Quantcast The boardwalk

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: The boardwalk

Post Thanks / Like

Default The boardwalk

In all of my travels to Disney, I have never been to the Boardwalk. Can any tell me what exactly is there. Are there games and activites? Or are they all shops and restaurants.

Thank for any info you can give

'83~Off
    '91~Off
    '93~Off
    '96~Off
    '97~Off
    '99~Off
    '00~Contemporary/Disney Magic (Jul)
    '00~WL (Dec)
    '01~Off
    '02~POR
    '03~Disney Wonder/AKL (Aug)
    '03~WL(Dec)
    '04~Saratoga
    '05~Polynesian (Apr)
    '05~Pop (Sep)
    '06~POR FQ
    '14-Pop
    '16~Off (March)
    '16~ASMusic (Aug)
    '17~Off'

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

It's mostly shops and restaurants- mostly restaurants, actually, and food stands, a few clubs (like the Atlantic Dance Hall and Jellyrolls). It's a lively little area. You can rent surrey bikes and watercraft, and there's boardwalk entertainment in the form of some spontaneous shows (jugglers, etc). I think there's an arcade near ESPN club and there might be a few carnival style games here and there. I usually only end up at the Boardwalk if I'm staying in the area or have restaurant reservations there, but I'm sure you could spend a little time soaking up atmosphere.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

If you spend a fair amount of time at WDW you should spend an evening at the Boardwalk. Our DD, even when she was 7 like the Boardwalk. There are magicians there. Very kid friendly. Also it is a pretty view. You could walk out of the International Gateway of EPCOT and take a look at the view.

Post Thanks / Like

Tigg hit upon the the stuff that is there. it is a great atmosphere, especially in the evenings from about 7-9:30ish. the generally have shows going on with jugglers or magicians and the kids have a great time. don't have kids? no worries, grab a beer at the pizza window, the stand, or at espn and go and sit on the water at a table and enjoy the great view. there is a brew pub and pub food, espn with pub food, a dueling piano bar, the screen door (convenience store and some shopping), the boardwalk bakery, a candy shop (sundaes too), and the italian restaurant and flying fish. just a fun place to people watch or partake in the fun.

like was said above, just walk out of the back of the international gate and take a left. we generally only stay at bwv or bcv...and we love the area.

also, walk over to the beach club area if you get the chance. if you have kids they have a movie on the beach on a blow up screen every night. s'mores too but i believe that's only for resort guests. hurricane hanna's is a great place to have a cold beverage and even a burger. its right next to the pool and on the walkway that connects beach club to epcot, boardwalk, swan and dolphin and hollywood studios.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: