Quantcast Good Bye Kiss at MK.

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Good Bye Kiss at MK.

I keep hearing things about the Goodbye Kiss. I have pretty much done everything at MK, but never this. Heading down in 19 days, and think I want to do this. I have heard conflicting things. Is it in front of the castle, or at the Main Entrance?
    Formerly luvinmesomedisney. Someone in the family turned off my "remember me" button and I forgot ME. Forgot my password so had to use a different name.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

It is the castle. It will light up, change colors a bit, music comes on over the PA and a little monologue is read about Walt Disney. Sometimes they do it more than once a night but that's usually during peak times.

Post Thanks / Like

It's actually called the "Kiss Goodnight".

It's a small(er) light show *on* the Castle, along with the "Thank You for coming" announcement(s). You'll be able to see/hear it from anywhere along Main Street, USA We're usually somewhere near Casey's/Ice Cream Parlor winding down for the night before heading out of the park.
    Former WDW Magic Kingdom Cast Member (2001-2010): Main Street Parades/WDWRR Engineer/Conductor; Frontierland Attractions; Tomorrowland Attractions

Last: Sep '14 (Coronado Springs)
    Next:Oct 2015: MNSSHP

Have you ever dreamed the dreams of the children...?

Post Thanks / Like

We always sit on the benches around the hub to wait for the crowds and have watched this a few times. Kind of special because nobody is around and you feel like it's your own private show.

Enjoy....
    82 84 85 Apr00 MGV, Jan03 LTV, Sep03 ASMu, Mar04 SVR, Sept04 Pop, Sep05 SSR, Dec06 SSR, Oct07 WLV, Oct09 THV, Oct10 AKL, Oct11 AKL, Oct12 THV, Feb13 CBR, Sept13 BLT/BWV, Apr14 BLT/VB , Jun14 BCV, July14 AKL, Jan15 SSR/DCL, June15 BCV/OKW/VB, Nov15 DCL/Poly, Apr16 GF

Post Thanks / Like

never seen it but I will in about 30 days.
    Have A Magical Day-1970-1989-offsite, 2002-DLR, 2003-DLR, 2005-Sports, 2007-All Music, 2008-POP, December 12-21 2009-Pop, January 16-18, 2010-Disneyland. Disney Sports-Feb 1-6, 2012, Disneyland-December 7 and 8, 2012, DIsney Pop-Feb 1-5, 2013 (my son's first trip.)

Post Thanks / Like

We have never seen it either. Is this something that is played as the park is closing? Guess we willl have to hang around so that we can see it at leat once. Will be there in 15 days!!!Woooohoooo!!
    OFFSITE 1975
    OFFSITE 1989
    CBR JUNE 2006
    CBR MAY 2007
    CBR OCT 2008-MNSSHP
    AS MOVIE APRIL 2009
    WILDERNESS LODGE DEC 2010-MVMCP
    CBR NOV 2011
    CBR OCT 2013-FREE DINING PIN!

CBR NOV 2014-FREE DINING
    CBR SEPT 2015
    CBR OCT 2016-FREE DINING BOUNCE BACK OFFER

Post Thanks / Like

The first time we saw it, it was just a fluke since we were hanging around waiting for crowds to clear.

It is kinda neat, the castle changes colour and there is a recorded message. Sometimes though, we feel like it is saying "you've had fun, now get out and go home".
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 4disneynuts View Post
    We have never seen it either. Is this something that is played as the park is closing? Guess we willl have to hang around so that we can see it at leat once. Will be there in 15 days!!!Woooohoooo!!
    Usually *after* the park officially "closes" for the day, about 15, 30, and 45 minutes after.

...and *only* at MK.

EPCOT has their "Inferno barge burn-off" about an hour after the park closes.
    Former WDW Magic Kingdom Cast Member (2001-2010): Main Street Parades/WDWRR Engineer/Conductor; Frontierland Attractions; Tomorrowland Attractions

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Main Street Jim View Post
    It's actually called the "Kiss Goodnight".

It's a small(er) light show *on* the Castle, along with the "Thank You for coming" announcement(s). You'll be able to see/hear it from anywhere along Main Street, USA We're usually somewhere near Casey's/Ice Cream Parlor winding down for the night before heading out of the park.
    Same place we sit. Always like to close the park so to speak. Of course ive never been up in time for opening ceremony. Maybe ill try that next time.
    12/1987 Off site
    12/2000 All star movies
    7/2001 Coronado springs
    7/2001 Animal kingdom lodge
    12/2001 All star music
    7/2003 Port Orleans
    7/2003 All star sports
    7/2004 Pop Century
    7/2010 All star movies
    7/2011 Pop Century
    3/2013 Pop Century
    4/2013 All star movies

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Main Street Jim View Post
    Usually *after* the park officially "closes" for the day, about 15, 30, and 45 minutes after.

...and *only* at MK.

EPCOT has their "Inferno barge burn-off" about an hour after the park closes.
    Weve never seen that. Will give that a look on next trip. Is it still ok to linger in world showcase after closing time?
    12/1987 Off site
    12/2000 All star movies
    7/2001 Coronado springs
    7/2001 Animal kingdom lodge
    12/2001 All star music
    7/2003 Port Orleans
    7/2003 All star sports
    7/2004 Pop Century
    7/2010 All star movies
    7/2011 Pop Century
    3/2013 Pop Century
    4/2013 All star movies

Post Thanks / Like

I have always wanted to be one of the very last people to leave MK one night.
    Have A Magical Day-1970-1989-offsite, 2002-DLR, 2003-DLR, 2005-Sports, 2007-All Music, 2008-POP, December 12-21 2009-Pop, January 16-18, 2010-Disneyland. Disney Sports-Feb 1-6, 2012, Disneyland-December 7 and 8, 2012, DIsney Pop-Feb 1-5, 2013 (my son's first trip.)

Post Thanks / Like

The first time we saw the Kiss Goodnight we were eating at Ohana's and had a view of the castle. It was neat to watch the colors change. We didn't know then that there was the thank you announcement or that the lights had a name.

Another trip we were relaxing at Casey's after the fireworks while the crowds left and got to hear the announcement as well.

Another cool thing about WDW that isn't a ride.

Jan

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mechanic View Post
    Weve never seen that. Will give that a look on next trip. Is it still ok to linger in world showcase after closing time?
    We were in between Future World and World Showcase (the "plaza", I guess) near the two gift shops when we saw it, and it was like 10-10:15pm or so when it went off.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: