Quantcast Tidbits January 2015

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb Tidbits January 2015

Tidbits
    January 2015

Pardon our Pixie Dust

1/18/15
    As the Hub Redevelopment project continues at the Magic Kingdom, the construction has begun to impact the park's entertainment offerings. Effective January 12, 2015; The Festival of Fantasy and Main Street Electrical parade FASTPASS+ viewing area has been moved to Town Square near the flag pole. Effective February 27, 2015; the Wishes FASTPASS+ viewing area will be moved and split into two locations at the end of Main Street USA. Guests will be able to choose between reserved areas in front of Casey’s Corner or the Plaza restaurant on a first arrival basis. Finally, the Dream Along With Mickey show is scheduled go dark (no performances) from April 13 through May 20, 2015.

Seasonal Sweets

1/18/15
    L’Artisan des Glaces in Epcot’s France pavilion is celebrating Florida Strawberry Season. The artisan shop is offering a Strawberries and Cream Macaron Ice Cream Sandwich comprised of Vanilla Ice Cream and Strawberry Sorbet sandwiched between Strawberry Macarons. The limited time treat is priced at $3.99.

Coffee Kingdom

1/18/15
    Exterior renovations have commenced on the now closed Creature Comforts store. The purple, teal, and orange color scheme has been replaced by a brown and cream color scheme with mosaic accents. Despite the prominent changes, the park has yet to officially announce the replacement for the store. Area Cast are still reporting that the location is planned to become a Starbucks location.

12/22/14 Disney’s Animal Kingdom has opened a new coffee location and appears to have a second in the works. The Isle of Java cart on Discovery Island recently closed and a new Isle of Java kiosk has opened. The permanent kiosk is located adjacent to the Flame Tree Barbecue and sells a variety of baked goods in addition to coffee. It has been internally announced that the Creature Comforts store will permanently close for renovations from January 5 through Mid June, 2015. Although the replacement has yet to be announced, Cast have reported that the location is planned to become the Animal Kingdom Starbucks location.

Tree Trimming

1/18/15
    One of the Magic Kingdom’s table service restaurants is scheduled to be closed for most of the Summer and Fall this year. The park has announced that Liberty Tree Tavern will be closed for extensive renovations from July 6 through November 20, 2015. Alternative offerings during the closure period have yet to be announced.

Sunset, Sunset

1/18/15
    The less discussed effect of the removal of the Sorcerer Mickey Hat at Disney’s Hollywood Studios was the concurrent closure of the Sorcerer's Hat Shop. The park has quietly opened a replacement store to carry the same merchandise on Sunset Blvd. Sunset Ranch Pins and Souvenirs has opened in the Sunset Ranch Market area.

In the Shades

1/18/15
    In addition to the new Island Supply by Sunglass Hut location in the Magic Kingdom, Sunglass Hut has opened a “store-with-in-a-store” location at Typhoon Lagoon. Just prior to the more noticeable Island Supply full replacement opening, a smaller location was opened inside the existing Singapore Sal's.

An Evening Expansion

1/18/15
    One of the Walt Disney World Starbucks locations has expanded its offerings beyond cafe or coffee fare. As part of a limited, national roll-out; the Downtown Disney WestSide Starbucks has begun offering “Starbucks Evening” menu. The after 4:00 pm menu includes beer, wine, tapas-style foods, and desserts.

Dry Dock

1/18/15
    Magic Kingdom’s corny classic attraction is slated to be closed during the lull between Peak Spring Break and the beginning of the Summer Season. The Jungle Cruise is currently scheduled to be closed for refurbishment April 13 through May 8, 2015.

Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Preview

1/18/15
    Disney’s Hollywood Studios will be offering Guests two ways to preview the forthcoming Cinderella live-action film. The ABC Sound Studio is showing a “sneak peak” of the film from January 17 through March 21, 2015. The Streets of America will showcase the golden coach from the film from February 1 through April 11, 2015 as a limited time photo-op location.

InnovenChange

1/18/15
    Two Innovention exhibits have closed at Epcot due to
    sponsorship expiration. THINK by IBM permanently closed on January 1, 2015 and Test the Limits Lab permanently closed on January 6, 2015. THINK was located in Innoventions West and Test the Limits was located in Innoventions East. Replacements for these exhibits have yet to be announced.

Figment! aka Jason ºoº
    INTERCOT STAFF
    News, Rumours & Imagineering
    Dining
    Vacations Beyond Disney

~It’s what us storytellers do; we restore order with imagination, we instill hope again and again~

~We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things~

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for sharing!

I wonder what the "extensive renovations" will bring to LTT?

I'm glad THINK has closed, we could never get into it, and it took up so much space. Hopefully something good will come in its place.
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ibelieveindisneymagic View Post
    Thanks for sharing!

I wonder what the "extensive renovations" will bring to LTT?

I'm glad THINK has closed, we could never get into it, and it took up so much space. Hopefully something good will come in its place.
    I'm glad that Think closed too. I could never get the kids to get into it but with both Think and Test the Limits closing that leaves a lot of empty space in Innoventions. I think that leaves West with Piggy Bank, the fire exhibit and the old video games.
    Cindy aka AgentC
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations, Dining, Movies, TV, Music & Musicals

Post Thanks / Like

Lots of January tidbits to ponder. I too am very curious about the extensive renovations to Liberty Tree Tavern.

Thanks Jason!
    Carol (aka KylesMom)
    INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous & Trip Reports
    Last Trip: ICOT 15
    Happy A/P Holder 2002 - 2011

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't go in it but 2 days ago it seemed that Think was open. It was all lit up with people waiting around outside it & it looked like a movie was playing? I'm not sure what it is.
    And yes, that leaves old video games, the fire exhibit, & the piggy bank (which was fun to watch kids do)
    Too many trips to keep track of now! Vacation WDW twice a year so any questions ask freely ☺️

Post Thanks / Like

THINK was open last week. My DD6 loves Innoventions and we walked through it.

I'm kind of happy about the Test the Limits lab. It was so loud for no real impact. Too much bang, too little buck.
    Nothing is impossible, it just hasn't been done yet!

CosmicRay's DH
    DVC Member since 2010 (Saratoga Springs)

Been there more times than I can count. Used to be close enough to watch the fireworks every night.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: