Quantcast Deflategate - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Deflategate

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GAN View Post
    As for the Pats, it is proven that they broke the "rule." I'm sure the NFL is going to push any punishment off till after the Super Bowl -which I'd be shocked if it was severe. This will set the stage for Bill to go into his "you know what mode"(insert 2 letters here) -I wouldn't be shocked to see the Pats run the table next year and be the first team to do so since Miami. He has the cash in the salary cap ....and the will.
    It hasn't been proven at all. What happened to the balls? They still don't know. Was it tampering? Was it weather conditions? If tampering, who tampered, who knew about it? This is still all under investigation.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, maybe it's time to go back to the home team, or maybe even the NFL, providing the footballs for each game. If the QB's don't like it, oh well. At least then there will be the assumption that the balls are standardized.
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MNNHFLTX View Post
    Well, maybe it's time to go back to the home team, or maybe even the NFL, providing the footballs for each game. If the QB's don't like it, oh well. At least then there will be the assumption that the balls are standardized.
    I think that's a great idea. Before this all happened, that's what I thought they did.

SNL's press conference skits were funny last night, though.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Between the Port of Indecision and Southwest of Disorder
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SBETigg View Post
    It hasn't been proven at all. What happened to the balls? They still don't know. Was it tampering? Was it weather conditions? If tampering, who tampered, who knew about it? This is still all under investigation.
    It's pretty clear, and even conceded by Belichick, that the balls were below the league minimum. That's enough for me to consider it proven. Of course, there is no explanation as to why. But there never will be -again, QB's go for a feel ...they don't give a ^%#} a$& what the PSI is. It's the same ball Brady has used all season without an issue ...but since the Refs never actually check, it would lead me to believe it's a non-issue on most days .....until a team is fed info(by another team) that they could complain and start a controversy before the super bowl. It's funny that Indy would even consider bringing it up, the Patriots could have played them with a bar of soap and still won.
    Hi Neighbor! Have a 'Gansett.

Post Thanks / Like

the Patriots could have played them with a bar of soap and still won.
    Just like Watergate, Nixon had no chance of losing the election, the break-in was for nothing and he paid the price.
    Dave aka: Altair
    "Even though they're graceful when swimmin', it's hard to believe sailors thought they were women" - Manatee area, the Living Seas

Post Thanks / Like

I just feel that The Patriots are always one step ahead pushing the rules.

They are stacked with Talent, and still they push it.

Maybe a year suspension for Bielicheck like the league did with Sean Peyton even though they couldn't prove he was or wasn't involved in any illegal doings regarding the bounty scandal...it starts at the top.

Julie
    Next Up:

Summer 2018... WE ARE BACK!!!
    2 families
    4 teenagers and Larry
    Taking on the parks!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by princessgirls View Post
    I just feel that The Patriots are always one step ahead pushing the rules.

They are stacked with Talent, and still they push it.

Maybe a year suspension for Bielicheck like the league did with Sean Peyton even though they couldn't prove he was or wasn't involved in any illegal doings regarding the bounty scandal...it starts at the top.

Julie
    One thing is certain, they are NOT "stacked" with talent. They have a QB they took in the 6th round, they use running backs that either no one has ever heard of( or that no one wants), WR's that were college QB's......

Unless you mean Revis(who is pretty old) and Wilfork (who isnt getting younger).

As an excuse, it's easy to hate Belichick because he is a "cheater" ... Bottom line -people hate him because he's the best darn coach ever. He doesn't need 1st round draft picks to beat other teams ...he TRADES them away! He picks up players(albeit usually talented) that no other teams want, that are from other teams' practice squads. He releases/trades the most talented players on his roster -you go on and on here with a list a mile long! No coach can put together a team and make them work together like he can ..and I don't think in any sport. So for all the other coaches, players, fans ....stop wasting your efforts complaining about the two times you think he cheated, and start building yourself a TEAM!

Post Thanks / Like

One thing is certain, they are NOT "stacked" with talent. They have a QB they took in the 6th round, ...
    Are you saying Brady is not talented?
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scar View Post
    Are you saying Brady is not talented?
    Depends how you define talent -does he have the physical skills of Rodgers, Manning, Stafford, maybe even Wilson? I don't think so. Thirty-one teams thought he wasn't talented for FIVE rounds! Ever see his combine photo? Ever watch some of his throws(probably due to deflated balls, I'm sure!)? Ask some of the guys who played with him in college -he was a long shot to make a team, let alone be a Hall of Fame QB. Does he have a talent to win? You bet.

When someone refers to a team being "stacked" I think 1st Round All-Pro talent -I think, who are you putting on YOUR fantasy team? Not too many Patriot players make that list. You've seen it before -take some of those players and put them on another team ...yeah, how come they don't look All-Pro caliber anymore? On that team they look good ...out on there own, sometimes not. Just my observation of course.

Post Thanks / Like

Depends how you define talent -does he have the physical skills of Rodgers, Manning, Stafford, maybe even Wilson? I don't think so. Thirty-one teams thought he wasn't talented for FIVE rounds! .
    Yeah, he may have been a 6th round draft pick in 2000, but now we have the benefit of hindsight that the scouts didn't have 14 years ago. Johnny Unitas was a 9th round pick, but nobody can dispute that he is among the best QB's to ever play in the NFL. So is Brady, and he will be in the Hall of Fame the first year the becomes eligible.
    1971 (age 15) MK was new!
    1974 off-site (Senior Trip)
    1982 off-site
    1988 off-site
    May 2002 AS-Sports, with DW & kids
    May 2004 Pop Century
    Feb 2005 Wilderness Lodge
    Oct 2006 Pop Century
    Oct 2008 Camped at Fort Wilderness
    Feb 2010 Cruise on the Wonder
    Dec 2014 POFQ for Christmas!

Post Thanks / Like

Sure, we have hindsight for everything we do. But my point was, Brady didn't have (and may still not have) the skill set that defines a "successful" NFL QB. The fact that he has gotten to where he is today is more an "it" factor than actual pure "talent." "It" could just be a leadership quality that makes everyone around a person better ...and that's what I believe he has.

Post Thanks / Like

Depends how you define talent -does he have the physical skills of Rodgers, Manning, Stafford, maybe even Wilson? I don't think so. Thirty-one teams thought he wasn't talented for FIVE rounds!
    I define talent as being able to make plays that help your team win. By that definition he easily has/had the same talent as Rodgers and Manning, and way more than Stafford and Wilson.

And those 31 teams that passed on him for 5 rounds included Belichick and the Patriots.
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scar View Post
    And those 31 teams that passed on him for 5 rounds included Belichick and the Patriots.
    I guess part of evaluating a player is knowing when your competition just doesn't know any better. And if you asked Belichick, he'd probably say Brady barely showed enough talent to warrant a 6th round throwaway pick.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: