Quantcast Villains' Sinster Soiree to be available at MNSSHP- hard ticket event $99 per ticket - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ANG View Post
    From what I'm understanding, it WILL diminish the party experience. They've taken away the mingle part of the mix and mingle and most of those villians are no longer available for meet and greets because they are made soley for the Tremaine thing.
    While Lady Tremaine and the stepsisters are the main focus of the Villains Soiree I don't think I don't think it stop them from being out and about. First since it is Royal Table there is no danger of having one set in there and another out in the parks. I understand they were at Club Villain plenty during the evening. I did hear that after the stage show the villains no longer come out for a meet and greet, I'm not sure what prompted that change.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EricJ View Post
    There were also reports that Maleficent and the Wicked Queen WEREN'T making appearances with Snow and Aurora at the Princess Hall as advertised, is that true?
    From Jason's Tidbits, stickied to the top of this forum:

8/30/14 Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party is debuting a new Character opportunity for the 2014 parties. The Diamond Horseshoe will be transformed into Club Villain featuring a dance party and opportunities to “mingle” with Cruella De Vil, Dr. Facilier, Anastasia, Drizella, and Lady Tremaine. A second new character event offering The Queen, Snow White, Maleficent and Aurora was announced, but then retracted without any explanation.

Post Thanks / Like

Posted entire reply from Disney in the characters' section....

We sincerely apologize for any frustration or disappointment this has caused. Maleficent and the Queen will not be greeting Guests during Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party. Guests will be able to see them in Mickey’s “Boo to You” Halloween Parade as well as Villains Mix & Mingle – Live on Stage. Other Disney Villains can be found throughout the park, as well as at Club Villain in the Diamond Horseshoe. After further review, we determined that Princess Fairytale Hall would not be able to accommodate the demand for the Maleficent and the Queen character greetings and there is not another suitable location available during the party. Due to this, character greetings are no longer being offered for these specific characters.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FireCricket View Post
    After further review, we determined that Princess Fairytale Hall would not be able to accommodate the demand for the Maleficent and the Queen character greetings
    Probably because they can't have the queue during the fireworks so it would seriously limit the available hours for the meet and greet.
    #runICOT rocks!
    6 years Disney running!
    14 5Ks
    13 10Ks
    16 Half Marathons
    5 Coast to Coast
    Just Finished: WDW 5K 10K
    Up Next: SW Light Side (Virtual Half) Dark Side (Half) Kessel Run Challenge

Post Thanks / Like

Posted entire reply from Disney in the characters' section....

We sincerely apologize for any frustration or disappointment this has caused. Maleficent and the Queen will not be greeting Guests during Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party. Guests will be able to see them in Mickey’s “Boo to You” Halloween Parade as well as Villains Mix & Mingle – Live on Stage. Other Disney Villains can be found throughout the park, as well as at Club Villain in the Diamond Horseshoe. After further review, we determined that Princess Fairytale Hall would not be able to accommodate the demand for the Maleficent and the Queen character greetings and there is not another suitable location available during the party. Due to this, character greetings are no longer being offered for these specific characters.
    Really? They want you to believe this? Want to know what tosses this explanation into the realm of fantasy? The fact that Anna and Elsa are... IN PRINCESS FAIRYTALE HALL... If it can handle those waits, it can handle Maleficent and The Queen...

Badkitty has the more logical, and probably right, reason... Why can't Disney just say that and not make utter nonsense up?
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    Badkitty has the more logical, and probably right, reason... Why can't Disney just say that and not make utter nonsense up?
    This was the reason we were told to get out of the line for Constantine at the Villian's Unleashed Event, they had to clear the area for the fireworks, and that under no circumstaces could anyone be in the area 15 mins before the fireworks show, then they gave us muppets pencils, yeah.
    Apr 2007 - ASMu
    Apr 2008 - Offsite
    Nov 2009 - ASMu
    Feb 2011 - CBR
    Aug 2011 - ASMu
    Aug 2012 - POFQ
    Sept 2013 - POR/AKV
    Mar 2014 - AKV
    Aug 2014 - AKV
    June 2015 - VGC/Aulani
    Nov 2015 - POP
    Aug 2016 - CSR/AKV
    Oct 2017 - AKV/BLT

Post Thanks / Like

My 12 yr old dd Kayley - is so bummed.

It's this type of mis-handled stuff that frustrates me with Disney. They don't seem to plan for 'demand' correctly - how can they miss the mark so many times?

1. Anna & Elsa M&G
    2. Frozen merchandise [especially those plush Olaf's]
    3. Sorcery lightening bolt cards
    4. Maleficent M&G - the year of a major movie release?

Unless like the 'Oil Companies' they [on purpose] manufacture demand by manipulating the supply chain..............................

I know it's only 1 email, but Kayley and I composed an email we sent to guest relations.

She has stated that maybe we will stop going at Halloween time, maybe try Xmas - or hey what about other parks like Universal. She also asked about traveling somewhere else except Disney twice a year.

They bummed her out so bad, she has lost her 'Let's go to Disney' feeling and she had it before she learned she couldn't see Maleficent this year.

Post Thanks / Like

To each his own, but I wouldn’t pay that. I’m not a big villain fan and would only want to meet Yzma, Kronk and Gaston. To me that is several days worth of food or 4-5 T shirts.
    Jack Sparrow: Hide the rum

91-98 Off property
    ASMusic-99
    POFQ-01 Wildfires
    ASMovies-02,03
    Pop-04 Hurricane Jeanne
    Pop-05 Tropical Storm Arlene
    Pop-09,10,11
    Sports-12
    Pop-15

Post Thanks / Like

It's this type of mis-handled stuff that frustrates me with Disney. They don't seem to plan for 'demand' correctly - how can they miss the mark so many times?
    They do have a lot of people that excuse them as if Disney are newbies in this industry and going through growing pains. Disney is the leading and most experienced business in this industry. Most of this they have been doing for decades. They are not out there doing things for the first time like a startup.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tekneek View Post
    They do have a lot of people that excuse them as if Disney are newbies in this industry and going through growing pains. Disney is the leading and most experienced business in this industry. Most of this they have been doing for decades. They are not out there doing things for the first time like a startup.
    True, and I'm not excusing Disney by any means, but this sounds more like a corporate left hand not knowing what the right hand was doing; i.e. safety vs. events. Also, these meet and greets have gotten so (ridiculously) huge that they probably put a giant monkey wrench into logistics and planning.

Again, not trying to make excuses. They should have failsafes for these kinds of embarrassments.
    Many visits over 35+ years!
    DVC member since 2004 (SSR)

Stayed at: Bay Lake Tower, Polynesian, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, Boardwalk, Beach Club, Dolphin, PO Riverside, AS Sports, AS Movies, Saratoga, Vero Beach, Hilton Head, Aulani, Disneyland Hotel, and Grand Californian.

Post Thanks / Like

Well that would be your opinion that people excuse them, there are those that may, there are those who like the change, and there are those of us who just roll with it and don't try to find something negative in everything they do.

Bottom line, if people want to pay it [I wouldn't], then more power to them and Disney.
    Terra - Wife, mother, special needs teacher. Disney addict! °o°

Advocate for my 2 sons. David: Auto-immune disorder. Praying for remission!ASD/SPD & Aaron: ADHD/Anxiety/ASD. Life makes us stronger!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Terra View Post
    Well that would be your opinion that people excuse them, there are those that may, there are those who like the change, and there are those of us who just roll with it and don't try to find something negative in everything they do.

Bottom line, if people want to pay it [I wouldn't], then more power to them and Disney.
    It isn't about "finding the negative." If Disney bungles something in a park event, which they should be the most experienced at, it isn't really one of those brand new things that nobody knew how it was going to work. That's not finding the negative in that instance, that's just being honest. At the prices they charge for events, they should be held appropriately responsible for delivering on it. Not crazy over-the-top responsible for the weather and all sorts of things beyond their control, but certainly for the things that they have full control over.

Post Thanks / Like

It isn't about "finding the negative." If Disney bungles something in a park event, which they should be the most experienced at, it isn't really one of those brand new things that nobody knew how it was going to work. That's not finding the negative in that instance, that's just being honest. At the prices they charge for events, they should be held appropriately responsible for delivering on it. Not crazy over-the-top responsible for the weather and all sorts of things beyond their control, but certainly for the things that they have full control over.
    What I'm getting at is that it's not fair to say about those of us who don't mind or don't care, that we are excusing it. Just as I shouldn't say people only find the negative [which I realize I did].
    It really boils done to John Doe doesn't like the change. Sally Jane does.
    I don't feel a need to hold them responsible personally because I think the change is fine [again not something I would do, but if others will then go for it].

Advocate for my 2 sons. David: Auto-immune disorder. Praying for remission!ASD/SPD & Aaron: ADHD/Anxiety/ASD. Life makes us stronger!

Post Thanks / Like

What I'm getting at is that it's not fair to say about those of us who don't mind or don't care, that we are excusing it. Just as I shouldn't say people only find the negative [which I realize I did].
    It really boils done to John Doe doesn't like the change. Sally Jane does.
    I don't feel a need to hold them responsible personally because I think the change is fine [again not something I would do, but if others will then go for it].
    I completely get what you're saying. We should be able to express our opinions on a change without being labeled. I've seen both scenarios and it can be tiresome. When I have something positive to say, I don't appreciate being called an excuser or pixie duster, or being told I don't know what's value for my own money.

When I express disappointment in something, I want it to be taken for face value and not assumed that I'm overall a negative person (because I'm definitely not! ).

However, I believe I try my best to express my opinion (positive or negative) without going overboard or repeating it several times. If I ever find myself repeating something positive to the point of upset and defensiveness, or repeatedly lamenting over a negative opinion to the point of sounding clinically depressed over it - I hope I will take a step back and regroup! LOL!

And, just to get back to the topic.. I think it's great that there's this party ticket option for people who really want it. For some, this opportunity would be a dream come true and they would consider it good value for their money. It's not something that temps me, I don't see the value for us to do this during a party. But, I certainly don't begrudge Disney offering it or others wanting to try it!

Post Thanks / Like

Although I understand that Disney is a business and things happen, I have no problem with finding faults where I see them. I am held accountable at my job - they should be too. Especially when they make changes that aren't reflected when you purchase....

Also especially when looking through my 12 yr old DD's eyes.

Her perspective:
    1. Maleficent is her favorite character
    2. She loved the movie - saw it more then once
    3. Couldn't wait to get her pic with her again at MNSSHP [like she has the last 8 years]
    4. She even thought there might be some cool extra - stuff with Maleficent, because of the movie
    5. Now she can't get a pic, or talk to her......
    6. She actually asked me what was wrong with Disney - for not showcasing her...

It's not a feeling that we are entitled to something, but to me limiting access to the character of your newest big budget film ---- Someone should be fired.....

I like the idea that they are starting to use the villains more, LOL got to compete with the princesses. I like the party and for people who think it's a great value - I hold no ill-will, go have fun.

But, there is a darkside to this that I cannot believe was not discussed at some point behind closed doors.
    1. The demand for Maleficent is increased this year
    2. Let's stop her 'free' meet and greet
    3. Let's charge for it
    4. We do it on MNSSHP, because people who go there expect to meet with her [guarantees successful rollout]

Just seems to me that the decisions being made, will affect them 15+ years down the road. How many of our children will be Disney fanatics anymore, after being consistently disappointed? It's the frequent successful visits of our children, that will fuel Disney in the years to come.

Post Thanks / Like

I was really referring to an announced portion of the event that was silently retracted (Maleficent and Evil Queen M&G), with the reporting that this was due to a safety issue. Certainly Disney knows all of these things and the only way they could be surprised that they booked something in a closed area is that they screwed up. Not the end of the world, but a mistake that they made. I'm not saying anybody needs to be flogged in the street for it, but calling it what it is is neither negative nor positive. It simply is what it is.

We can agree or disagree with the various changes and whether those are positive or not, but announcing something and quietly pulling it back is bad show.

Post Thanks / Like

Whoa....it's a lot of money.....

No Villain extra hard ticket after a hard ticket party for me!!!

Julie
    Next Up:

Summer 2018... WE ARE BACK!!!
    2 families
    4 teenagers and Larry
    Taking on the parks!

1326 miles from the most magical place on earth
    Post Thanks / Like

I bought tickets for the soiree and cannot wait to go!! This will be my first time in October to go Disney and I'm looking forward to it.
    July'05 - Offsite
    July '06 - AKl
    April '07 - offsite
    July 08 ~ AKV!
    April 09 - SSR 1st time as DVC Member!
    July 09 - AKL-Kadani Village/SSR...
    Dec.'09- AKV
    May '10- Beach Club
    June '11- AKL
    July '13- AKL
    Feb 14 - Wilderness Lodge/Bay Lake Towers
    October 15-AKL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheVBs View Post
    I completely get what you're saying. We should be able to express our opinions on a change without being labeled. I've seen both scenarios and it can be tiresome. When I have something positive to say, I don't appreciate being called an excuser or pixie duster, or being told I don't know what's value for my own money.

When I express disappointment in something, I want it to be taken for face value and not assumed that I'm overall a negative person (because I'm definitely not! ).

However, I believe I try my best to express my opinion (positive or negative) without going overboard or repeating it several times. If I ever find myself repeating something positive to the point of upset and defensiveness, or repeatedly lamenting over a negative opinion to the point of sounding clinically depressed over it - I hope I will take a step back and regroup! LOL!

And, just to get back to the topic.. I think it's great that there's this party ticket option for people who really want it. For some, this opportunity would be a dream come true and they would consider it good value for their money. It's not something that temps me, I don't see the value for us to do this during a party. But, I certainly don't begrudge Disney offering it or others wanting to try it!
    Yes exactly. Well put!
    I was really referring to an announced portion of the event that was silently retracted (Maleficent and Evil Queen M&G), with the reporting that this was due to a safety issue. Certainly Disney knows all of these things and the only way they could be surprised that they booked something in a closed area is that they screwed up. Not the end of the world, but a mistake that they made. I'm not saying anybody needs to be flogged in the street for it, but calling it what it is is neither negative nor positive. It simply is what it is.

We can agree or disagree with the various changes and whether those are positive or not, but announcing something and quietly pulling it back is bad show.
    Ahh got it. Didn't realize what you were referring too.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: