Quantcast 3..2..1 Time to go back Sept/Oct trip Day 11

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default 3..2..1 Time to go back Sept/Oct trip Day 11

Cast of Characters
    Me - Big Daddy - that's the name on my magic band
    DS - Turning 14 while in FL
    DD - Turning 11 in Jan but celebrating in WDW

Day 11 - MK and TL

The last full day of vacation . Today we are celebrating DD 11th birthday with breakfast at CRT. Our ADR was at 8 AM and we decided to take the rental car rather than catch the bus. We had already parked in the lot when DD realized she had taken her MagicBand off the night before and had not put it back on this morning. I contemplated driving back to the room, but I knew we would miss our ADR so we walked up to guest services and they were able to make a temporary card that worked the same as her MagicBand. Park Tickets, FPs everything -worked perfectly! The walk down Mainstreet in the early morning before the park opens is a wonderful experience. It is so calm and serene. Breakfast as CRT is a fantastic celebration for a little girl turning 11. She left with so many trinkets and charms. All the princesses were so attentive and DS was enjoying the interaction as well. The food was OK, but the experience was worth it.
    We had FP for PoTC and HM but I moved them until evening as we walked on everything in the early morning. As a matter of fact, the CMs were recommending moving FPs until later. We did use our Anna and Elsa M&G FP - though. Standby time was over an hour at 10AM. We stayed in MK until lunch time before we drove back home, DD got her MagicBand and we all changed to go to TL. We missed TL a few days ago because of the weather and so we caught the bus and made it there about 1PM.
    TL was a blast! I think I stayed in the wave pool about 3 hours total . The waterproof camera once again proved to be a wise investment as I took a bunch of videos in the wave pool. The kids went on all the other slides and we relaxed in the lazy river before we took another dip in the wave pool and went back home when the park closed. I wanted to get as much packing done now because MK had EMH until 2AM and I was sure we wouldn't feel like packing when we got home or the next morning.
    With the packing completed, we caught a bus back to MK and grabbed some hot dogs at Caseys. The park was pretty busy, but we used our FPs that I had pushed from earlier this morning and then watched Wishes from the hub. The park started to empty out after Wishes. We watched the Electrical Parade from Frontierland and finally got on Splash although it stopped 4 or 5 times while we were on. We rode and rode and rode until 1:30AM. Because we had a few snack credits left, we hit the Confectionery on the way out for treats to take back to WI. The mammoth pecan patties are delicious! It was 2:30AM when we got home and did our best to go to bed.
    Michael
    You ain't never had a friend like me!

DVC Owner - AKL

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I must say, I have really enjoyed your trip reports. It sounds like you had some wonderful moments with your children and that you've all made wonderful family memories. Reading this reminded me of all my magical moments with my dad as a pre-teen. It made me smile a lot. Thank you.

Post Thanks / Like

What a great birthday celebration and fun way to end your trip!!!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Oh why does perfection have to end?! It sure sounds like your last day was close to it. From the Birthday Breakfast at the castle, to the evening finale at MK & EMH, you guys really finished the last day right! We go in the summer time so its been a really long time since we have seen the parks empty out after Wishes. Glad you got to experience so much magic this final day of vacation!
    Carol (aka KylesMom)
    INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous & Trip Reports
    Last Trip: ICOT 15
    Happy A/P Holder 2002 - 2011

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DonaldDuckUSA View Post
    I must say, I have really enjoyed your trip reports. It sounds like you had some wonderful moments with your children and that you've all made wonderful family memories. Reading this reminded me of all my magical moments with my dad as a pre-teen. It made me smile a lot. Thank you.
    When I reflect on happy memories with my parents from when I was a kid, 2 or 3 from WDW always come up. I hope that I'm making happy memories for my kids. On the flip side, the time I'm spending with my kids is so special, so valuable and so wonderful and I have our vacations to thank for those special memories/treasures.
    Michael
    You ain't never had a friend like me!

DVC Owner - AKL

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: