Quantcast Selecting Fastpass when you are parkhopping.......

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Selecting Fastpass when you are parkhopping.......

Hello, we are park hopping during our upcoming visit to Disney and I was in the process of selecting fastpasses for our first day. Is it not possible to choose only one fastpass at one park and select the other 2 at another park? Thanks in advance for your replies.

First Trip - 2001 February - Off Property
    Second Trip - 2012 October - Pop Century, MNSSHP
    Third Trip - 2013 October - Pop Century, MNSSHP
    Fourth Trip-2015 April -Pop Century, Caribbean Beach
    Fifth Trip - 2015 October - Caribbean Beach Resort, MNSSHP
    Sixth trip - 2016 October - Disneyland

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

No, all 3 FP+ options must be selected from the same park. If you select early times for your FP+ options, you COULD get additional FP+ options at your second park IF they are available for the attraction you want. These additional FP+ options must be selected at a kiosk within the second park. They cannot be selected through the MDE app.
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Confirming what PopPhan said. Exactly right.
    Steve "I'm Grumpy because you're Dopey"
    90Treehouse, 93Clubhouse Villa(DD2), 96Hotel Plaza(DD5&2), 99CR, 01OKW(expecting DS), 03POR (luv the trundle), 04AKL, 06ASMo(DW40, DD2), 07DLRP/PC, 08Y&BC/PC/DLRP, 09ASMusic/Cruise, 10ASSp/Pop, 11POR/Cruise, 12DLR, 13PC/Cruise, 14ASMu, 15CRx2, 16CR&ASMo(DW50)

Post Thanks / Like

Because you have to book all of your FP+ at one park, many people who are park-hopping book at the second park, so you know you have attractions waiting for you when you get there later in the day.

It is a bit of a pain, especially since you have to physically be in the 2nd park before you can select FP+ for that park.
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ibelieveindisneymagic View Post
    Because you have to book all of your FP+ at one park, many people who are park-hopping book at the second park, so you know you have attractions waiting for you when you get there later in the day.

It is a bit of a pain, especially since you have to physically be in the 2nd park before you can select FP+ for that park.
    Keep in my mind if you choose this option as ibelieveindisneymagic mentioned; this would mean you cannot book any fastpasses in your first park as like PopPhan mentioned, you have to use all of your fastpass passes before you can book additional fastpasses.
    ~*~Tonya~*~

1st = 1992
    ASMo = Jan. 6-12 '07
    POP = Jan 5-11 '08
    BWV = Jan 6-16 '09
    BCV = Jan 12-22 '10
    BWV = Jan. 21-29 '11
    BWV = Jan. 21-28 '12
    BWV = Dec. 8-15 '12
    BCV/BWV=Jan. 24-Feb. 1 '14
    BWV = Jan. 16-24 '15
    BWV = Jan. 29-Feb. 6 '16
    BWV = Jan. 20-28 '17
    BWV = Jan. 26-Feb. 3 '18

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerbellT421 View Post
    Keep in my mind if you choose this option as ibelieveindisneymagic mentioned; this would mean you cannot book any fastpasses in your first park as like PopPhan mentioned, you have to use all of your fastpass passes before you can book additional fastpasses.
    Are you finding that you are able to get a decent 4th FP? From my experience there has not been much left when I go to the Kiosk to get the 4th FP.
    "Welcome, Foolish Mortals..."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy1998 View Post
    Are you finding that you are able to get a decent 4th FP? From my experience there has not been much left when I go to the Kiosk to get the 4th FP.
    I suppose it depends on what you consider decent. If you are looking to get Mine Train, Soarin', Test Track, Toy Story Mania, etc., then no if you are lookiing to get them later in the day, chances are those will not be available unless reserved early through your at home reservations or they very morning of. But, one day in Magic Kingdom we were able to test it out and we were able to literally get off rides, go to the nearest kiosk, select a fastpass for the next ride and literally go right on. We did that for Jungle Cruise, Pirates, etc. and rode about 8 rides all while using instant fastpasses and waiting about 2 minutes each ride.
    ~*~Tonya~*~

1st = 1992
    ASMo = Jan. 6-12 '07
    POP = Jan 5-11 '08
    BWV = Jan 6-16 '09
    BCV = Jan 12-22 '10
    BWV = Jan. 21-29 '11
    BWV = Jan. 21-28 '12
    BWV = Dec. 8-15 '12
    BCV/BWV=Jan. 24-Feb. 1 '14
    BWV = Jan. 16-24 '15
    BWV = Jan. 29-Feb. 6 '16
    BWV = Jan. 20-28 '17
    BWV = Jan. 26-Feb. 3 '18

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy1998 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TinkerbellT421 View Post
    I suppose it depends on what you consider decent. If you are looking to get Mine Train, Soarin', Test Track, Toy Story Mania, etc., then no if you are lookiing to get them later in the day, chances are those will not be available unless reserved early through your at home reservations or they very morning of. But, one day in Magic Kingdom we were able to test it out and we were able to literally get off rides, go to the nearest kiosk, select a fastpass for the next ride and literally go right on. We did that for Jungle Cruise, Pirates, etc. and rode about 8 rides all while using instant fastpasses and waiting about 2 minutes each ride.
    It also depends on crowd levels. In peak seasons with larger crowds, a 4th FP for anything mildly popular will be harder to come by later in the day. On less crowded days, you probably have a pretty good chance at getting a 4th or subsequent FP for a "decent" attraction.
    1971 (age 15) MK was new!
    1974 off-site (Senior Trip)
    1982 off-site
    1988 off-site
    May 2002 AS-Sports, with DW & kids
    May 2004 Pop Century
    Feb 2005 Wilderness Lodge
    Oct 2006 Pop Century
    Oct 2008 Camped at Fort Wilderness
    Feb 2010 Cruise on the Wonder
    Dec 2014 POFQ for Christmas!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joonyer View Post
    It also depends on crowd levels. In peak seasons with larger crowds, a 4th FP for anything mildly popular will be harder to come by later in the day. On less crowded days, you probably have a pretty good chance at getting a 4th or subsequent FP for a "decent" attraction.
    The irony is that on less crowded days you are less likely to need the 4th (and more) FP. I remember trying it at DHS last August and the only things we could get a FP for were the things that already had fairly short waits.

There really isn't a perfect plan, especially when park-hopping. It would be awesome if you could book in different parks, but Disney doesn't want you hopping to the headliners, they want to spread out the crowds, and this forces you to do that, at least a bit.
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: