Quantcast Just got back... my observations

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Just got back... my observations

We went to 4 parks in 4 days, haven't been for 3 years (kids now 17 and 15). Here are the changes that I saw (and can remember).

(not sure if this is a trip report)

- FP+ system is pretty good. Used the 3 passes every day (usually in the AM). Never tried to get an extra FP at night at another park because they were usually out of them at the attractions we wanted to go on.
    - Stitch's Great Escape changed the smell of the chili dog burp. None of us wanted to go on it because the old smell really sticks with you. It's not as bad now... I made everyone go on it mostly to recall my love of Alien Encounter.
    - A lot of the attractions look great now, some seemed a little worn the last time we were there. TTA looks great after refurb and a lot of riders. HM was nice too.
    - IncrediblesSuperDanceParty (MK, Tomorrowland) was a fun event along with the Frozen event (DHS). Frozen fireworks (ending soon) were great too!.
    - One of my 17 year old daughter's favorite attractions was Captain EO (of all things). Worth seeing again.
    - Toy Story Mania and Seven Dwarves Mine Train always had very long lines (even though it wasn't crazy busy) and few to no FPs available. We couldn't even get TSM fast passes a day in advance of going to DHS.
    - Went on Spaceship Earth, never received our videos emailed! Disappointed. 100% sure the email address was correct and checked junk folders (sent to gmail).
    - lots of construction at AK and MK. AK much worse, sad to have Bug's Life closed. Didn't get fired up about many other attractions there.
    - Kilimanjaro Safari changed... don't stop the poachers anymore?

All in all a fun time, was there for 4 days. Saw all 4 fireworks show. Got on almost every attraction we wanted, saw lots of shows. Parks look pretty good!

I just want to remark about how much money you save bringing teens (they weren't interested in all the little souvenir items!)

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

The new smell still says "chili dog" but doesn't make you want to gag!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EricJ View Post
    Officially dropped as of last year. Don't think anyone was paying attention to the poachers plot anyway, and it was starting to be a distraction.
    I thought it was way back longer than that - 2008ish-9ish, maybe?
    Former WDW Magic Kingdom Cast Member (2001-2010): Main Street Parades/WDWRR Engineer/Conductor; Frontierland Attractions; Tomorrowland Attractions

Last: Sep '14 (Coronado Springs)
    Next:Oct 2015: MNSSHP

Have you ever dreamed the dreams of the children...?

Post Thanks / Like

Great post! We also loved the Incredibles Dance Party. It was always rocking!! FP+ was good for us as well!!
    Jennifer (aka Mickey'sGirl)
    INTERCOT Staff: Guests with Special Needs, Dining and Disney Characters

Last trip: March 2016 - Fantasy
    Next trip: Aug 2017 - Aulani

I am a Galactic Hero once more!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Main Street Jim View Post
    I thought it was way back longer than that - 2008ish-9ish, maybe?
    Fall of 2012

Post Thanks / Like

sounds like a great trip. thanks for reporting
    Have A Magical Day-1970-1989-offsite, 2002-DLR, 2003-DLR, 2005-Sports, 2007-All Music, 2008-POP, December 12-21 2009-Pop, January 16-18, 2010-Disneyland. Disney Sports-Feb 1-6, 2012, Disneyland-December 7 and 8, 2012, DIsney Pop-Feb 1-5, 2013 (my son's first trip.)

Post Thanks / Like

One additional treat was that we were at the MK one night and came back again the next morning and there were a ton of fall decorations put up overnight!

Post Thanks / Like

Teens make up in the eating costs for the lack of a need for souvenirs!
    WDW - 1977-86, 1989, 1993, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007(x3), 2008, 2009, 2013, 2014, 2016 (Oct.)
    DLR - 1989, 2007, 2010

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know if you will or not, but I've had my epcot emailed videos show up weeks later sometimes.
    Too many trips to keep track of now! Vacation WDW twice a year so any questions ask freely ☺️

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: