Quantcast Can anyone give me information about the child swap card?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Can anyone give me information about the child swap card?

We just book at week long trip to WDW for August and, it turns out, my sister is pregnant, so we will have a four month old baby with us for this trip. As a family of seven adults we've never had children with us in the parks so this is a whole new world for us. Can anyone give me information about the child swap card for rides? How many people can use it (I can't imagine that it would be fun for the one person that's staying with the baby to get on the ride by themselves)? Are there any other tips and tricks we should know about?

Thanks so much!
    Aryn

I am the rebel spy.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

From Disney

To Use Rider Switch:

1. Check that Rider Switch is offered at the attraction in question by asking a Cast Member.

2. Enter the normal queue with your entire party. At least one adult member of your party and the Guest who will not be riding will then be issued a Rider Switch Pass and asked to wait in a designated area. This group is “Party 2.”

3. The remaining party members, “Party 1,” ride the attraction.

4. After riding the attraction, Party 1 locates Party 2. The non-rider is then “switched” to Party 1.

5. Party 2 enters without having to wait in the regular queue a second time and boards the attraction. The Rider Switch Pass must be presented to a Cast Member at this time.

If the person in Party 2 waited alone with the child, he or she may bring one Guest back to ride the attraction with him or her. Please note: Only 2 Guests are allowed per Rider Switch Pass.

Attractions Offering Rider Switch
    Get a complete list of attractions at Walt Disney World Resort where you can use Rider Switch.
    Magic Kingdom Park
    Frontierland
    Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
    Splash Mountain

Storybook Circus
    The Barnstormer

Tomorrowland
    Space Mountain
    Stitch’s Great Escape
    Tomorrowland Indy Speedway

Epcot
    Future World
    Mission: SPACE
    Soarin'
    Test Track

Disney’s Hollywood Studios
    Rock ’n’ Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith
    Star Tours® - The Adventures Continue
    Twilight Zone Tower of Terror

Disney’s Animal Kingdom Park
    DINOSAUR
    Expedition Everest - Legend of the Forbidden Mountain®
    Kali River Rapids
    Primeval Whirl
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VWL Mom View Post
    To Use Rider Switch:

1. Check that Rider Switch is offered at the attraction in question by asking a Cast Member.

2. Enter the normal queue with your entire party. At least one adult member of your party and the Guest who will not be riding will then be issued a Rider Switch Pass and asked to wait in a designated area. This group is “Party 2.”
    This is slightly different from the way they were doing Child Swap at BTMR a few weeks ago.

Last year when we visited in October, we told the CM at the beginning of the line that we needed Child Swap and they gave us a paper Fastpass at the beginning of the line. Our son and a responsible adult took the paper FP and went to find another activity while the other adult rode.

This year when we got into the line for BTMR, the cast member gave the adult who was riding the attraction a lanyard with a large laminated card attached that said Rider Swap. I had to carry/ wear that card through the queue and give it to a 2nd CM at the loading platform who then handed me a paper FP. When I exited the attraction, I gave DH the paper FP and he could then enter through the FP+ line.
    Caribbean Beach- June 1992
    Dixie Landings- July 1994 and March 1996
    Port Orleans Riverside- June 2005
    All Star Sports- September 2006
    Boardwalk Villas- June 2008
    Port Orleans Riverside- September 2009 and October 2014

Pop Century- August 2015

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AllyMonkey View Post
    This is slightly different from the way they were doing Child Swap at BTMR a few weeks ago.

Last year when we visited in October, we told the CM at the beginning of the line that we needed Child Swap and they gave us a paper Fastpass at the beginning of the line. Our son and a responsible adult took the paper FP and went to find another activity while the other adult rode.

This year when we got into the line for BTMR, the cast member gave the adult who was riding the attraction a lanyard with a large laminated card attached that said Rider Swap. I had to carry/ wear that card through the queue and give it to a 2nd CM at the loading platform who then handed me a paper FP. When I exited the attraction, I gave DH the paper FP and he could then enter through the FP+ line.
    This is how things worked at every attraction we rode (almost all of them) in May 2015. We got the lanyard at the entrance, we got the paper FP at the "second" line-check attendant (and more than once we forgot to get the lanyard, which created drama).

Also, it should be noted you can get a baby swap pass by entering EITHER the Standby or the FP+ line. If you have a FP+ booked, you get to use that entrance with your FP+ reservation and the FP+ entrance again with your paper FP, so you can sometimes schedule alternative FP+ for the small child and one parent to do while the big kid is riding a big boy ride. Nothing cheating the system about doing it that way.
    Disney Dream May 2019, WDW Dec 2019

18 Oct ASMv
    16 (APs) Jan POR, Feb CSR, April ASMv, June BC, Oct Pop & Cabins, Dec ASMv & AKL & Pop, Jan '17 POFQ (10k!)
    15 May Pop&CBR pirates
    13 Oct ASMu&AoA
    10 (APs) June CR, Oct AKL&Pop, Dec Pop
    07 March ASMv
    04 June POR
    94 June Onsite

Post Thanks / Like

Have they added the 7DMT to this list yet?? I would think that would be on there since it is natured like BTMR.
    Sarah K.
    85-87 Campground - 89 CAbins
    91 The Tree House Villas - 2001 Nov. Lake Buena Vista Best W.
    2002 Movies - 2002 Sports
    2003 Music - 2004 Cabins
    2006 DW Movies
    2013 DisneyLand- Embassy Suites S
    2014 Disneyland-Anaheim Plaza
    2015 Disneyworld Sports
    2017 DL?

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: