Quantcast 4th fastpass line

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default 4th fastpass line

Today at Magic kingdom it took about an hour to make a fastpass selection for a 4 th Fp and the choices were slim. It actually would have been better to wait in the ride line. Not complaining. I just thought I would mention it.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, one reason why I am not a fan of the new FP system (I preferred the old way)
    Cruises:
    Feb 12-16, 2012 (Dream), Oct 20-27, 2012 (Fantasy Eastern), Sept 8-12, 2013 (Dream) Jan 20-24, 2014 (Magic) Sept 14-18, 2015 (Dream) Sept 25-29, 2017 (Dream) Sept 22-29, 2018 (Fantasy Eastern) Sept 23-27, 2019 (Dream)

manutd1 Guest

Wouldn't make ANY sense to wait in that line...The parks are busy now....and yes, You could ride just about every ride there except the mine ride with less than an hour wait. Depending on time of day. I have found that the Kiosk by Splash Mountain rarely has a long line.....at least when I'm there.

Post Thanks / Like

This is the one thing I find really frustrating about FP+. The line for the "extra" FP's is usually longer than the lines for the rides themselves.

Why not just say 3 a day, and put us all out of the misery of hoping for more?
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ibelieveindisneymagic View Post
    This is the one thing I find really frustrating about FP+. The line for the "extra" FP's is usually longer than the lines for the rides themselves.

Or at least open it up on the app. I' don't understand why it has to be on the kiosk. And I think the way they have it set up on the kiosk makes it take longer.
    Cindy aka AgentC
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations, Dining, Movies, TV, Music & Musicals

Post Thanks / Like

They need to allow guests to access their 4th FP+ on the app. Waiting in line to make a FP+ is not constructive and it takes you away from doing something FUN
    Next WDW Trip: July 13 - 22, 2016 Wilderness Lodge

"There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow shining at the end of every day!"

"Let's Don't be Silly..." - The Mad Hatter

Post Thanks / Like

There weren't even any attractions left that were worth an hour wait! You could of just gone and waited about 45 minutes for a ride instead but you just never know what is left before. The new system is frustrating, I just get my 3 a day and ride the other rides in between.
    #rundisney

Marathon Weekend Half Marathon: 2010, 2011, 2013, 2015

Next Trip: Wine and Dine Half Marathon-November 2015 (trip 24)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ibelieveindisneymagic View Post

Because so many people complained about only being able to get 3.
    "Welcome, Foolish Mortals..."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by manutd1 View Post
    Wouldn't make ANY sense to wait in that line...The parks are busy now....and yes, You could ride just about every ride there except the mine ride with less than an hour wait. Depending on time of day. I have found that the Kiosk by Splash Mountain rarely has a long line.....at least when I'm there.
    It is vacation week somewhere? I sometimes just check wait times out of curiosity and I noticed wait times are longer than I would have expected. Splash Mountain has been extremely long.

I agree with others. You should be able to grab a fastpass on the app.

Post Thanks / Like

Fast Pass+ is new to us. If we want to get a 4th, are we restricted to the same park where the first 3 were?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CPT Trips View Post
    Fast Pass+ is new to us. If we want to get a 4th, are we restricted to the same park where the first 3 were?

No, you can get one for an attraction in a different park, BUT you have to "hop" to the other park first, and then go to a kiosk in that park before you can get the 4th and subsequent FP.

Needless to say, the new FP+ system leaves a lot to be desired!
    1971 (age 15) MK was new!
    1974 off-site (Senior Trip)
    1982 off-site
    1988 off-site
    May 2002 AS-Sports, with DW & kids
    May 2004 Pop Century
    Feb 2005 Wilderness Lodge
    Oct 2006 Pop Century
    Oct 2008 Camped at Fort Wilderness
    Feb 2010 Cruise on the Wonder
    Dec 2014 POFQ for Christmas!

manutd1 Guest

I think the new system is a profound success.
    There is nothing better than making your picks 60 days out...then get more while there after those. With strategy and understanding the system....it is easy to accrue more than the first 3..or 4 or even 5.
    Now, NO I would not wait an hour to get a fast pass....thats nuts. BUT, Many times if you see a CM with an iPad. They too can make the 4th and so on. Also, I have found...the FP kiosk by S.M. isn't busy at all most ofd the time. Fantasy land....yeah, its busy. This will was up in time...same for the long lines for the mine ride. But, I love FP+ Works perfectly for us. But, I highly suggest folks understand it..get educated..then use it to its fullest.
    An in the end..a 30 minute wait or less...of course just do the stand by line. No FP needed. But, folks will wait 30 minutes to get a FP.....that just doesn't add up. Thats simply the guests fault...bad time management.

Post Thanks / Like

I think the new system is a profound success.
    There is nothing better than making your picks 60 days out...then get more while there after those. With strategy and understanding the system....it is easy to accrue more than the first 3..or 4 or even 5.
    Now, NO I would not wait an hour to get a fast pass....thats nuts. BUT, Many times if you see a CM with an iPad. They too can make the 4th and so on. Also, I have found...the FP kiosk by S.M. isn't busy at all most ofd the time. Fantasy land....yeah, its busy. This will was up in time...same for the long lines for the mine ride. But, I love FP+ Works perfectly for us. But, I highly suggest folks understand it..get educated..then use it to its fullest.
    An in the end..a 30 minute wait or less...of course just do the stand by line. No FP needed. But, folks will wait 30 minutes to get a FP.....that just doesn't add up. Thats simply the guests fault...bad time management.
    Getting a fast pass for an attraction that didnt require a fast pass before is not a success. Planning 60 days out when plans change is not a success. Choosing between rides because choosing one ride blocks the other one is not a success. Waiting in line for an hour for the privilege of waiting in line again is not a success.

manutd1 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by RunDMV View Post
    Getting a fast pass for an attraction that didnt require a fast pass before is not a success. Planning 60 days out when plans change is not a success. Choosing between rides because choosing one ride blocks the other one is not a success. Waiting in line for an hour for the privilege of waiting in line again is not a success.
    Don't wait inline for an hour for a FP. That is 100% unnecessary. And, why isn't being able to book a FP 60 days out not a success? And, IF plans change..you CAN change your FP. People adjust those all the time. It is profoundly easy. I have not seen any attraction that didn't need a FP that now does, exist. H.M. POTC even NOW.. which, is spring break...the wait times are constantly under 30 -40 minutes. No FP needed for that. I just don't understand the "waiting in line for an hour" to wait again...comment. That just doesn't have to happen. When we were there recently, and wanted a FP..there was a long line in Fantasyland. But, next to no line at the kiosk in Frontierland. And, Main Street was a great place to get more. Obviously we all have our opinions...but I am finding out that a lot of folks that simply don't like FP+....just doesn't know how to use it or understand it.
    Once you make your original three....there is so many ways to change and adjust the times..that getting a 4,5 and 6th FP is quite easy....and not for attractions that don't need them. Im talking Splash, Space....BTMRR...times open up all the time. Thats the beauty of the app....and in time...I think one will be able to use that to "book" more F.P's
    But, I have never nor seen any need to get FP for any attractions that didn't need them prior. Some people do like to get FP for attractions that they really aren't needed.., and thats ok..... Again, The rides that were almost walk ons....still are. Some just have different opinions of how long of a wait= a walk on. To me its anything under 30 min. Thats perfectly acceptable. Especially, if folks remember the 80's-90's no short waits back then....
    All in all...life is great, life is short.....Disney couldn't be better!

Post Thanks / Like

Here's an example of how the FP+ system was frustrating for us on our last trip.

a) Before you make any FP reservations, you can check using the system to see what times/attractions are available in each park. Then choose what you want. No problem there, that's a good thing.

b) Say you then make FP reservations for one park, say MK and you are lucky enough to get times fro really popular attractions, say 7DMT, Space and BTMRR, for instance.

c) But then, you decide you may want to change your plans and perhaps visit a different park, that what you first planned for a particular day. Unfortunately you cannot even check to see what FPs may be available at a different park, without losing the FPs you already have. Once you have a highly desirable FP for a ride like 7DMT, this system really discourages you from thinking about changing your plans, because once you lose the FPs you have, you very well may not be able to get them back if you decide not to change parks after all.

d) As a result, we felt locked into plans we had to make 60 days in advance, at least until our first 3 FPs were used. I really didn't like this loss of flexibility in our Disney touring style that we used to enjoy. Did we still have a good time? Yes. Could the FP+ system be improved? Definitely.
    1971 (age 15) MK was new!
    1974 off-site (Senior Trip)
    1982 off-site
    1988 off-site
    May 2002 AS-Sports, with DW & kids
    May 2004 Pop Century
    Feb 2005 Wilderness Lodge
    Oct 2006 Pop Century
    Oct 2008 Camped at Fort Wilderness
    Feb 2010 Cruise on the Wonder
    Dec 2014 POFQ for Christmas!

Post Thanks / Like

Don't wait inline for an hour for a FP. That is 100% unnecessary. And, why isn't being able to book a FP 60 days out not a success? And, IF plans change..you CAN change your FP. People adjust those all the time. It is profoundly easy. I have not seen any attraction that didn't need a FP that now does, exist. H.M. POTC even NOW.. which, is spring break...the wait times are constantly under 30 -40 minutes. No FP needed for that. I just don't understand the "waiting in line for an hour" to wait again...comment. That just doesn't have to happen. When we were there recently, and wanted a FP..there was a long line in Fantasyland. But, next to no line at the kiosk in Frontierland. And, Main Street was a great place to get more. Obviously we all have our opinions...but I am finding out that a lot of folks that simply don't like FP+....just doesn't know how to use it or understand it.
    Once you make your original three....there is so many ways to change and adjust the times..that getting a 4,5 and 6th FP is quite easy....and not for attractions that don't need them. Im talking Splash, Space....BTMRR...times open up all the time. Thats the beauty of the app....and in time...I think one will be able to use that to "book" more F.P's
    But, I have never nor seen any need to get FP for any attractions that didn't need them prior. Some people do like to get FP for attractions that they really aren't needed.., and thats ok..... Again, The rides that were almost walk ons....still are. Some just have different opinions of how long of a wait= a walk on. To me its anything under 30 min. Thats perfectly acceptable. Especially, if folks remember the 80's-90's no short waits back then....
    All in all...life is great, life is short.....Disney couldn't be better!
    ....I .......never read...... internet posts... that... are written.... in this... fashion. even if what.... you wrote made perfect sense.... it was lost... on me....

Post Thanks / Like

Get your fat pass 60 days out? Heck we decided to go to WDW three weeks out.
    Under the old fast pass arrangement we would not know which park we were visiting on that day until the day before.
    On that basis alone, the new system is a profound loser. It does help people who book enough in advance, stay on site and are pathological planners.

manutd1 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by RunDMV View Post
    ....I .......never read...... internet posts... that... are written.... in this... fashion. even if what.... you wrote made perfect sense.... it was lost... on me....
    we must bow to the post police...... ....... .......

Post Thanks / Like

I think FP+ is a success for the simple reason that I no longer have to run to stand in line for a FP at the most popular attraction at the park. Now I can stroll in at my leisure, and enjoy the parks until it is time for my first FP.
    "Welcome, Foolish Mortals..."

Post Thanks / Like

I just don't understand the "waiting in line for an hour" to wait again...comment. That just doesn't have to happen. When we were there recently, and wanted a FP..there was a long line in Fantasyland. But, next to no line at the kiosk in Frontierland. And, Main Street was a great place to get more. Obviously we all have our opinions...but I am finding out that a lot of folks that simply don't like FP+....just doesn't know how to use it or understand it.
    Wow. So people are suppposed to run around from place to place to find a short line? What about those who can't walk that far easily? What about those with small children? What about people who are in a large group? It seems to me that your view is narrowed down to people who are able to move about pretty quickly with ease.

I have been there when I was disabled enough to have a handicapped placard in my vehicle. I've been there with a group of 15 people before ranging in age from 3 years old to in their 70s. I can tell you that in neither of those cases would I jump from one area of the park to another just to find a shorter line to make fastpass reservations nor would waiting an hour in line to make the reservations be acceptable.

Do I understand how to use it? yes. Do I like it? No. I never ran from land to land to get fast passes before. I'm not running from land to land to find a short line for a fastpass +. I'm there to be on vacation, not stress out.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: