Quantcast Rain during MNSSHP??

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rain during MNSSHP??

Hey Peeps!!

Question… going to MNSSHP for the first time next week (yays!). If there is (heavy) rain, will they cancel the parades and other events? And if so, how far in advance will we know? We don’t mind the typical FL rain, but just wondering how this will affect the party.

Also… being a blonde and a HUGE Maelstrom fan, as TEMPTED as I am to dress up as the Norwegian Cruise Line worker depicted on the mural on the wall inside the line queue (you know what I am talking about!! )…. I decided just to be comfortable and wear my light blue ICOT shirt So if you are there on the 23rd (oh yeah… it’s my bday too!) come say “hey!” to me and the hubby!

Thanks all!
    steph
    Paging Mr. Morrow... Mr. Tom Morrow. Please contact Mr. Johnson in the control tower to confirm your flight to the moon.

BC: 9/12, 7/13, 1/14, 5/14, 9/14, 1/15, 9/15, 9/16
    GF: 9/16
    SSR: 9/13
    WL: 5/16
    BW: 9/11
    OKW: 7/10
    AK: 6/09
    BLT: 9/15
    CBR: 8/07
    ASMo 12/14
    Offsite: 8/88

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Any rain will cancel the Headless Horseman ride. Most rain will cancel the Villian Mix and Mingle Stage Show. Only lightning will cancel the parade or fireworks, though they may be altered slightly in the rain (i.e. some characters will have different costumes - we saw this last night in light rain). However, if it rains early on and they can get the stage dry they'll get the show back on track. The Villians do 3 shows during the party and it's extremely unusual for all 3 to get rained out. Keep a check on the weather blog for details about next week.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

Yes. Rain will cancel the parade and show. However, it takes a LOT to cancel the fireworks
    Cruises:
    Feb 12-16, 2012 (Dream), Oct 20-27, 2012 (Fantasy Eastern), Sept 8-12, 2013 (Dream) Jan 20-24, 2014 (Magic) Sept 14-18, 2015 (Dream) Sept 25-29, 2017 (Dream) Sept 22-29, 2018 (Fantasy Eastern) Sept 23-27, 2019 (Dream)

Post Thanks / Like

I'm bummed about the rain because we made a last minute trip reservation for next week because we had MNSSHP tickets. I sure hope if there is rain, it happens earlier In the day as usual. I will be upset if I spend all that money for the trip and everything gets rained out.

On another note, we will be there the 23rd also! Maybe I will see you stephicakes. I can't convince DH to dress up so will look for some cute Halloween shirts or something when we get there to wear.
    I DO believe in fairies, I DO, I DO!

1977-2007 various resorts
    August 2007 CBR
    August 2009 Poly
    2010 July/August Ply
    2012 July BC & Christmas ASM
    2014 Sept BC
    2015 Sept BC Oct CS
    2016 May FQ Oct GF
    2017 Nov YC

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pixiesmimi View Post
    On another note, we will be there the 23rd also! Maybe I will see you stephicakes. I can't convince DH to dress up so will look for some cute Halloween shirts or something when we get there to wear.
    Sounds good!!
    Paging Mr. Morrow... Mr. Tom Morrow. Please contact Mr. Johnson in the control tower to confirm your flight to the moon.

ASMo 12/14

Post Thanks / Like

We're coming on the 23rd too!! Hubby and I in cardinals shirts (lame costume, but life happens, and DD5 will obviously be Elsa). We're having a baby in December, so Disney is off for about a year...so we are doing a whirlwind few days with our DD5 as a surprise last family trip before baby. We've already told her we have to pick someone up at the airport after school tomorrow...so she won't know until arrival at the airport!! SO HARD TO KEEP THE SECRET!
    First visit: Feb. 1989
    a bunch in between
    Next visit: 6/16

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by stephicakes View Post
    Hey Peeps!!

Question… going to MNSSHP for the first time next week (yays!). If there is (heavy) rain, will they cancel the parades and other events? And if so, how far in advance will we know? We don’t mind the typical FL rain, but just wondering how this will affect the party.

Also… being a blonde and a HUGE Maelstrom fan, as TEMPTED as I am to dress up as the Norwegian Cruise Line worker depicted on the mural on the wall inside the line queue (you know what I am talking about!! )…. I decided just to be comfortable and wear my light blue ICOT shirt So if you are there on the 23rd (oh yeah… it’s my bday too!) come say “hey!” to me and the hubby!

Thanks all!
    steph
    It didn't rain too much!! Plus, we ended up being stranded in the same place during the downpour!! Hope you were able to enjoy the rest of the party!! I'd love to hear what you thought!! Hope the rest of your trip went well!
    a bunch in between

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, it definitely rained on the 23rd. We too were stuck in one place for a long time. We did get to do a little bit of soggy trick or treating and the parade (minus the headless horseman) and light show/fireworks were good. Most of the rides were closed because of the rain. We had hoped to ride the mine train. After sloshing around in the ankle deep water all afternoon, we just called it quits after the fireworks and went back to the resort. I enjoyed the different parade and fireworks but feel the rest of the time was a waste of our money. I guess I might do it again if we were guaranteed good weather and could actually take part in it all.

August 2007 CBR
    August 2009 Poly
    2010 July/August Ply
    2014 Sept BC
    2015 Sept BC Oct CS
    2016 May FQ Oct GF
    2017 Nov YC

Post Thanks / Like

thats how i felt about our first party a few years ago. It had rained briefly...but the weather was so hot and sticky, it felt worse than rain. This one--even with rain was much more fun. I think its about the expectation. We did end up sitting in 2 different places during the heavy rain, but we just waited it out, stayed dry and felt like the light drizzle at 7 was no big deal-since it cleared off right away. One of our highlights was probably meeting Minnie and Daisy. And always the parade
    a bunch in between

Post Thanks / Like

I will know next time what to do and hopefully it won't rain. I was totally at a loss what to do. (Still am.)

August 2007 CBR
    August 2009 Poly
    2010 July/August Ply
    2014 Sept BC
    2015 Sept BC Oct CS
    2016 May FQ Oct GF
    2017 Nov YC

Post Thanks / Like

cuteduck223 - it was SO nice to meet you and your family is ADORABLE! I hope you had a great trip too!!

Yes, what a downpour for a couple hours! DH and I didn't mind too much as we had a nice dry place to wait it out (behind FP+ kiosks at PhilharMagic). Thank gosh the rain stopped just in time for the parade. We watched in Frontierland and really enjoyed it

However, the rest of the party for us wasn't really worth the money, in our opinion. I guess if we had little kids it would be fun to do the candy, character greets, and dance party. But the lines were too long for the candy and way too crowded for much else. We only rode a couple rides and decided to leave shortly after the fireworks show due to congestion. Most of the evening it was so crowded we had to walk single-file and that is just too busy for us to enjoy anything. Again, that was just our opinion and I'm glad we did it, but it was a "one and done" event for us.

On a side note, the whole "event wrist band" system did not seem efficient to us. We were given wrist bands simply after a CM asked us if we had tickets to the event (we did, but how did he know we weren't lying?) and we did have a CM check later in the evening to see if we had them (I think only because we were standing in one place during the rain and easier to ask) but with everyone wearing raincoats and ponchos they were not easy to spot... BUT... once we were on the bus going back to BC, a family of NINE got on the bus without wrist bands and one of the women even said out loud, "I would never pay for that!". So obviously people were staying for the party without paying for tickets. *HUMPF*

But again, we were glad we did it once and the parade was really good. And I got to meet a fellow INTERCOTEE

steph

ASMo 12/14

Post Thanks / Like

I feel the same way. The only way it MIGHT be worth the extra money is if you have children with you and you don't go to that park for the day. We went to MK about noon, had lunch and rode a couple of rides (which I am glad we did since the other rides we wanted to ride were closed during the party because of the rain) and then waited out the rain in one or two spots. After trick or treating in a couple of places where the lines weren't too long, we walked around to the front of the castle and watched the parade and fireworks. I was very disappointed that the headless horseman didn't ride because the CMs came by where we were waiting and told everyone sitting on the curbs to stand up until after the horseman rode (???). We waited and waited and he never rode. Finally everyone sat down. The parade was OK but I thought kind of short. We did enjoy the light show and fireworks but by that time I was so tired I almost couldn't stand up another minute. We went over to Casey's, got a hotdog and caught a bus back to the resort. (We stayed at the BC also. ) We did have to show proof of our tickets to get the bracelet. They scanned our Magic Bands. One person asked to see our bracelets while we were walking in the rain to trick or treat and that was it. The fact that we paid for a ticket to the park that day (didn't have another day to use it) and tickets to the party, I feel we wasted our money, especially if people were staying that didn't pay to be there. I thought they were supposed to start checking everyone and herding them back towards the exit at 7:00. I kept waiting to see this happen and never saw anything like that. I never saw one person checked or asked to leave. Like you said, one and done.

August 2007 CBR
    August 2009 Poly
    2010 July/August Ply
    2014 Sept BC
    2015 Sept BC Oct CS
    2016 May FQ Oct GF
    2017 Nov YC

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: