) and $39.00 for children (ages 3 to 9); tax and gratuity are included.
    Disney’s Hollywood Studios admission is also required and is not included in the price of the Symphony in the Stars: A Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info. I think we will have to pass... I certainly don't mind spending top dollar for a unique experience, but this seems a little lacking. We enjoyed the Pirates and Pals cruise because my son got to meet the characters and interact with them. I doubt that we will eat and drink $69 worth of dessert and alcohol within an hour, and the plastic Chewbacca mug doesn't really push it over the top for me. Also, we are going at the end of January when there will be plenty of great places to see the fireworks.

If they just had a couple of costumed characters or some interactive experience I'd be sold in a second. Seems like a missed opportunity.

6. Likes DisneyGiant liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree that this looks lame. One is always hopeful. Hey they only needed stocks and some stormtroopers.
    Boardwalk
    Animal Kingdom Jambo
    Coronado Springs
    POP
    POP
    POP
    POP
    Riverside

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: