Quantcast Live trip report

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Live trip report

So, I'm here right now as we checked in yesterday morning.

Our beach club villa was ready around 11 am.

Hungout around the hotel.

Ate dinner at Captain's Grille at 5pm. All four of us loved our meals.

Headed to MK via bus. Arrived about 7pm.

Hit Philharmagic with no wait, HM with no wait, the Splash Mountain with FP+ around 7:45.

Then we went to our reserved spot for MSEP. We got there around 8:25 (15 minutes before the return window) and there were already about 75 people in the area.

After MSEP, we walked onto Buzz and MiLF before heading out for tonight. Got back to the hotel about 11pm.

MDE and FP+ worked flawlessly. I'm traveling with my in laws who haven't been here in 20 years and couldn't be more thrilled with MDE and FP+. Granted, they never knew the old system, but they love this so far.

Today: Epcot and more resort/pool time.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for sharing. Have a magical trip!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a successful first day, enjoy your trip!
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

Great first day. Have fun!
    Cindy aka AgentC
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations, Dining, Movies, TV, Music & Musicals

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the information! Keep it coming!

British Columbia, Canada (3408 miles from WDW!)
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm here also. Arrived Saturday, I was very surprised with how small crowds were yesterday at both MK and EPCOT!

Have a great day today!
    ~Lynne~

On deck, you scabrous dogs! Man the braces! Let down and haul to run free. Now...bring me that horizon

DCL 2008 Mexico, 2011 Alaska, 2013 Caribbean
    WDW 2000, 2003, 2005, 2007, 2010, 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
    Disneyland 2015, 2004,1993,1992, 1991,1973

Post Thanks / Like

Looking forward to hearing more as we arrive on the 22nd.
    '74 Contemporary
    '76 Contemporary

'90 CBR
    '97 Off Site
    '00 Swan
    '05 GF
    '08 GF RPC
    '09 GF RPC-Short SURPRISE trip for kids
    '11 GF RPC

'12 Contemporary
    '14 GF RPC
    '15 DL VGC
    '16 VGF

Post Thanks / Like

Day 2 (so far):

We didn't really have any plans today originally but decided to head over Epcot in the morning because we were all up and moving.

We entered through the International Gateway at 9 and wandered through the west side of the World Showcase. We went to Spaceship Earth and hopped on with no line. Then we went to The Land and, one again, hopped on with no line. We road Figment and then watched the fountain show.

At 11, we strolled through the rest of the World Showcase and grabbed a light lunch in France before heading back to the Beach Club.

We spent a few hours by Stormalong Bay and now we are relaxing in our room.

Tonight: 5pm ADR at Coral Reef followed by a FP at Soarin and Maelstrom.

We might mosey over to HS for EMH tonight or maybe Jellyrolls.

Every attraction had a standby wait of less than 15 minutes except Soarin (50) and TT (70) when we left Epcot at 11:45 earlier today.

Post Thanks / Like

This is great stuff!~ I was checking the MDE app this morning for wait times and your feedback on waits is very similar to the what the app is listing. Good to know that your real time data is translating to the app.

If you keep posting, I'll keep reading

"yankeesfan123 - forum legend"
    Michael
    You ain't never had a friend like me!

DVC Owner - AKL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EricJ View Post
    As long as you keep posting it in the Trip Report forum, which is what it's for. Always fun to read something there.
    Yet no one sees it there because not as many people visit that forum.

Here, as I'm reporting on the THEME PARKS (yes, as well as other things) I think it to be more useful.

Post Thanks / Like

We can leave it here, and when the trip is done - move it over to Trip reports...
    Ali's Mom
    Senior Imagineer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Imalismom View Post
    We can leave it here, and when the trip is done - move it over to Trip reports...
    Thanks Ali's mom!

To finish up day 2:

We left the BC and went to Coral Reef for a 4:45 ADR. We finished dinner, rode Nemo with no wait, and hungout in the Seas for a bit.

At 6:45, as we were about to leave The Seas, it began pouring. We hustled over to The Land before it really got going though.

We hit Soarin with a FP+. Now, it's pouring out and a lot of people are taking shelter in The Land pavilion (and TT was closed), but even then, the SB line for Soarin was only 45 minutes when we entered the line and 40 minutes when we exited. I think that 40 minutes is a very reasonable time for that attraction.

It was still raining when we left the Land around 7:45. We started to head to Norway for an 8pm FP at Maelstrom. Well, two of our paths were blocked by GIANT puddles, 3-6 inches deep. This was a mess and caused quite the little mess.

After shuffling sideways on the curb while holding onto the fence in front of Mexico, while my FIL carried my MIL across the puddle, we made it to Maelstrom. 15 min SB line here, but we used our FP.

We stopped at France for dessert and exited the park around 8:40pm. The rain was just letting up after about 2 hours. The WS had very light crowds. Almost no one was waiting for Illuminations but it looked like it hadn't been canceled.

Once again, MDE worked perfect. Not a single issue and even the website worked smoothly. I also didn't see or hear anyone who had any issues. Most guests seems to have a pretty good handle on the system from what I can see. Very few people with just "gray MB" if you know what I mean.

Tomorrow: HS in the morning to hit some of the "lesser" attractions as my party likes to avoid the chaos that can be Disney World. Then an ADR at Chefs de France followed by some MK time.

Goodnight all!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the live report! So glad to hear that the lines are good!
    Haunted Mansion Girl
    1990 & 1992 Off Site
    2002 & 2003 Fort Wilderness
    2004 Disney Wonder & Fort Wilderness
    2005, 2008, 2011 & 2013 Riverside
    2006 & 2008 Pop
    2009 Disneyland
    2011, 2013 & 2014 Coronado Springs
    2012 CB Pirate Room
    2015 POR
    2016 June & Oct Off Site
    2017 Sept Coronado!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EricJ View Post
    As long as you keep posting it in the Trip Report forum, which is what it's for. Always fun to read something there.
    I'll keep reading no matter where it is posted. I enjoy your reports immensely.
    Michael
    You ain't never had a friend like me!

DVC Owner - AKL

Post Thanks / Like

Today we headed to HS in the morning. We walked over and arrived just a few minutes after rope drop.

We were avoiding any of the big attractions that would attract big crowds because we have FP for the ones we want to do at the end of the week.

We walked to the left and almost did Star Tours but the rest of my party decided that simulators aren't their thing. We skipped it, even though the line was only posted at 5 minutes. I assume it was a walk on.

Instead, we saw MuppetVision then walked onto the Backlot Tour. Not too much going on in this area of the park which was nice.

We strolled down the Streets of America then wandered to Indiana Jones. We saw people lined up to see the Frozen royal welcome parade at this time (about 10:55) but it didn't seem to be overly crowded.

Indy was fun but the ball wasn't rolling! They covered it just fine but it did seen a tad awkward if you've seen the show.

We exited the park around noon, took the boat back to the hotel and ate lunch at hurricane hannahs.

Relaxing now. 5pm ADR at Chefs de France tonight followed by MK.

Thanks all!

Edit: I need to add that I did see some confusion with MDE today. I saw/heard more than 1 party that didn't think you could change just 1 FP without canceling and changing ALL your FP. Not sure where they received that info.

Also, the people seated behind me at Indy wanted to right the "Twilight" Tower of Terror. I hope they weren't expecting vampires!

Post Thanks / Like

Also, the people seated behind me at Indy wanted to right the "Twilight" Tower of Terror. I hope they weren't expecting vampires![/QUOTE]

That is too funny!!!!
    TinkX2

Next Visit - Dec 2017 Pop Century
    Dec 2016 - Pop Century
    Feb 2016 - Coronado Springs Resort
    Dec 2014 - Caribbean Beach Resort
    June 2010 - Off-site
    June 2004 - Old Key West Resort
    May 2003 - All Star Music
    March 2001 - Caribbean Beach Resort

Post Thanks / Like

BTW, I'm doing all this by phone so I apologize for the typos!

Post Thanks / Like

No problem with typos! It's just adding to the charm!
    Haunted Mansion Girl
    1990 & 1992 Off Site
    2002 & 2003 Fort Wilderness
    2004 Disney Wonder & Fort Wilderness
    2005, 2008, 2011 & 2013 Riverside
    2006 & 2008 Pop
    2009 Disneyland
    2011, 2013 & 2014 Coronado Springs
    2012 CB Pirate Room
    2015 POR
    2016 June & Oct Off Site
    2017 Sept Coronado!

Post Thanks / Like

This is like eating too many cookies. I want to eat them, but I know it's not good for me. I want to read your reports, but it's making me so jealous that i'm not at the park.....
    anyway, I like cookies and I like your reports. LOL
    Have A Magical Day-1970-1989-offsite, 2002-DLR, 2003-DLR, 2005-Sports, 2007-All Music, 2008-POP, December 12-21 2009-Pop, January 16-18, 2010-Disneyland. Disney Sports-Feb 1-6, 2012, Disneyland-December 7 and 8, 2012, DIsney Pop-Feb 1-5, 2013 (my son's first trip.)

Post Thanks / Like

Wrapping up yesterday's report:

After lounging around the pool, we ate at Chefs de France at 5pm. Then, we walked to the front of the park to catch to monorail to MK.

MK seemed to be pretty crowded for a random Tuesday night without EMH, but it is summer vaca.

We had a 30 minute wait at Jungle Cruise. Not terrible for this time of year. We then journeyed up the Swiss Family Treehouse before heading to BTMRR with a FP. The queue is awful. It was sweltering with no airflow and we were only in line for 5 minutes.

We walked back through Adventureland and rode a Pirates. The wait was listed as 35 minutes but it only took 20. By the time we exited (8:20), it was only a 15 minute wait.

We grabbed some Dole Whips and headed to the Rose Garden to watch Wishes. Some people were hopping the fence in the front of the reserved area to join us FastPassers, and there really weren't too many CMs to catch them.

That was it for the night for us.

Today: AK and then we brave DTD later tonight. Eek.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: