Quantcast Is there a standby policy for BOG

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Is there a standby policy for BOG

Is there any information on the standby policy for BOG. I think I saw something but not sure.

Thanks in advance...
    Itchy for another trip

Caribbean Beach 1989, 90, 92
    All St Movies 1999, 04, 05, 11
    All St Sports 2006
    Pop 2007, 08 x2, 09 x2, 10, 12 x2,13,14,15,16,17,18,2021,23
    POR 2010 x2, 11
    Coronado Springs 2019

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

For lunch there is a line.

For dinner, they will most likely tell you there's nothing, however I've heard when there's bad weather, there's often enough people cancelling to have availability

If you need to dine for dinner, the only guarantee is to make a reservation.

Post Thanks / Like

I saw a tidbit the other day (although not confirmed) that BoG for lunch is going the way of the Anna & Elsa Meet and Soarin' in that they are giving out passes to come back for the standby line, aka "Fastpass for Standby."

It's no secret I don't like the way this is going.

I've never had an issue getting into BoG for lunch going standby. I've eaten there 4 times now, at different times throughout the year, and the most I waited is maybe 20 minutes. Now, I'll have to rush over first thing in the morning and grab a 'pass' if I want to eat there. Isn't that what FP+ was supposed to eliminate?

Post Thanks / Like

BOG has now gone to a paper "fastpass" for standby. It's first come, first serve. Walk up and you're given a return time to get in the standby line. Once they run out of those spots no more people will be allowed in the standby line. This policy was started in the last couple of weeks.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Strmchsr View Post
    BOG has now gone to a paper "fastpass" for standby. It's first come, first serve. Walk up and you're given a return time to get in the standby line. Once they run out of those spots no more people will be allowed in the standby line. This policy was started in the last couple of weeks.
    Awful, awful, awful!

Post Thanks / Like

What is this recent aversion Disney seems to have with people waiting in line?
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder why they just don't go to FP+ only (OK, I know why, but this whole "stand-by ticket" thing is just crazy!)

I agree - why is waiting in line all of a sudden against the rules at Disney? At some point, lines are going to happen, and people expect them to happen. Geesh!
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    Then they are not spending $$$$ Haha!!!!!
    Mar'14 DCL..Nov '13 POP..Jan '13 CBR..Mar'12 Swan/Dolphin..Nov '11 Universal/legoland, one night @ WDW..Oct '10 POP..April '09 Swan/Dolphin..Jan '09 AKL..Apr'08 offsite..Jan/Feb '08 offsite..Dec '08 HiltonHeadResort..Oct '07 Pop.. July '07 VB..May '07 DCL.Oct '06 FtWcabins.May '06 POP.Jan '06 POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny1113 View Post
    Then they are not spending $$$$ Haha!!!!!
    But at BOG, they are in line TRYING to spend money. I don't get it.
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

I'm getting sick of this whole "we have to get these folks out of line and get them spending money!" trend.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    I'm getting sick of this whole "we have to get these folks out of line and get them spending money!" trend.
    I will vomit if Disneyland jumps onto this sinking ship...
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

Just got back from the Magic, and had no trouble at all with our previously booked online (thanks to Intercot!)Fastpasses. Enjoyed a wonderful lunch! I thought it was weird when we saw NO line in Standby, but there was a cast member standing there telling everyone there were no more openings for BOG that day. Heard later in day about the FPs being handed out, and then I understood.......
    91 Co
    8 M
    00,1,2 S
    3 CB 25
    4 P,Mu,AKL
    5 S
    6 Pp,CB,G 30
    7 S/D,CB
    8 CB,G 30
    9 Mu,CBP/Or,P
    10 CBP,P
    11 Mu,Do/Ret,P
    12 Mu,CB,AA AK
    13 P 35
    14 P,CB,Mu
    15 P,FQ,C,M,S

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    I just got back, and people are definitely still standing in line! Will post more soon, but on Monday, unless you had a FP there were no opportunities by afternoon to ride at MK without standing in ridiculous lines! Didn't like. Sooooo I'm not sure how well all this preplanning stuff is working. And we'd used our FPs at Epcot in the morning, but scoring a new one meant--you guessed it--standing in MORE looooong lines, with very few choices!
    91 Co
    8 M
    00,1,2 S
    3 CB 25
    4 P,Mu,AKL
    5 S
    6 Pp,CB,G 30
    7 S/D,CB
    8 CB,G 30
    9 Mu,CBP/Or,P
    10 CBP,P
    11 Mu,Do/Ret,P
    12 Mu,CB,AA AK
    13 P 35
    14 P,CB,Mu
    15 P,FQ,C,M,S

Post Thanks / Like

Awful, awful, awful!
    This actually makes sense for this type of "attractions".

There are a limited number of seats for lunch. Lunch ends at a certain time.

If lunch ends at 4:00pm, you don't want people getting in line at 2:30 only to be told an hour later they won't get in.

I think this standby plus type thing works well for shows, meet and greets, and restaurants (if necessary) because they have limited capacity.

For an attraction, if someone wants to get in line for Soarin at 8:59 they should be allowed to.

But for a restaurant that is serving lunch only up to a certain time when dinner reservations then begin, it make sense.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by yankeesfan123 View Post

If lunch ends at 4:00pm, you don't want people getting in line at 2:30 only to be told an hour later they won't get in.

I think this standby plus type thing works well for shows, meet and greets, and restaurants (if necessary) because they have limited capacity.

For an attraction, if someone wants to get in line for Soarin at 8:59 they should be allowed to.

But for a restaurant that is serving lunch only up to a certain time when dinner reservations then begin, it make sense.
    Like I've said before, it's not that hard to get into BoG for lunch. Well.....it wasn't. I just don't like the precedent this is setting. If you want to eat somewhere (or whatever the activity may be) that bad, get there early and get it done.

It all boils down to even more micro planning. Some folks like it, some don't. I've resigned myself to the FP+ stuff, as there really is no other choice. But now, if I'm staying offsite with my in-laws at their timeshare, and therefore we're not eligible for FP+ for BoG, we'll have to be up and out the door early to get to MK for the special return pass if we want to eat there. And I sure hope the time they give us to return doesn't interfere with those FP+ times we had to reserve 30 days before. Because then we'll have to take some more of our park time out, pull up the old MDE and make some changes. Hope there is something good still available!

Post Thanks / Like

I guess the same logic could therefore be applied to Soarin as well...

The ride only holds so many guests if we let too many people get in line at x time, the ride will be open well beyond park close....
    Mar'14 DCL..Nov '13 POP..Jan '13 CBR..Mar'12 Swan/Dolphin..Nov '11 Universal/legoland, one night @ WDW..Oct '10 POP..April '09 Swan/Dolphin..Jan '09 AKL..Apr'08 offsite..Jan/Feb '08 offsite..Dec '08 HiltonHeadResort..Oct '07 Pop.. July '07 VB..May '07 DCL.Oct '06 FtWcabins.May '06 POP.Jan '06 POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny1113 View Post
    I guess the same logic could therefore be applied to Soarin as well...

The ride only holds so many guests if we let too many people get in line at x time, the ride will be open well beyond park close....
    No. It couldn't be used for Soarin. They keep rides open after park hours to accommodate people standing in line, or they close the line a little before park closing.

They do not continue to seat people for lunch once dinner hours begin because ADRs are taken instead.

All this adds up to is that it is a reservation for lunch that you need to get when you get to the park. That's all.

Post Thanks / Like

All this adds up to is that it is a reservation for lunch that you need to get when you get to the park. That's all.

And why don't they just go ahead and change the classification to 'table service'? Because that's what it is.

Post Thanks / Like

And why don't they just go ahead and change the classification to 'table service'? Because that's what it is.
    I agree with that sentiment.

Post Thanks / Like

No. It couldn't be used for Soarin. They keep rides open after park hours to accommodate people standing in line, or they close the line a little before park closing.
    Actually, there is serious discussion about using this same system for Soarin. Some of my friends in management have said the idea is picking up steam because of the long standby lines that always exist at Soarin, so don't be surprised if you see this same thing in the not too distant future. It's not definite, but it's looking more likely.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: