Quantcast Morimoto Asia opens in Disney Springs- review and pics

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Morimoto Asia opens in Disney Springs- review and pics

I had the pleasure of covering the media event for INTERCOT last night at Morimoto Asia.

Prepare to be amazed at just walking up to Morimoto Asia. Walking in is a whole different experience when you see the 2-story chandeliers in the immediate center of the restaurant. Studio V's design concepts are eclectic and yet fluid. Your eyes will be drawn easily from one beautiful sculpture, photo, seating nook to the relaxing lounge, LONG sushi bar, and the gorgeous sweeping views of Disney Springs Landing.

I was able to sample a few items off the menu -the rock shrimp tempura was my favorite, very hearty and tangy. We also experienced the duck Caesar salad, chicken tempura, dumplings, crab Rangoon & chicken shumai. The white Lilly cocktail was SO crisp and refreshing and was served with a twist and dainty flower petal. They also have Morimoto's signature beer on draft.

It's quite an experience to take in. Two lounges, outdoor availability, glassed in private tables, large round tables, some nooks behind large curtains, seating at the sushi bar-- there are so many different layers to this venue that you could have different experiences at different visits. Lazy Susans on the centers of some tables encourage sampling and sharing sushi and appetizers.

The kitchen is partially visible, complete with roasting Peking duck on display.

Kids menus are available. Prices range to $48, for the signature Peking duck. Currently reservations are available through Open Table. Reservations through 407-WDW-DINE begin November 1. Hours are daily from 11:00 a.m. to 2 a.m. serving lunch, dinner and weekend brunch.

Morimoto Asia is a real jewel in the crown of Disney Springs. I would highly recommend taking the time to slow down and take in this labor of love that Chef Morimoto and the Patina Group have created. Pictures below and are available for immediate viewing on INTERCOT's social media outlets - Twitter, Facebook, & Instagram.
    Last edited by John; 09-30-2015 at 11:58 PM.
    INTERCOT Staff-
    Nightlife, Shops, Water Parks/DCL/runDisney

DVC owner- BLT, Alauni, SSR, Vero, OKW

Next:

Oct- WLV
    Nov- Vero
    Dec- BWV
    Jan- SSR runICOT WEEKEND!
    Feb- Poly
    Mar- Disney Wonder
    Apr- AKL Kidani
    May- Vero
    Sept- BLT

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Pics...
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    John Warner
    INTERCOT Staff-
    Director of Orlando Photography & Videography

DVC - BLT, SS, Aulani, Vero Bch, OKW

Post Thanks / Like

More Pics...
    John Warner
    INTERCOT Staff-

Post Thanks / Like

more...
    John Warner
    INTERCOT Staff-

Post Thanks / Like

More...
    John Warner
    INTERCOT Staff-

Post Thanks / Like

and still more...
    John Warner
    INTERCOT Staff-

Post Thanks / Like

And Finally...
    John Warner
    INTERCOT Staff-

Post Thanks / Like

Wow! Looks yummy!
    Susanne

Post Thanks / Like

WOW, looks amazing...think we'll have to try it soon.
    Jodie

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Christine View Post
    I had the pleasure of covering the media event for INTERCOT last night at Morimoto Asia.

Prepare to be amazed at just walking up to Morimoto Asia. Walking in is a whole different experience when you see the 2-story chandeliers in the immediate center of the restaurant. Studio V's design concepts are eclectic and yet fluid. Your eyes will be drawn easily from one beautiful sculpture, photo, seating nook to the relaxing lounge, LONG sushi bar, and the gorgeous sweeping views of Disney Springs Landing.

I was able to sample a few items off the menu -the rock shrimp tempura was my favorite, very hearty and tangy. We also experienced the duck Caesar salad, chicken tempura, dumplings, crab Rangoon & chicken shumai. The white Lilly cocktail was SO crisp and refreshing and was served with a twist and dainty flower petal. They also have Morimoto's signature beer on draft.

It's quite an experience to take in. Two lounges, outdoor availability, glassed in private tables, large round tables, some nooks behind large curtains, seating at the sushi bar-- there are so many different layers to this venue that you could have different experiences at different visits. Lazy Susans on the centers of some tables encourage sampling and sharing sushi and appetizers.

The kitchen is partially visible, complete with roasting Peking duck on display.

Kids menus are available. Prices range to $48, for the signature Peking duck. Currently reservations are available through Open Table. Reservations through 407-WDW-DINE begin November 1. Hours are daily from 11:00 a.m. to 2 a.m. serving lunch, dinner and weekend brunch.

Morimoto Asia is a real jewel in the crown of Disney Springs. I would highly recommend taking the time to slow down and take in this labor of love that Chef Morimoto and the Patina Group have created. Pictures below and are available for immediate viewing on INTERCOT's social media outlets - Twitter, Facebook, & Instagram.
    The restaurant looks lovely. Chef Morimoto is known for being involved in the look and feel of his restaurants as well as designing the menu, and as you can see, it shows. All of his restaurants are unique in design as well as most of the menu. Even though he has a restaurant in Philadelphia, I know when I eat at this one in WDW it will be a totally unique experience. I can't wait!
    Christine șoș

Intercot Staff-Accommodations, Dining, Guests with Special Needs

Please support Intercot's Sponsors

Post Thanks / Like

Wink

Thanks for the great preview! Looking forward to trying it someday
    Shannon

~It's not the number of breaths you take, it's the moments that take your breath away~
    ~You should never take more than you give~ The Circle of Life

Post Thanks / Like

For those of us who don't like raw seafood... are there a lot of cooked choices?
    NEXT TRIP - DCL Fantasy Oct. 2016
    Yacht Club - Oct. '14, Dec. '15
    Poly - Dec. '07, '09
    Grand Flo - Too many times to keep track!
    CBR - May '10, Oct. '10, Dec. '11
    POR - Sept & Dec '03
    AoA - Oct. '12, Dec. '13
    Pop - May '11

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SurferStitch View Post
    For those of us who don't like raw seafood... are there a lot of cooked choices?
    Here is a link to the menu from the restaurant website. As you can see, there are many cooked choices. Comparing this menu with the one for his restaurant in Philadelphia, only a couple of dishes are duplicated, and I would consider those dishes to be signature dishes at all of Morimoto's restaurants.
    Christine șoș

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Yum!

Dang! Now I'm hungry! Those food pics were amazing! Not so, the prices on the menu though...Ouch!
    First trip, Christmas 1971.
    Last Trip, Oct. 2017 - ICOT20!
    Next Trip: Planning...Always Planning

Post Thanks / Like

Great picture, thanks!

Picked up my new TIW card on Thursday and Morimoto is listed, yay.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

Yes! Just got the email with updates to TiW and saw it on there. Still no Boathouse
    INTERCOT Staff-
    Nightlife, Shops, Water Parks/DCL/runDisney

DVC owner- BLT, Alauni, SSR, Vero, OKW

Next:

Oct- WLV
    Nov- Vero
    Dec- BWV
    Jan- SSR runICOT WEEKEND!
    Feb- Poly
    Mar- Disney Wonder
    Apr- AKL Kidani
    May- Vero
    Sept- BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Weird.... I just called Morimoto Asia to ask about a December reservation.

She said I could make a December reservation, so I told her the date and time. She then said that I couldn't make a lunch reservation for December yet (I wanted 1:30 pm). She said I could make a dinner reservation. She suggested I make a dinner ressie, then call back after November 1st and change the time to lunch.

Then in the next sentence, she said that the restaurant doesn't open to the public until November 1st. I also heard another person in the background tell a patron that they didn't open until November 1st as well, even though their Facebook page states they opened September 30th.

So, what's the deal? Are they open or not? I also wasn't able to make a ressie for December on Open Table, either (lunch or dinner).

Sorry I seem so confused, but the person I spoke with was rather unclear and not very helpful.

Thanks.
    Poly - Dec. '07, '09
    POR - Sept & Dec '03
    AoA - Oct. '12, Dec. '13
    Pop - May '11

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SurferStitch View Post
    Weird.... I just called Morimoto Asia to ask about a December reservation.

She said I could make a December reservation, so I told her the date and time. She then said that I couldn't make a lunch reservation for December yet (I wanted 1:30 pm). She said I could make a dinner reservation. She suggested I make a dinner ressie, then call back after November 1st and change the time to lunch.

Then in the next sentence, she said that the restaurant doesn't open to the public until November 1st. I also heard another person in the background tell a patron that they didn't open until November 1st as well, even though their Facebook page states they opened September 30th.

So, what's the deal? Are they open or not? I also wasn't able to make a ressie for December on Open Table, either (lunch or dinner).

Sorry I seem so confused, but the person I spoke with was rather unclear and not very helpful.

Thanks.
    From what I have been able to find out, it is walk up only until November 1 and I think only for dinner. After that, you will be able to make reservations through Disney Dining. Regarding Open Table, you usually can't make reservations at a restaurant through them until 60 days out. When are you going in December?
    Christine șoș

Post Thanks / Like

They were open last week when we were there, is it possible she meant they don't open for lunch until November 1? Open Table is accepting reservations through October 1st. I believe November 1st is also the date that reservations will switch over to Disney.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
    From what I have been able to find out, it is walk up only until November 1 and I think only for dinner. After that, you will be able to make reservations through Disney Dining. Regarding Open Table, you usually can't make reservations at a restaurant through them until 60 days out. When are you going in December?
    I'm at 55 days now.
    Poly - Dec. '07, '09
    POR - Sept & Dec '03
    AoA - Oct. '12, Dec. '13
    Pop - May '11

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: