Quantcast Rechargeable Visa Cards, Have you ever used one for a Disney Trip?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Question Reloadable Visa Cards, Have you ever used one for a Disney Trip?

Hello All,

We are trying to think of the best way to carry our money on our trip coming up (16 days). I was thinking of using Reloadable Visa Cards. We could just put a certain amount for each day on them and reload at the end of the night for the next day. But I am not sure if they work that way. I am not even sure how to put the money on each day. My question is..

Has anyone ever done this? If so , how did you like it? Is it easy to reload?

Thank you all,

Des
    Last edited by disneyfamilyforever; 01-16-2015 at 12:44 PM. Reason: Changed Rechargeable to Reloadable
    Disneyfamilyforever

April 2005 POP Century(But went to Universal Studios)

May 2006 POP Century

February 24-28 2013 Art of Animation

Next trip February 1-7 2015 Pop Century

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

While thats a great idea. I think you might have an issue loading them. They usually require the access to internet or making of a phone call. Keep in mind that there may be hidden fees to the purchase of, use of, or recharging of said card they can be 3 -5 dollars or more. also know your financial information is connected to these cards as well as you might not get the money on the card for up to a day. If you want to limit spending consider gift cards at certain amounts. or contact your credit card company or bank to set a daily limit on your account.
    92 Fort Wilderness.
    96 Disney Institute
    2000 Off site
    2009 all star movies.
    2011 Port Orleans FQ
    2013 Port Orleans FQ
    2016 ??

Post Thanks / Like

The other thing about reloading the cards is they usually have a fee for every charge and a fee to add money. Why not just stay on a budget?
    1 Week at Wyndham Bonnet Creek 06/17/17 - 06/24/17; 1 Week at Orange Lake Resort 06/24/17 - 06/30/17; 1 week at OKW 12/03/17 - 12/10/17

Post Thanks / Like

I put money on a Visa gift card for each of the kids for our last trip. There is a $5 activation fee, but then the kids could spend their money how they wanted and when it was gone, it was gone.

The gift cards worked just like a visa credit card so there was no problem using it anywhere. Also, the kids felt like big wigs because they got to swipe the card and sign at the register. There is also a convenient website to check balances if necessary. It was called Vanilla visa or something like that.

You can keep adding, but the $5 kicks in every time you add more. There may be other options without the activation fee, but I was happy with visa option.

The visa gift card was perfect for eliminating the "I want everything" and "he got more than me" problems and it made them consider before buying if it was something they really wanted because I was firm that once it is gone, there will be no more.
    Michael
    You ain't never had a friend like me!

DVC Owner - AKL

Post Thanks / Like

We did have issues using Disney gift cards at table service locations at WDW. There was absolutely enough left on the card, however the server kept telling us they were. Being declined. I suspect that however they are first scanned, maybe a hold vs charge, gift cards are handled differently.

No problems elsewhere on property, but the whole trip we were unable to use them at table service locations.

They were actually 'gifts' from a DVC purchase and were about $250 each. Been a while, maybe they handle them differently now.

Post Thanks / Like

In October, we used gift cards everywhere, including table service. Never had a problem. We did use our bands now and then for small purchases. IMHO, the gift card was actually easier.

Steve
    First visit: Disneyland, July 17, 1955 (well, somebody had to be there on opening day!)

Most Recent Visit:
    Disneyland - June 21-25, 2017
    WDW - Sep 22 - Oct 5, 2019
    Next up: WDW - May 9 - 16, 2020 at Riviera!
    Dec 5 - 16, 2020 at Poly

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyRox View Post
    We did have issues using Disney gift cards at table service locations at WDW.
    Correction, I should have typed Visa gift cards. Sounds like they may have resolved the problem, which is good, it was quite a hassle walking around with $500 and not being able to spend it.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: